Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Scale Models (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My retirement from collecting scale models! Ermmm No! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34563)

sameerrao 02-08-2006 07:46 PM

My retirement from collecting scale models! Ermmm No!

I am buying a house currently and the money flowing into that sucker rivals the gushing flow from Niagara Falls.

In anticipation of my hard earned savings hitting rock bottom, I am henceforth declaring not to buy a scale model for a long, long time.

The sad part is the IXO La Storia Ferrari collection is just coming out with new models and I wonder if I can hold out much longer.

Sad day indeed!

Dani, TT and Momodels you are on your own now - I will not be playing catch-up with you boys anymore

Mr.Vercetti 02-08-2006 08:21 PM

You cant stop collecting models.. Maybe lowering your buying rates..Once you begin collecting there is no turning back... :mrgreen:

TransAm 02-08-2006 09:10 PM

Hey did you not only start collecting them recently, Sameer?

I collected 4 so far, ran out of space on the shelf so no more for me either!

sameerrao 02-08-2006 09:43 PM

Yeah temporary - I hope I can last a few months without buying one at least.

T/A - I started in June 04 and have accumulated about 110 models since :shock: .. shocking to note it is that many.

ZfrkS62 02-08-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Maybe lowering your buying rates
Yeah, Hot Wheels cars are only 2 or 3 bucks :D

I'm not all surprised by this, given the conversation last week :lol: I'm sure once everything settles down in a few months you'll find a little extra to spare for anotherone :wink:

sikx5 02-08-2006 09:57 PM

that is a massive accumulation there dude :shock:

Its going to be hard going cold turkey, are you allowed to limit it to 1 or 2 special models per month perhaps? :mrgreen:

sameerrao 02-08-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikx5
that is a massive accumulation there dude :shock:

Its going to be hard going cold turkey, are you allowed to limit it to 1 or 2 special models per month perhaps? :mrgreen:

Jesus! Quit tempting me back to the dark side you bastards! :lol:

The force is strong in me .. need to resist ... need to res ... need to... need ... Last night I caught myself browsing replicarz website - my susual haunt for diecasts - old habits die hard :)

Maybe 2 - 4 per quarter till I mentally recover from the wallet gangbang.

Wait .. you do get some money for selling body parts right? :)

ZfrkS62 02-08-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Wait .. you do get some money for selling body parts right?
well...you only need one kidney...

nthfinity 02-08-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Yeah temporary - I hope I can last a few months without buying one at least.

T/A - I started in June 04 and have accumulated about 110 models since :shock: .. shocking to note it is that many.

i started about the same time... but well, i only have about 25 or so... and i havent been able to buy any since august really... but damn... im sure you have more then enough to line your walls/showcase ;)

evoWalo 02-08-2006 10:37 PM

Build a smaller house that way you can still buy models. :)

DeMoN 02-08-2006 11:58 PM

How much have you spent more or less to date?

sameerrao 02-09-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeMoN

I shudder to think ... 110 * Avg $40 = $4400 is a conservative estimate as I have a few pricey Exotos. :shock: :lol: I can sell all these and buy a nice 50" Plasma :)

ZfrkS62 02-09-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I shudder to think ... 110 * Avg $40 = $4400 is a conservative estimate as I have a few pricey Exotos. :shock: :lol: I can sell all these and buy a nice 50" Plasma :)

hmmm...maybe we can do business, yes no? :D

sameerrao 02-09-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Quote:

Quote:

hmmm...maybe we can do business, yes no? :D

On the body parts or the cars? :lol:

Naah to both ... I won't sell my car collection unless it is a real necessity - remote possibility of that happening. I like it too much for that. :)

I just need to divert my future cash flow to more practical home related stuff such as refridgerators, washer/dryers, gas grills and such stuff. As I settle into the home there will undoubtedly be more such things that will crop up.

But I will buy the Jean Alesi LaStoria Ferrari F93 though. :)

On a more positive note, I am also buying some nice toys for the house (on the electronic side) - will post pictures of the same when the dust settles down. A pool table might find its way home too in a few weeks if I play my cards right. :)

Zot09 02-09-2006 03:32 AM

Congratulations on your purchase of a house, I know that is a big moment in everyones life.