View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #44
bmwfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by adlinyusman
The McLaren F1 deserves to be praised on the basis that it was and maybe still is the fastest car in the world. Regarding the practical bit, come on now, if you have a Mclaren F1, don't tell me you can't afford an S600 or a Maybach. That's just stupid. I hate Brundle, he's dull, my mate watched the DVD for 5 minutes then switched back to JC's Shoot out DVD. At least JC's pretty honest on what he rates as good or bad, and he freely admits that he's not a good driver. The first few minutes of the DVD was alright, with the F40 being driven out of the driveway and constantly banging the front spoiler on the path, that is fine, it's true that driving a supercar, has it's cons heck even my 355 gets scraped everytime i drive out of my house (why is it so god damned low, at least the 360 is liveble). Everyone knows that! It's as though he's showing the DVD for Perodua Kelisa buyers (no offense). Argh.
Since I have one ( a Kelisa, not a Macca), I find that hilarious. All Kelisa drivers are yes, up to their necks in love with a MAcca F1. Those that know the Mac exists of course. Maybe because our cars pitch and roll as much as the Macca in high speed corners.

Get the feeling that people would listen more to this DVD's conclusions if Tiff or JC had done it instead? The Mac won because it was the best all rounder, I suppose. To think that it can be a long distance cruiser, and still not embarass itself on a track, yet posses an engine than be as docile as a superminis/as racous as a NASCAR's. It's packaging is nigh-on briliant.

The fact that ten, eleven years later, it can still compete with the likes of the Enzo and others of its ilk, are simply astonishing.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.