Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anyone else sick of these Mac commercials? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38872)

ZfrkS62 06-28-2006 11:11 PM

Anyone else sick of these Mac commercials?

(might belong in G Chat, but i figured it would get moved here since it's about computers)

I think most people in the States know what i'm talking about. the PC vs Mac commercials with those two morons just standing there arguing. It was amusing the first time but now it's just fucking annoying :?

nickthaskater 06-28-2006 11:18 PM

I don't mind them at all really, they're some of the better commercials out there.

5vz-fe 06-28-2006 11:23 PM

It's almost like a SUV commercial comparing itself with a midsize sedan. It's just "apples" and...well..."PC" LOL

vexor 06-29-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Anyone else sick of these Mac commercials?
I want to shoot them both

Toronto 06-29-2006 01:34 AM

fat balding guy (pc) vs. cool hip guy (apple)
http://www.apple.com/getamac/

DeMoN 06-29-2006 03:25 AM

First ones were OK, but now, its outta control.

dutchmasterflex 06-29-2006 09:53 AM

Haven't seen it.. I find myself watchin less and less "regular" tv.

I do hate all apple commercials though.. and have for some time

Minacious 06-29-2006 04:31 PM

The fact that this is the best Apple can do always makes me chuckle.

SFDMALEX 06-29-2006 06:54 PM

Cant fucking stand em...one of the reasons I rarely turn on the tv now.

nickthaskater 06-29-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minacious

Well they must be doing something right considering Vista basically makes your PC a rebadged Mac.

RC45 06-29-2006 08:58 PM

just like the mac and all its software, they suck.

Hate them with every fibre of my being.

Minacious 06-29-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minacious

Well they must be doing something right considering Vista basically makes your PC a rebadged Mac.

I chuckle even more when Mac users think this means anything at all. I don't give a damn about Windows as an operating system. That just so happens to be the OS that I install on my machines. What I care about is the expandability of PCs over Macs (I build and constantly upgrade my machines). What I care about is that my PC isn’t designed to be cute. What I care about is the broader horizon of the programs and games I can use on my PC. Et cetera, et cetera. Believe it or not, I have crashed Macs when rendering 3d scenes far more than any PC I have used in the field. I bring that up because Mac users like to throw the whole crashing thing in PC users face. A properly maintained PC never has these issues.

RC45 06-29-2006 09:06 PM

^^^ werd...

and not only that, but all the mac "design" software is far clunkier to use than the dedicate dPC ones.

Sadly all the Adobe ports to PC suffer from the same stupid mac special keys problems.

The lack of a second or third mouse button on the mac has for years meant you have to do a 5 special key combo to accomplish right-clickable tasks in framemaker, [agemaker, photoshopr (in the early days) and premiere among other apps.

This is the part I especially hate about doing any DTP, layout, art or video work with ported-from-mac software.

ae86_16v 06-29-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45

Why do you hate them?

RC45 06-29-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Quote:

Why do you hate them?

Quote:

and not only that, but all the mac "design" software is far clunkier to use than the dedicate dPC ones.

Sadly all the Adobe ports to PC suffer from the same stupid mac special keys problems.

The lack of a second or third mouse button on the mac has for years meant you have to do a 5 special key combo to accomplish right-clickable tasks in framemaker, Pagemaker, photoshop (in the early days) and premiere among other apps.

This is the part I especially hate about doing any DTP, layout, art or video work with ported-from-mac software.

From above.

The mac is not easier, faster or better to use for DTP and layout work.

They are overpriced crap - they sell to the poofta coffe shop brigade :P