Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Jeremy Clarkson can't drive! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44371)

Mattk 01-21-2007 08:31 AM

Yeah, his job description just requires him to know what he's doing, not be quick at it.

gis 01-21-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Originally Posted by gis
to be honest if i drove like him and got paid the money he does..........i coudlnt give a shit :D

Pretty much sums it up ;) -- because unlike a race driver he doesn't need to improve his driving 1 iota to keep raking in the money :P

lol i guess so.i dont think he is a BAD driver,i think he knows the whole concept of driving,whether it be on a country/public road or a race track,just as you saw on the episode were he was a laguna seca........he had t concentrate a bit more to drive on a track,but he was by no means crap or a bad driver :D

Pokiou 02-21-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Jeremy Clarkson can't drive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
So in my talks with Kip Ewing (SVT Engineer, designer), I found out that all external shots of the Ford GT when it was at the TG test track driving were with a Ford factory driver driving, not Jeremy Clarkson... all internal shots were post production to make it look like he was the driver.

Go figure, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case with most of the cars he drives ;)

Can you drive a gt40 ?? or a Ferrari ? or i dont know lets say anything worth over 150.000 dollars ?? man I have never seen or have read so much shit in my life.... so your gonna say next that with all the power slides he does of him driving with him in the driver seat is all CGI ??? and that George Lucas is filming the show ???

man you have not reliable source just brain fart theories and some china mans whisper.!!!

Pok

nthfinity 02-21-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Jeremy Clarkson can't drive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou

Can you drive a gt40 ?? or a Ferrari ?

Yes (Ford GT... have only sat in a RHD GT40, the new one isn't called "GT40." I have driven 2 Ford GT's.

and yes after the snow melts, and the salt is washed away.
Quote:

or i dont know lets say anything worth over 150.000 dollars ??
maybe 1.2 million dollares already?
Quote:

man I have never seen or have read so much shit in my life.... so your gonna say next that with all the power slides he does of him driving with him in the driver seat is all CGI ??? and that George Lucas is filming the show ???
I said He wasn't driving the Ford GT in the external shots. Jeremy self admittedly isn't the best driver, and isn't a stunt driver by any means.

Quote:

man you have not reliable source just brain fart theories and some china mans whisper.!!!

Pok
Considering Both Kip, and Jamal were at the Bedford track when it happend, and those guys both have more credibility in thier pinkies then Jeremy's entire persona does. I don't see Jeremy designing, and engineering cars... super cars from the ground up... do you?

nthfinity 08-15-2011 03:20 PM

http://jalopnik.com/5830946/jeremy-c...his-own-stunts

I told you so ;)

enzoferrari 08-16-2011 10:16 PM

JC is funny, entertaining, fun, and for some of you he is a god, but he is not a great driver at all, any good drivers with basic skills and some help of a pro can slide a car and drive fast in a race track, Ive seen a lot of new drivers sliding in the corners of a race track their first time, drifting a car or power sliding is not so hard, yes you need control but its not a mission.

pitfield 08-17-2011 09:52 AM

The Daily Mail said so, must be true.

SHIZL 08-17-2011 02:32 PM

i wouldn't doubt it. but i wonder how much of it is due to insurance?

pitfield 08-17-2011 02:56 PM

according to Colin Goodwin JC is one of the handiest journalists he has seen behind the wheel.

nthfinity 08-17-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitfield (Post 877849)
according to Colin Goodwin JC is one of the handiest journalists he has seen behind the wheel.

That may be so. However, the fact remains that my friends told me he wasn't behind the wheel during the FGT review, and this new article largely states the same thing happens in most reviews. Handy or not, he's not the driving wild-man in the footage ;)

RC45 08-20-2011 03:44 PM

JC is a clumsy handed gollywog hairdo hasbeen loudmouth.

And his driving is no better... :lol:.

I again will maintain that many trackday regulars would run circles around that bloated buffoon.

:)

enzoferrari 08-20-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

I again will maintain that many trackday regulars would run circles around that bloated buffoon
+ 1...

pitfield 08-21-2011 01:34 PM

Come on, he invented the new top gear, he's ace!

nthfinity 08-21-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitfield (Post 877874)
Come on, he invented the new top gear, he's ace!

Top Gear's best season was 2004; it's been challenges that don't really do much for me TBH. New format re-invented itself into silly challenges; and while I think he was ace for bringing it back... and still is the best automotive show on TV; I can't say I'm willing to fawn over him :)

pitfield 08-23-2011 05:05 PM

I don't exactly stroke one off over him either mate, but he's not to be slated.