Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ENOUGH IS ENOUGH JABBAS HALL OF SHAME !!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1253)

Jabba 08-30-2003 08:44 PM

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH JABBAS HALL OF SHAME !!!

A few people have been posting a large amount of obvious small pointless posts recently...just to raise their post count up...so that they can gain access to the downloading section....

Several people have been removed today from the downloading group for doing this...as it is a nuisance to people (inc myself) who rely on the "unread orange lights" to indicate where new posts have been made...

I wil be making a list of people here that continue to post worthless comments up....and then we shall start deleting their crap from JW completely....

Please feel free to nominate anyone that you think should be considered for being added to this list

Thanks

Jabba

TT 08-30-2003 08:50 PM

Obviously I second that... again, we're not trying to be mean towards users, and I'm sure the regular will understand our position.

Such spam simply ruins JW.

I consider it my home on the net.. and it's really a cool place, with cool ppl!

I love JW because there are many mature users, posting wise comments, interesting bit of info and entertaining reviews of Jabba's vids.

If to read the good stuff I have to swim between 100 pointless posts every morning, the joy will be ruined..

We're just asking for quality... ppl posting 30 consecutive post during 3 days, while they never posted before won't NEVER access the download section...

I hope things will change and came back to normal guys :)

This place is great, and it's thanks to all of you, so please, keep on the GOOD work!

fedezyl 08-30-2003 09:09 PM

kalim1234, like to nominate him, i've been annoyed by not one but several of his pointless posts.

Jabba 08-30-2003 09:12 PM

yep that person is already in my sights..... :twisted:

fedezyl 08-30-2003 09:15 PM

Bring the sucker down...drop the hammer, let the hounds loose, pull the trigger, fire the missiles, oops...shouldn't have taken so many of those pills....oh well, anothe boring saturday night in Orlando...I hate this place..

AlienDB7 08-30-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedezyl
Bring the sucker down...drop the hammer, let the hounds loose, pull the trigger, fire the missiles, oops...shouldn't have taken so many of those pills....oh well, anothe boring saturday night in Orlando...I hate this place..

Why did ya take the red pill? You could have stayed in jabba's world!

my_pointless_post_counter += 1;

fedezyl 08-30-2003 09:27 PM

Didn't know it was red, I just take any pills in front of me, can't get high enough these days...LOL

Anile8er 08-30-2003 09:43 PM

i nomanate geekdiggy :)

gis 08-30-2003 09:45 PM

^^^^^^^^^dude,u read my mind :D

stracing 08-30-2003 10:03 PM

3rd vote on that guy

did anyone make 50 posts in one day?

sbbs 08-30-2003 10:07 PM

What?! He made 50 posts in one day? Then my vote is to that fellow.

oic0 08-30-2003 10:15 PM

Get the torches and pitch forks! public humiliation and executions! I think the problem is people want 50 posts so they can watch movies, but they need inspiration on what to talk about. Dunno why they are scared to make their own topic though....... wouldnt your post count get up much faster if you had a conversation with a few people in an intersting post?

DR.GONZO 08-30-2003 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbbs
What?! He made 50 posts in one day? Then my vote is to that fellow.

DAM 50 now that is a lot, that's a spammer, usuall comment's for all 50 post's were probrobly like yea,serious,and other 1 liners 1 liners are ok but in a normal cause to spam and do 50 in one day dizzaamm.

AlienDB7 08-30-2003 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oic0
Get the torches and pitch forks! public humiliation and executions! I think the problem is people want 50 posts so they can watch movies, but they need inspiration on what to talk about. Dunno why they are scared to make their own topic though....... wouldnt your post count get up much faster if you had a conversation with a few people in an intersting post?

Cause it's much easier to give random response to a thread.. it's so easy, you can even write a script to do it.

if (msg.contains("sticker"))
insert_ricer_joke
else if (msg.contains("vicki")
insert(:shocked!:)
else if (msg.contains("jeremy")
insert_jeremy_quotes
else
rephrase_last_response

Just realize I only need 2 more posts to get another wild italian horse :)

sbbs 08-30-2003 11:31 PM

So what's the result of the script you've wrote? What is it like? Very short?