Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Motorsport News And Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Montoya to NASCAR?!?! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39192)

ingko 07-09-2006 11:48 AM

Montoya to NASCAR?!?!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/28230/

Well, looks like I'll have to learn NASCAR rules and regs now that my favorite driver is in it. Now I'll have one less reason to wake up at 7am on a Sunday to watch an F1 race. This is quite a shocker, I would have thought that the old racers like good but not good enough coulthard, ralf schumacher, trulli, and the others who just stagnate would be out of a seat.

nthfinity 07-09-2006 11:59 AM

still wont watch nascar ;)

i bet Juan Pablo is in it for the money; and i bet the lap times will fall a wee bit

nickthaskater 07-09-2006 12:15 PM

I doubt he's in it for the money, since Williams offered him a ride and I'm guessing that probably paid more than a selectively run NASCAR seat.

Should be interesting though, he's certainly got the aggressiveness to duke it out haha.

sameerrao 07-09-2006 12:38 PM

I think he will fit in like a glove ... I guess I will have to tune in once in a while to see the beautiful Connie Montoya

SFDMALEX 07-09-2006 01:31 PM

ahahah well the best for the sport of F1.

dutchmasterflex 07-09-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
I doubt he's in it for the money, since Williams offered him a ride and I'm guessing that probably paid more than a selectively run NASCAR seat.

NASCAR is the most profitable form of motorsport, in the world. He is definitely getting more money racing in NASCAR. That's where the money is at in racing..

black_magician 07-09-2006 01:56 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :wanker: :roflmao: :lol:

nickthaskater 07-09-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Quote:

NASCAR is the most profitable form of motorsport, in the world. He is definitely getting more money racing in NASCAR. That's where the money is at in racing..

Yet Schumacher continues to pull in eighty-some odd million a year, while Jeff Gordon makes around twenty-five million (somewhere around there anyways).

RC45 07-09-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Quote:

Yet Schumacher continues to pull in eighty-some odd million a year, while Jeff Gordon makes around twenty-five million (somewhere around there anyways).

Exactly - and the next guy down the list makes about $10 million - right?

Thats the problem wiht F1 - the HUGE difference in earnings of the drivers.

NASCAR drivers have salaries and contingency income. Even a NASCAR rookie earns about $400,000 a year.

Thats not counting the fact that a win at Daytona for example carries a Million Dollar purse.

The F1 team owners, Bernie and Max may make the big money, but not all the drivers.

nickthaskater 07-09-2006 02:17 PM

There may be huge gaps, but even the third drivers are making good money, with a top driver like De La Rosa raking in around $9 million

At the lowest of the low, the drivers still make around $400,000

dutchmasterflex 07-09-2006 02:33 PM

F1 has more problems than dealing with their drivers paychecks... If only they got their heads out of their asses..

RC45 07-09-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

There may be huge gaps, but even the third drivers are making good money, with a top driver like De La Rosa raking in around $9 million

At the lowest of the low, the drivers still make around $400,000

Which again goes to support the fact that NASCAR drivers on average make more money than F1 drivers

The privateer that comes in LAST place at a NASCAR fixture even gets paid a contingency fee of about $40,000.

NASCAR races about 40 times a year.. how many F1 races do they run again?

nickthaskater 07-09-2006 02:53 PM

How does that prove on average? I gave an example of the bottom of the barrel salary and suddenly that proves something?

http://i6.tinypic.com/1zf751j.jpg

edit:

A semi-accurate average F1 salary would be around 2 million, as of around 3 years ago anyways, and drivers are making more than ever nowadays so you could probably bump that up a bit, especially with Kimi and Fernando making a hell of a lot more next year than they are now.

SFDMALEX 07-09-2006 02:56 PM

Fuck Nascar.

And Monotoya can fuck off right to it.

And no shit they make good money, they have tons of retarted rednecks watching the sport for reasons that are beyond me. I mean the crowd there doesnt even what makes the cars go but yet they watch it.

RC45 07-09-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

How does that prove on average? I gave an example of the bottom of the barrel salary and suddenly that proves something?

http://i6.tinypic.com/1zf751j.jpg

I have told you before... I don't post or suggest bullshit. Here is an example of the type of data that is out there - if you bothered to look for it. It may be older data but all indications are the same salary spread is true.

http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...nfs/budget.htm

Read em and weep.

Quote:

Formula 1 Drivers Salaries
An enormous gap exists between the top paid and the second, third and fourth highest paid drivers with Michael Schumacher's basic salary at Ј19.1 million compared to BAR driver, Jacques Villeneuve's, Mika Hakkinen's and Eddie Irvine's Ј6.3 million.

The top six is rounded off with Ralf Schumacher on Ј3.8 million followed by Rubens Barrichello in sixth place earning Ј3.5 million.

The rest of the drivers salaries are as follows:

Giancarlo Fisichella Ј2.5 million
Heinz-Harald Frentzen Ј2.2 million
Jarno Trulli Ј2.0 million
Jean Alesi Ј1.9 million
David Coulthard Ј1.7 million
Ricardo Zonta Ј1.7million
Mika Salo Ј1.5 million
Alex Wurz Ј956,000
Johnny Herbert Ј796,000
Nick Heidfeld Ј637,000
Jenson Button Ј191,000
Jos Verstappen Ј159,000
Marc Gene Nil
Gaston Mazzcane Ј1.2 million
Pedro Diniz Ј5.0 million
Pedro de la Rosa Ј5.0 million

On average, F1 drivers are underpaid in relation to other drivers.

You are just angry because you hate NASCAR, and it turns out to be more of a money maker than your precious F1. ;)

For the record I dislike both racing series :P