Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best every day sport car (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19727)

leo_26782 12-05-2004 09:44 AM

Best every day sport car

I know this question must have been asked around 1'000'000'000'000'000 times, but my low ability to find it in the old topics makes me ask it again.
I am really sorry if it is a repost!

Let's imagine someone offers you the car you want, pays fuel, insurances, but you have to pay for any modification, tyres and maintenance. After thanking him, which car would you choose :?:

To make the answer less easy, it would be your only car, that you would have to use for your daily movements, on bumpy roads, in traffic, to go shopping AND be able to bring something back in it (so forget about any supercar (enzo, CGT, SLR,...)).

I know I would like to choose a sport car, but I really don't know which one I would choose. Maybe a light one, or a Porsche, or a rally-derivated car (Impreza, Evo) with 4 wheel drive, to go skiing with it.

What about you?

TT 12-05-2004 09:46 AM

As always, almost impossible to answer and my answer would change daily, but if that marvellous friend would show up NOW, I guess I would take an FQ-400 EVO :D

RC45 12-05-2004 09:55 AM

I refuse to answer on the grounds I may already have chosen the perfect candidate for such duties - Z06 - and thereby will be viewed as biased... ;)

Then again I may as well tell you that I think a car that allows one to play taxi and drop a 6 year old off at school in the morning, go grocery shopping with room for 15 or 20 grocery bags at lunch time, travel 200 miles on business with average 28mpg fuel consumption, then maintain triple digit soeeds for the almost 2 hours trip home again and still leave you refreshed enough to have enjoyed each of those unique trips on the same day must pretty much fill any niche you need. :twisted:

Gumball0r 12-05-2004 10:31 AM

I Guess I would take the Rs4 or maybe Rs6 8)

dingo 12-05-2004 10:35 AM

The BMW E60 M5 would be a good choice....plenty of performance and room for kids/shopping. :D

Ford Capri 2.8i 12-05-2004 11:37 AM

Firstly i wouldnt go for a supercar or a GT car since those cars arent as practical as rest of the touring cars for going shopping, for traveling, for bringing the kids to the school.........therefore a rallying inspired car is a good option such as the Mitsu Evo VIII or the subaru Imprezza....I do prefer though, any sporty old school rear wheel drive sporty car such as the E55, the M5, the Jag XJ R-Type....and once the E55 is my favourite non GT or supercar nowadays...Id go for the E55

is64fun 12-05-2004 12:11 PM

mclaren if i could afford one. if it not possible then slk 55 amg

possessed_beaver 12-05-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT
As always, almost impossible to answer and my answer would change daily, but if that marvellous friend would show up NOW, I guess I would take an FQ-400 EVO :D

couldn't of chosen a better car...

that thing would be an absalute animal!!

HeilSvenska 12-05-2004 12:51 PM

I'd go for RS6. Not a sports car, but much more capable than a TT, no offence everso. HSV Coupe 4?

PeleProdigyGTO 12-05-2004 01:08 PM

Well it all depends on the price range I guess... If it was a lower price range I would go for an RX8 or GTO. the 8 has the freestyle doors so its practical with a decent trunk. And the GTO just has a decent trunk and huge backseats once youre in (it's a bitch gettin back there though.) Movin up I would go for RS6 or Audi A8 on the luxury side, and possibly a Porsche GT3 on the sports car side, it has a little back seat right :twisted:

Fleischmann 12-05-2004 01:15 PM

DB9. I'm 17 so kids aren't a problem. That's why I pick this comfortable and luxurious 4 seater. The suspension isn't bonecrunching like in supercars. IT's just a perfect GT car that can turn into a nimble sports car at the click of a finger (or the step of a foot :twisted: ). The only problem would be the fuel economy... V12's sure are thirsty :D

sentra_dude 12-05-2004 01:33 PM

996 turbo for me...

Looks great, has awesome handling and grip, has enough room to go shopping with, has a working a/c (big deal in New Orleans ;)) and if its some how not fast enough in stock form, a vibrant aftermarket. :twisted:

callen 12-05-2004 01:52 PM

I choose the 996 turbo as well. At my age, I dont need 4 door and a big hatch practicality, but it does snow like noones business up here, so i cant takea ferrari for everyday driving....the turbo is all wheel drive, practical, reasonable reliable, and fast as fucking hell! All I need room for is my gf, or in the event shes not in the car, a good friend. not enuf room for the groceries, and there is a passenger? thier lap will do just fine, im not picky 8)

OVERLORD_CHRIS 12-05-2004 02:06 PM

A 4x4 Lincoln Navigator, or a S600/S65. That way i get all the luxury stuff i'm used to now, and when it snows i can go play in it in 4x4 mode.
The Mercedes would be a perfect replacement for that becuase its heavy enuff to plow through snow, and hase more stuff then the Lincoln, but with that V-12 i could hall much ass!

RC45 12-05-2004 02:17 PM

Sports Car

When the hell did the E55 or the Lincoln Navigator or the S55 become sports cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVERLORD_CHRIS
That way i get all the luxury stuff i'm used to now

What sort of luxury are you used to now?