Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lamborghini (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   when did you see your first Lambo? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17147)

ZfrkS62 10-10-2004 04:13 PM

when did you see your first Lambo?

I saw my first when i was 12 or 13 and just getting into cars. I don't remember what model it was.. i THINK it was a countach...might have been a Diablo. we were traveling on I-5 near Fort Lewis and it went scooting by 2 lanes over doing about 85-90. I watched it as long as i could before it disappeared from view.

I haven't been the same since :D

666fast 10-10-2004 05:06 PM

I was about 12, not entirely sure how old I was. It was at my uncles house, his neighbor has a Countach but always spends winter in Arizona. So my uncle keeps it safe in his garage for him.

SPEEDKILLAR 10-10-2004 05:09 PM

I was about seven,on the highway with my dad, damn it schocked, I didn't know the name or what it was, but it looked different fom the rest, it had a silverpurple colour.

abbor 10-10-2004 05:10 PM

I never even seen a Lambo: :(

ZfrkS62 10-10-2004 05:12 PM

keep your eyes peeled abbor, one will roll through your field of vision soon enough :D

vexor 10-10-2004 05:17 PM

First Lambo that I saw with my own eyes was when I was 15, my dad and I were looking for a parking spot at a local Starbucks and there it was in between two sedans, a red Lamborghini Diablo.

ZfrkS62 10-10-2004 05:24 PM

lol..reminds me of the line in gone in 60 seconds about the three ferraris in front of the local starbucks :lol:

T-Bird 10-10-2004 06:14 PM

I don't remember how old I was but I know I was pretty young and we went to the dealership when they first opened.

No.1 10-10-2004 06:17 PM

A purple Countach (with the massive wing) blasting out of my school gates when i was about 10 8)

[EDIT] I hope this doesn't turn out to be a pics or STFU topic :wink:

ZfrkS62 10-10-2004 06:19 PM

lol.. seeing as how digital cameras weren't out yet when most of us saw our first lambos...i think we can let it slide :wink:

mrzonda 10-10-2004 08:01 PM

I saw two replica Lambos before I saw a real one. The two fakes were a red Countach with a Chevy small block, the other was a white replica diablo (I think this one was fake because the condition of the body was horrible, it had a cracked front splitter and a NASCAR sticker on it).

The real one though, was in a showroom. It was an early read Diablo, no rear wing. I don't think I'd ever seen rear tires that big in my life. :D

Chaos in 1983! 10-10-2004 08:18 PM

I might have seen a countach when I was like 8 in Sweden...but that doesn't count since I can't really remember....

The first and only Lambo I've seen is a yellow Diablo blasting down a street in Rome, absolutely amazing, it was at night while walking around, I heard the thing from a distance and started to look around, and then BANG it rushed past the street...oh man what a sound...it was just a few seconds but man what a car!...it didn't even look real...so alien to the street...wow...sadly I couldn't take a pic of it...this was two years ago...

SilviaEvo 10-10-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

I never even seen a Lambo:
i've never seen a Lambo either :cry: but ive seen a few Ferrari's which makes it all better :D

sameerrao 10-10-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
I was about 12, not entirely sure how old I was. It was at my uncles house, his neighbor has a Countach but always spends winter in Arizona. So my uncle keeps it safe in his garage for him.

Were there Lambos back then .... Oops sorry about that ....I was going by the Papa Hemingway look mountain man in your avatar and didnt see oyur age :P

Anyway my first sighting was in the mid-80s in the Middle East - It was a Countach LP400S

nurbrun 10-10-2004 11:12 PM

i was like ten and me and my dad were going to a hockey game. parked in this hotel was a white diablo. when the guy got out a knew it was a lambo because ive never seen doors like that.i remember asking my dad "why is his wife some much younger then he is...."