Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   What You Saw Today (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   RULES FOR THIS SECTION (UPDATED JUL 27) (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8374)

Jabba 04-02-2004 03:04 PM

Rules For This Section (updated Jul 27)

1) Keep the thread titles simple and straight forward and at least include the date if taken on a previous occasion.

2) Make sure the pictures work between image tags (use the preview option)....I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND AN HOUR TRYING TO GET A RED X TO DISPLAY

3) No BULLSHITTING either they are your photos ar say goodbye.

4) Feel free to PM your suggestions to me.

Update by TT

5) If you don't have pics, don't post here

6) If you can't understand the rules, don't open a topic

7) Do not post pictures wider than 800 pixels, especially if you have many of them! We like high-res of course, and there is a very easy way to post high-res withouth posting them all directly in the topic.. and that's

http://www.imageshack.us/

You just go there (I suggest you also to register, to keep track of your pics), you upload your pics (yes once at a time) and then post them with the thumbnail code (as suggested by them too)... this is one of their thumbnail, VERY handy:

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/1595/Ferra...dale267.th.jpg

NEVER POST DIRECT LINK TO PICS HOSTED ON IMAGESHACK'S SERVER: NOT EVEN IF IT'S 800 OR SMALLER: ONLY THUMBS FROM IMAGESHACK

Other options are

MotorWorld's Automotive Gallery!
www.imagevenue.com

Of course you are free to create bigger thumbnails that link to the original size if you host the pics somewhere (and if they are on JW, you automatically get a 600x450 thumb in the galleries).

8 ) No teaser topics please. If you had a brillant photoshoot or attended a great event but just have the time to edit one or two pics, avoid posting them saying "the rest will follow". We know how exciting it is to tell ppl asap, but let's try to resist.
We won't fix a min pictues # requirement to open a topic: if you just got a single picture to share there is no prob. The difference is quite obvious

novass 04-02-2004 08:16 PM

Quick question. Does this section only pertain to car pics? One of the reasons I love JW is that we have so many people from all over the world and I think it would be nice to see some shots of just the scenery and possibly some of the local ladies (just dont blame me when you get slapped for tryin to photo some chicks ass)

Anyway, just a thought.

TT 04-02-2004 08:20 PM

LOL well, of course we were thinking about a car sighting section, but since opening another one for other kind of sightings, maybe we could accept even sceneries and such :D at least for a start.. of course if there will be many non-car related topics we could consider something different :D

Jabba 04-03-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novass
One of the reasons I love JW is that we have so many people from all over the world and I think it would be nice to see some shots of just the scenery and possibly some of the local ladies.

Yes that is what I want more than anything....when can we expect some local scenery shots from you then novass..???

novass 04-03-2004 08:20 PM

Ive got a few shots mostly of the beach and a sunset. Ill post them up in a minute. I always have my camera with me now so ill be on the lookout for more stuff to photo. :D

TT 04-03-2004 08:21 PM

Oh so now I should find pics of my "dream place" in the woods in the hills behind the city.. where I go when I need to breath and relax :D

Jabba 04-03-2004 08:21 PM

Cool looking forward to them....I could grab some pictures of the moon if it wasnt so damn cloudy here.

gis 04-03-2004 08:39 PM

just looked for the moon here and no luck either.dam clouds :twisted:

TT 04-03-2004 08:40 PM

LOL I bet both of you could shot some nice locations... and a little closer than the moon :D

Jabba 04-03-2004 08:41 PM

I am quite limited as its 1:43 am here right now.

gis 04-03-2004 08:50 PM

LOL indeed it is late now.hope its better weather 2morrow see if i can get some good pics

TT 04-03-2004 08:51 PM

LOL okok I just checked and I can see a pretty fucking big and white moon from here :P almost full... or 100% full?

gis 04-03-2004 08:56 PM

lol,i havent got a clue what shape the moon is in now.not been able to see it for a couple nights,lol :lol:

Erez 04-30-2004 03:26 PM

can we add another rule? :roll: like about the res :roll: 1024 or 800 minimum.. please :)

TT 04-30-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erez_Avital
can we add another rule? :roll: like about the res :roll: 1024 or 800 minimum.. please :)

Actually I wanted to ask for 800x600 or less. or at least use a resized pic to link to the high-res one as I do sometimes ;)

But definitely, useless to post 2500 pix wide pics since anyway they won't fit on out screen ;)