Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AMV8 spy video - Engine sounds fantastic!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18983)

aks 11-18-2004 04:39 AM

AMV8 spy video - Engine sounds fantastic!!

here's the autoexpress link (you need to be a member, won't take long, worth it anyway)
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/video_g...y.php?id=51813

and as said in the title, the engine sounds absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

can't wait for it to come out! :mrgreen:

komotar 11-18-2004 07:28 AM

Fuckin' A!!!

It sounds more like a TVR than an AM. :?

Great find. Thx!

mindgam3 11-18-2004 08:31 AM

this is gonna be one hell of a car ;)

Anonymous 11-18-2004 08:34 AM

Cheers, nice sound to it for sure particularly at higher engine speeds.... not sure i prefer it to the sound of the DB9/ vanquish but its still very sweet sounding :D :D (BTW i didn't have to be a member to watch that)

budagboy2 11-18-2004 08:40 AM

"500bhp-plus supercharged R version is also said to be on the cards" :shock: :shock:
Thanks for the vid

Vansquish 11-18-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everso
all astons are pretty loud at full throttle ;)

i remember hearing a Vanquish roll by me in Detroit on a highway once....it sounded like a group of 1000 guerillas running past me.

Gorillas or Guerillas? I mean, they're both pretty loud, but if it's the latter I'd expect some exhaust crackle on the overrun...otherwise it won't sound like gunshots hehe.

I can't wait to see this car in person, the concept was gorgeous and the production car seems pretty faithful to the concept. The engine sounds wonderful and damn, 500bhp!? I'm a little skeptical of that number as if that's the case then it's going to be faster than both the DB9 and the Vanquish/Vanq. S, which means that it'll be a better deal by far. So....they better improve on the Vanq S, put a more powerful unit in the DB9 and theeeen start thinking about 500bhp in the AMV8.

blah 11-18-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Quote:

Originally Posted by everso
all astons are pretty loud at full throttle ;)

i remember hearing a Vanquish roll by me in Detroit on a highway once....it sounded like a group of 1000 guerillas running past me.

Gorillas or Guerillas? I mean, they're both pretty loud, but if it's the latter I'd expect some exhaust crackle on the overrun...otherwise it won't sound like gunshots hehe.

I can't wait to see this car in person, the concept was gorgeous and the production car seems pretty faithful to the concept. The engine sounds wonderful and damn, 500bhp!? I'm a little skeptical of that number as if that's the case then it's going to be faster than both the DB9 and the Vanquish/Vanq. S, which means that it'll be a better deal by far. So....they better improve on the Vanq S, put a more powerful unit in the DB9 and theeeen start thinking about 500bhp in the AMV8.

well they have to come strong for the market they are targeting. But imagine a 500 HP AMV8, a 550 HP DB9, and a 600 HP Vanquish ooo i think im getting a woody. :twisted:

yg60m 11-18-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komotar
Fuckin' A!!!

It sounds more like a TVR than an AM. :?

Great find. Thx!

Previous V8 Vantage were V8s too :wink:

aOp 11-18-2004 03:32 PM

That car is so cool!

mindgam3 11-18-2004 04:40 PM

i wouldnt be suprised if this is faster around the track than the db9 and vanquish - they're supposed to be GT's, this is supposed to be a sportscar.

BADMIHAI 11-18-2004 04:48 PM

Fucking A ! That sounds awesome! I hope they don't fuck it up with some sort of bullshit tranny, like they did with the Vanquish.

Vansquish 11-18-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Fucking A ! That sounds awesome! I hope they don't fuck it up with some sort of bullshit tranny, like they did with the Vanquish.

They won't, the ZF 6-speed auto, and manual transmission are going to be offered. I think the F1-style 'box might make an appearance later on though.

gobs3z 11-18-2004 08:34 PM

It sounds like a corvette C5R to me, and it looks great. Looks like it's going to be one hell of a car and hopefully they do make a 500hp R version.

blah 11-18-2004 09:29 PM

it does sound like an American V8. What engine is in this thing to begin with? Kinda reminded me of a Cobra R, or a 5.0 with Magnas.

DeMoN 11-19-2004 02:25 AM

dont know why, but there it doesnt look as pretty as other previouis pics!

Hope they havent changed anything... i liked the design of this more than the DB9

but after this pic, DB9 it is.