Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Japanese Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Nissan Voids GTR R35 warrenty if you turn off stability / traction control (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57297)

nthfinity 06-28-2008 12:50 AM

Nissan Voids GTR R35 warrenty if you turn off stability / traction control

You heard it right.... Gasp!!! ...... unless you are in snow or mud

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....=post&id=17628

5vz-fe 06-28-2008 12:52 AM

shit, I thought RC was kidding on the other post.....damn......Nissan has done it.

RC45 06-28-2008 12:55 AM

Heehee... :P

nthfinity 06-28-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe (Post 838011)
shit, I thought RC was kidding on the other post.....damn......Nissan has done it.

Thought it must be a rumor like the Veyron voids it's warrenty when doing Vmax (top speed key) ..... not this time...

Spiffu 06-28-2008 01:12 AM

Just how would they know when you do it, though I know every owner's Veyron transmits all speed/function data back to the company.

The GTR is another matter..

HeilSvenska 06-28-2008 01:28 AM

Massive fail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 838014)
Thought it must be a rumor like the Veyron voids it's warrenty when doing Vmax (top speed key) ..... not this time...

At least Bugatti gives you the option of using Bugatti's own car to do a Vmax run at Ehra Lessien.

ferrarif1fan89 06-28-2008 01:37 AM

Wow, what a shame. I'm liking this car less and less.

5vz-fe 06-28-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffu (Post 838017)
Just how would they know when you do it, though I know every owner's Veyron transmits all speed/function data back to the company.

The GTR is another matter..

It's not hard to store 1 bit into a memory somewhere.

styla21 06-28-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska (Post 838021)
Massive fail.

Word. :bored:

enzoferrari 06-28-2008 04:36 AM

Bad for GTR owners really bad,nissan have to stop lying!

fordgt84 06-28-2008 07:22 AM

oh come on :censored::cursing:

nissan makes this gr8 car, and then they give us this bullshit about not being allowed to switch off the stability control... if i buy a car i want to drive it how ever they hell i want and i dont want the ppl i bought it from telling me how i can and cannot drive...i love the gtr but i hate nissan for this bullshit

STiInYourEye 06-28-2008 11:18 AM

This seems absolutely crazy. That means to take advantage of the Launch Control feature, you would instantly void the warranty. I was under the impression that a vehicle manufacturer could not include a feature on the car (like LC) that when used, would result in the warranty being voided.

HeilSvenska 06-28-2008 12:20 PM

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Nissan failed in that they promote this car as easily approachable cheap-price alternative to supercars that you can drive on the limit without killing yourself, yet they alienate the GT-R enthusiasts by locking the ECU, putting a nationwide speed limiter, (in Japan, GT-R's homeland no less) then setting up a ridiculous servicing intervals and costs that would void your warranty if you didn't comply (and the fact that in Japan, Nissan knows if you'd been having fun, via a satellite, and will make you pay for it). And now you can't even turn the stability/traction control off.

And the launch control? That's the car's party piece. You'll get still impressive, but not-so-hype-worthy 4 sec 0-60, 9 sec 0-100, and 13 sec 1/4 mile at ??? mph instead of the biblical numbers Nissan's throwing into every single publication of any kind.

This car embodies everything I hate about Nissan. That's still less than any Toyota though. ;-)

*Found the owners manual online. Will read later.

torrentjunkie 06-28-2008 03:30 PM

Okay, well i have to say that's one thing i dont like about it.

But anyway, its a japanese built nissan, so you could do away with the warranty, in my expreience japanese cars remain whilst everything else drop like flies.

I'm positively sure there's a small army of tuning companies growing that would be able remedy that situation. I guess nissan are just being obsessively overprotective over it's flagship, but i honestly don't see this warranty issue lasting, seeing as its true enthusiasts that will buy this car. Customer feedback is going to force nissan into changing their minds.

I think they want to ditch this entire aftermarket modifying scenario, because that in some way diminishes the status of the car, and in some ways the company itself, hence all these nasty and frankly stupid rules.

r2r 06-28-2008 07:16 PM

SAy What?

:laugh:................all I can say.