Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Videogames (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   GT4 Demo available from Toyota.com (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11009)

666fast 06-02-2004 02:37 AM

GT4 Demo available from Toyota.com

It's no Prologue, but it's something.

Go to http://www.toyota.com/index1.html
Then hover your mouse over the vehicles link at the top left, a little box will popup, then go to brochures, another box pops up and then click on "request brochure"

Fill out the info (take note that a phone number is NOT required, a guy on another forum is getting calls from a local dealer). At one point, it'll ask what you want a brochure for, make sure to choose the Prius as one of them.

Submit and wait for it to arrive!

It's a limited game, only cars are the Toyota Motor Triathalon Car and the Prius. Fuji & Grand Canyon are the only tracks, for two laps, with a 2 minute time limit.
It's not much, but it's something and it's free. To bad we didn't get the same version Japan did. It had 40 different Toyotas, no time limit and more tracks I believe.

BTW, I'm told it supports steering wheels for those who were wondering.

Tell everyone you know to order it. HopefullyToyota will get swamped with orders and PD will get a clue and start giving us the special GT games.

Mopsdrops 06-02-2004 10:27 AM

Hmmm thanks quit handy, I don't need it any more. I'll go tomorrow to the shop and buy it.

spyd3rr 06-02-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsdrops
Hmmm thanks quit handy, I don't need it any more. I'll go tomorrow to the shop and buy it.

huh? buy what? GT4 isn't out yet

but as for that demo, thats AWESOME. props to Toyota for offering it. there's probably some playstation deal behind the scenes but still, it shows that toyota seems to believe that GT4 is as close to real as it gets. can't wait for GT4 to come out. hope and pray that they don't push back the release date any furthur

suqish76 06-02-2004 10:49 AM

GT4 isnt but GT4 "prologue" is
has anyone else played it yet ?
I was playing it today and thought it was ok, (there's no car settings etc, very much like GT concept)
but i'll wait for the full version

Mopsdrops 06-02-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyd3rr
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsdrops

huh? buy what? GT4 isn't out yet

but as for that demo, thats AWESOME. props to Toyota for offering it. there's probably some playstation deal behind the scenes but still, it shows that toyota seems to believe that GT4 is as close to real as it gets. can't wait for GT4 to come out. hope and pray that they don't push back the release date any furthur

Here in Belgium, i've discoverd from yesterday it's in the store, in the Mediamarkt. Only i had €10 to short. Tomorrow i'll go back and buy it.

Silvia_Drift 06-02-2004 04:11 PM

Re: GT4 Demo available from Toyota.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
It's no Prologue, but it's something.

Go to http://www.toyota.com/index1.html
Then hover your mouse over the vehicles link at the top left, a little box will popup, then go to brochures, another box pops up and then click on "request brochure"

Fill out the info (take note that a phone number is NOT required, a guy on another forum is getting calls from a local dealer). At one point, it'll ask what you want a brochure for, make sure to choose the Prius as one of them.

Submit and wait for it to arrive!

It's a limited game, only cars are the Toyota Motor Triathalon Car and the Prius. Fuji & Grand Canyon are the only tracks, for two laps, with a 2 minute time limit.
It's not much, but it's something and it's free. To bad we didn't get the same version Japan did. It had 40 different Toyotas, no time limit and more tracks I believe.

BTW, I'm told it supports steering wheels for those who were wondering.

Tell everyone you know to order it. HopefullyToyota will get swamped with orders and PD will get a clue and start giving us the special GT games.

Fuck, I'm in Canada so i don't think I can order it. Gonna go check Toyota's Canadian site now to see if they have it too.

Sachmo12345 06-02-2004 04:28 PM

HURRAY finally i get to see what GT4 will be like even though in shitty cars

Vansquish 06-03-2004 10:19 PM

must be too late, it says that the GT4 DVD is out of stock hehe.

sads 06-04-2004 02:11 AM

Its worth froking out the money for the Prlogue simply for the bonus DVD its awsome

Squeek 06-04-2004 09:32 AM

does anybody know if this offer from toyota is available in the UK?

gis 06-04-2004 09:38 AM

why bother gettin it when prolouge is available here :D

spyd3rr 06-07-2004 12:16 AM

that is not fair...why won't they release prologue in the US?!??!

i can personally guarantee them that it will sell well haha too bad they won't take my word for it.

Vansquish 06-07-2004 12:23 AM

I think they figure that by teasing us Yanks they'll end up selling more copies of the finalized game here. I mean, look at us, we're sitting here salivating at all the different Prologues that have come out and the best we can get at the moment is some piddly thing with a couple of tracks and a couple of marginal Toyotas. All I can say is it has to be a marketing ploy. All the same, if you check out Suprnova.org, there is a copy of the Prologue that someone ripped that you can download as a torrent. The only question is that I haven't heard any feedback on whether the file actually burns to a DVDR and then plays properly in the PS2.

666fast 06-07-2004 02:43 AM

Quote:

The only question is that I haven't heard any feedback on whether the file actually burns to a DVDR and then plays properly in the PS2.
It probably would. But you need a modchip for it to work most likely.

Vansquish 06-07-2004 02:52 AM

That was sort of my assumption, but I'm hoping to hear otherwise hehehe.