Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whats the fastest or craziest thing you ever did in a car? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73)

hyspeed 06-10-2003 03:12 AM

Whats the fastest or craziest thing you ever did in a car?

I wonder if you guys ever raced acrossed red lights and stop signs?

Many years ago when i was still very young and very stupid of cos. The idea behind it was to see who was the bravest, kinda like racing to the edge of a cliff......it was quite popular for awhile for some of the wildest street racers...the race was always held in the wee hours of the morning and we chose a stretch of road or any street with lots of junctions (usually about 5 or 6 lights in between)......luckily nobody (in my group) was injured or killed.

Now thinking back..i dont think any other form of street racing ever comes close to that kind of excitment it provided. I guess all racers came out a winner sort of.

jpm_f1 06-10-2003 06:00 AM

taking out fast cars on german autobahn is our adrenaline kick.... :twisted:

stracing 06-10-2003 06:07 AM

i've done that
raced from one town to another, i say there was 250km in between.

seriously you don't need a fast car, you just need to be brave

jpm_f1 06-10-2003 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stracing
seriously you don't need a fast car, you just need to be brave

thats for sure man, but out task is to reach 150+mph or the magic 185+mph. for that you needn`t to be brave you have to be simply stupid. even in germany there are less and less parts of the autobahn where you are allowed to speed as much as you can.
my father`d kill me when he gets a ticket of that speed :wink:

nlzmo400r 06-10-2003 11:10 AM

fastest ive ever got mine up to is 12o (governed), and also, whats the fastest you've got those porsches' up to .or are they ur fathers, i hear porches have insane top end

jpm_f1 06-10-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlzmo400r
whats the fastest you've got those porsches' up to .or are they ur fathers, i hear porches have insane top end

yes they are my fathers, but i can take em out whenever i want to ( thx dad i appreciate this!!! :D ) the fastest i got was 188mph GPS measured in the 996TT. the digi-speedometer showed 193mph but there are more people who say that sometimes the digital speedometer is a bit wrong.
of course we had to travel to germany ( A555 ) to do this, because here in austria it`s nearly impossible to reach 160+

driving home from germany last weekend :
http://members.aon.at/jpm_f1/31.JPG

gis 06-10-2003 11:41 AM

:shock: thats good man,is the 996 stock

have u anymore pics of you gettin top speeds outta your dads cars

jpm_f1 06-10-2003 11:51 AM

yes it`s stock, he`s thought of buying the X50 package but it`s not really worth the money. maybe i`ll post some pics of speeding in summer, but it`s a bit difficult to do that, because we always drive alone on high speed runs. we`ve agreed not to take any other persons out because when someone has an accident there are no innocent injured or fatalities.
i think thats very important!!! so taking pics at 180mph is a bit tricky and to be serious i`m afraid of it, because these are my dad`s cars and when something goes wrong for a silly picture...but i`ll try this summer when we hit the autobahn again for a couple of days.

gis 06-10-2003 03:54 PM

you got that right,i wouldnt do 180 in a car with another person in,unless they totally begged me and i told them if u come in its at your own risk.

i didnt even think the 996 could do 180+,i thought its top speed was like 176mph.

lots of people have said the x50 package isnt really worth the money

666fast 06-10-2003 04:05 PM

Fastest was 160mph in a Porsche

Craziest thing, is taking my friends truck off of a large jump.

Johns 06-10-2003 04:06 PM

jpm,
thats sick! too bad I cant do that around here. BTW, tell your dad to sell the TT and buy a GT2, then u can take that badboy to 206mph :twisted:

SFDMALEX 06-10-2003 04:32 PM

I havent really done anythig crazy in a car my self. The fastest Ive been was around 250kph in a Merc 600. Back home in Ukraine we dont have no speed limits on some highways, you can reach sick speeds there sins sometimes the highways are extremly long stretches of stragiht road.

PaulGT2164 06-11-2003 12:30 AM

hrmm the fastest i have been is 189 on a suzuki haybusa 1300r
173 in a mitsubishi VR-4 Spyder
i have been 145 in an Audi S4
137 in my celica
140 in a galant
160 on a BMW 1200-RS motorcycle

i had a friend once cutting doughnuts in a mercury cougar (the older rwd kind) and his back end slid around and jumped a series of small sets and set the ass of the car in a 3 foot deep fountain, i bet the people who went to work that morning wondered why their fountain look like it had been raped by godzilla

novass 06-11-2003 01:03 AM

This is a big list for me. My friends and I have on a couple occasions taken some beaters out to the desert and went offroading in them. Theres a bunch of shit out there like couches, old cars, furniture that people just dump and we drive around crashing into all that and each other sometimes....its a lot of fun.

I have been in quite a few real fast cars with other people driving. The fastest I have ever driven a car was a '87 Ferrari Mondial. I got that car up to the 160-165 range in Palm Springs.

But I would have to say the craziest thing I have ever done was drive my friends '69 Camaro, which he runs in the mid 8's, but I was kind of a pussy and only managed a 9.51@156. The scariest thing was when the light went green and i hammered the gas the front end picked up and all I saw was sky. I had seen him do wheelies in the car before but I still wasnt expecting it.

This is the Camaro: 355 small block Chevy (No nitrous, No boost, No alcohol) the heads were Brodix stage 4 or some shit, he knew the guys so they were doin some custom work for him, ended up with 22:1 compression!! Best ET was 8.2 on 10.5in slicks.

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/217...91918387_v.jpg

noosee 06-11-2003 03:36 AM

Passing several Red lights with speed of 230 km/h in town with 60 km/h speed limit. With BMW M3.
My car doesnt go faster than 270 KM/H so 270 is the fastest so far for me.