Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Z06, dear lord.....very sad (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12527)

JiggaStyles09 07-06-2004 09:27 PM

Z06, dear lord.....very sad

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/z06.JPG

some ppl......just shouldnt be allowed to own cars like that.

SFDMALEX 07-06-2004 09:44 PM

Maybe he just came back from a track day? Since the rest of the car doesnt look riced out

oscargarza88 07-06-2004 10:04 PM

^^ i really dont think so...
man thats sad... :x

JiggaStyles09 07-06-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Maybe he just came back from a track day? Since the rest of the car doesnt look riced out
i actaully thought about this too, but i doubt it. just seems more likely the person had bad taste but i could be wrong.

Tomerville 07-06-2004 10:19 PM

the question is why?

5vz-fe 07-07-2004 12:42 AM

At an intersection of certain state, certain city.....a ricer civic and a z06 came to a stop at the traffic light

Ricer Civic: "Hey yo, is that the corvette? that's like almost as fast as my souped up civic rite?"
Corvette: "umm....yeah....I think urs might be a little faster with NOS"
Ricer Civic: "Yeah, but just a bit....how about a race with sidebet"
Corvette: "What's in ur mind"
Ricer Civic: "umm....well, I kinda spend all my money on my car stickers....so if u don't mind I would like to bet my aerodynamically efficient rear wing"
Corvette: "Sure.......I could use a wing :roll: "

Lights turn green.......................we all know what happen.......
Ricer Civic: "There you go dawg....ur car is fast man, I can't even see ur tail lights even I put a type R sticker at my side......shiet.....<handing over the wing>, but I think ur car is missing some torque tho, it didn't even spin the wheels when we start"
Corvette Driver: "Yeah man, I forgot I was starting in 3rd. Just learning how to drive this thing. Wait ...shiet....I don't have enough trunk space to put ur wing...ah what the hell, I will just screw it on as a trophy"

coloradosilver 07-07-2004 01:12 AM

What an asshole.

Garretts_turbo 07-07-2004 01:13 PM

<<Grimace>>.... :x :x :x
thats pretty bad :? :? :?

RC45 07-07-2004 01:53 PM

Far from the worst that has been seen though. The truth be known, that is one of the few cars that can actually get benefit from such a wing... so at least it not "rice" by definition - right?

"rice" mods provide NO performance enhancement, and we know that a 400-odd HP rear wheel drive car can actually make use of such a wing.

Now is it appropriate? No.

:)

fabro_s 07-07-2004 02:06 PM

Hhahahahah a riced Corvette, people are nuts righ now!!! :lol: :lol:

hemi_fan 07-07-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
At an intersection of certain state, certain city.....a ricer civic and a z06 came to a stop at the traffic light

Ricer Civic: "Hey yo, is that the corvette? that's like almost as fast as my souped up civic rite?"
Corvette: "umm....yeah....I think urs might be a little faster with NOS"
Ricer Civic: "Yeah, but just a bit....how about a race with sidebet"
Corvette: "What's in ur mind"
Ricer Civic: "umm....well, I kinda spend all my money on my car stickers....so if u don't mind I would like to bet my aerodynamically efficient rear wing"
Corvette: "Sure.......I could use a wing :roll: "

Lights turn green.......................we all know what happen.......
Ricer Civic: "There you go dawg....ur car is fast man, I can't even see ur tail lights even I put a type R sticker at my side......shiet.....<handing over the wing>, but I think ur car is missing some torque tho, it didn't even spin the wheels when we start"
Corvette Driver: "Yeah man, I forgot I was starting in 3rd. Just learning how to drive this thing. Wait ...shiet....I don't have enough trunk space to put ur wing...ah what the hell, I will just screw it on as a trophy"

lol, thats about the best explanation yet...

nthfinity 07-07-2004 06:56 PM

well, since he has all the extra downforce (likely to have more drag then downforce) perhaps his excellent high speed handling charactaristics are ruined by having severe understeer at speed as opposed to mild understeer... thereby upsetting the delecate balance of such a wonderful vehicle... but i doubt he'd notice that...

RC45 07-07-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
well, since he has all the extra downforce (likely to have more drag then downforce) perhaps his excellent high speed handling charactaristics are ruined by having severe understeer at speed as opposed to mild understeer... thereby upsetting the delecate balance of such a wonderful vehicle... but i doubt he'd notice that...

Well - with the Z, you can call on some off-throttle oversteer to balance everything out... ;)

The predictable nature of the oversteer off the throttle is what makes the car such a pleasure throw around.. :P

TransAm 08-06-2004 11:04 AM

Re: Z06, dear lord.....very sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/052004/z06.JPG

some ppl......just shouldnt be allowed to own cars like that.

in a word - w@nker (assuming the Z06 owner hasnt done it to take the piss out of ricers)

Skaala 09-14-2004 08:48 AM

the cheverolet founder would twist in his grave