Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wow long time no see!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62418)

corvette97 07-14-2010 02:30 AM

Wow long time no see!!

Wow, today i remembered about this site! My first forum experience site!

Probably none will remember me, thats fine ;-) i was a little obnoxious boy hehe

i joined on 2003, its been almost 7 years, i was 16 back then :laugh:.

What happened to TT, he hasnt logged since 2008 but he still running SCS.com... how about Jabba? does he have the lambo and ferrari?? :-)

I'm almost done with my STi, a lot of changes have been made, i love it!

I still see some familiar faces, RC45 wich i guess still fights with EVERSO? :laugh: also Nthfinity is familiar...

Well just wanted to say Hi to all the JW.com original members!

Bye! :mrgreen:

ps. yes my english still sucks! :-P

MidEngine4Life 07-14-2010 03:09 AM

Yea I dunno what happened to TT. Wish he was still around

RC45 07-14-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 875400)
Wow, today i remembered about this site! My first forum experience site!

Probably none will remember me, thats fine ;-) i was a little obnoxious boy hehe

i joined on 2003, its been almost 7 years, i was 16 back then :laugh:.

What happened to TT, he hasnt logged since 2008 but he still running SCS.com... how about Jabba? does he have the lambo and ferrari?? :-)

I'm almost done with my STi, a lot of changes have been made, i love it!

I still see some familiar faces, RC45 wich i guess still fights with EVERSO? :laugh: also Nthfinity is familiar...

Well just wanted to say Hi to all the JW.com original members!

Bye! :mrgreen:

ps. yes my english still sucks! :-P

I believe everso is serving time in GITMO...

How is Central America treating you?

gucom 07-14-2010 11:36 AM

lol that's awesome, on my first visit in ages I see another old-timer from the JW days :P I do have some vague recollections of you, especially after I looked up your old posts :)

TT isn't active here anymore, everso I think was banned a long time ago, his old posts disappeared as well. Nth and RC45 still going strong :)

davide 07-14-2010 11:56 AM

hello there :)

nthfinity 07-14-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gucom (Post 875404)
lol that's awesome, on my first visit in ages I see another old-timer from the JW days :P I do have some vague recollections of you, especially after I looked up your old posts :)

TT isn't active here anymore, everso I think was banned a long time ago, his old posts disappeared as well. Nth and RC45 still going strong :)

It seems lately a few old names have resurfaced. As little activity as we see, it is amazing how many old members log on regularly :)

Many people just don't have as much time for posting. Life changes. For a while the "class of late 2003, early 2004" was quite active :) Those were good times.

Minacious 07-14-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 875407)
Those were good times.

Indeed they were.

I'm hurt that corvette doesn't remember me. :-( :laugh:

gucom 07-14-2010 07:34 PM

I'd give you a hugging smiley if there was one ;-)

corvette97 07-14-2010 08:49 PM

I remember all of you guys!! all the screen names are VERY familiar! good times! Minacious, you have/had a bike right?

I remeber getting on the DL group! and then later that year i got a "dl group purge" PM :crying::laugh:

I havent downloaded any video since that day :laugh: of course, now with youtube, what else can you ask for?! :twisted:

I learned a great deal here, from behaving myself in the interwebz :laugh: to all about photography, cars etc.

Its nice to be back!

:-)

Minacious 07-14-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 875416)
Minacious, you have/had a bike right?

Yes, my young friend, I certainly did. :-D

nthfinity 07-14-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 875416)
I remember all of you guys!! all the screen names are VERY familiar! good times! Minacious, you have/had a bike right?

I remeber getting on the DL group! and then later that year i got a "dl group purge" PM :crying::laugh:

I havent downloaded any video since that day :laugh: of course, now with youtube, what else can you ask for?! :twisted:

I learned a great deal here, from behaving myself in the interwebz :laugh: to all about photography, cars etc.

Its nice to be back!

:-)

Does that mean you have a camera now?? How about some pictures of your STi??

Corvette97, I'll send you a PM... not exactly rocket science... but a lot has changed to the old jabbasworld... kinda like an A group and B group you could say.

Vansquish 07-17-2010 08:30 PM

Welcome back! There are definitely a few of us old-timers still around, but unfortunately, JW/MW just isn't quite the same as it used to be. I still check in on an almost daily basis though.

What all have you done to your STi? I just bought my first "real" car last September and have slowly been modifying it as well. At the moment, I'm making about 300 bhp and 320lb/ft from my little 2.3L turbo 4. It's plenty quick enough for me hehe.

RC45 07-18-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish (Post 875461)
Welcome back! There are definitely a few of us old-timers still around, but unfortunately, JW/MW just isn't quite the same as it used to be. I still check in on an almost daily basis though.

I think there are many of us that do, but dont bother posting because no-one replies.

And when no-one replies to the many single post threads it makes it seem more like a TwitterBookFacenator thing than a webforum.

:lol:

corvette97 07-18-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish (Post 875461)

What all have you done to your STi? I just bought my first "real" car last September and have slowly been modifying it as well. At the moment, I'm making about 300 bhp and 320lb/ft from my little 2.3L turbo 4. It's plenty quick enough for me hehe.

Nice! i love how SRT's sound! they have a very peculiar sound!

Well my car was one of the 15 only officially imported by subaru to AMERICA (from canada to chile :-D) It is a version 8 STi with a EJ207 motor, (EDM spec) it has all the bells & whistles of the famous V7 JDM engine minus the DCCD and big port heads... but it has the forged crank, rods and pistons, no TGVs etc. :-)

I've done pretty much all bolt ons...

Catless Downpipe
3" Cat back
Short Ram
2" Uppipe with EWG
38mm Tial wastegate (atmosphere dumped)
Front mount
Electronic Boost controler (3 port style)
Turbo Inlet pipe
Crank Pulley
Custom E-tune
Manifold Crossover pipe

The suspension has some work also

Front & Rear Sway bars
Front & Rear Strut bars
Front lower tie bar
Fender Braces
Coilovers
All bushings replaced with race spec durometer
Camber plates
Camber bolts
Anti lift kit

The exterior/interior has some other stuff also

18x10 +30 wheels
255/35/18 wheels
WRX side skirts
Cusco front lip
Boost, oil temp / press gauges
i painted the center dash balck but i'll do a CF wrap next week with DINOC 3M CF wrap

Well thats on top of my mind :laugh: there are other things done, but thats pretty much it.

Vansquish 07-25-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 875486)
Nice! i love how SRT's sound! they have a very peculiar sound!

Well my car was one of the 15 only officially imported by subaru to AMERICA (from canada to chile :-D) It is a version 8 STi with a EJ207 motor, (EDM spec) it has all the bells & whistles of the famous V7 JDM engine minus the DCCD and big port heads... but it has the forged crank, rods and pistons, no TGVs etc. :-)

I've done pretty much all bolt ons...

Catless Downpipe
3" Cat back
Short Ram
2" Uppipe with EWG
38mm Tial wastegate (atmosphere dumped)
Front mount
Electronic Boost controler (3 port style)
Turbo Inlet pipe
Crank Pulley
Custom E-tune
Manifold Crossover pipe

The suspension has some work also

Front & Rear Sway bars
Front & Rear Strut bars
Front lower tie bar
Fender Braces
Coilovers
All bushings replaced with race spec durometer
Camber plates
Camber bolts
Anti lift kit

The exterior/interior has some other stuff also

18x10 +30 wheels
255/35/18 wheels
WRX side skirts
Cusco front lip
Boost, oil temp / press gauges
i painted the center dash balck but i'll do a CF wrap next week with DINOC 3M CF wrap

Well thats on top of my mind :laugh: there are other things done, but thats pretty much it.

Damn, sounds like a fairly impressive build. I envy the ability to spend that kind of time and money building. Someday, someday...in any case, you'll probably scoff, but I've actually not got an SRT. They've got a 2.4L Turbo-4 if memory serves. I've actually got a Mazdaspeed6. I'm about to head off to law school, so I don't really have the time or money to dump a lot into the car, but in the long term, I'd like to:

Drop in some forged con-rods, higher-compression pistons, a FMIC rather than the heat-soak-prone TMIC that I've got.

Short term, I think I'm going to focus on doing suspension work and drivetrain stabilization work as well. Basically I'm hoping to put some properly adjustable coil-overs and sway bars in, add some more durable rear differential mounts (and replace all the engine/transmission/differential etc...bushings with higher durometer bushings), and a short shift kit with a weighted knob (the stock assembly is notchy and pretty unpleasant in daily-driving).

That being said, right now I'm seeing about 33mpg and I've got 300+bhp...suck that V6 Mustang!