Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Motorsport News And Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Journalist to go naked at Silverstone if Mclaren wins in 04 (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13062)

5vz-fe 07-16-2004 03:53 AM

Journalist to go naked at Silverstone if Mclaren wins in 04

The unnamed journalist, obviously not a McLaren supporter, has promised to strip naked and run around the Silverstone circuit if McLaren win a race this year. And it's a promise that Dennis intends to make him keep.

"I am holding him to it," the McLaren team boss told Reuters.

He also warned the journalist that he doesn't think McLaren "are that far away" from their first win of the season. The team achieved their best result of 2004 at Sunday's British GP when Kimi Raikkonen claimed second place.

"We've got more things in the pipeline. We beat Rubens Barrichello fair and square. He's been on the pace in many races so we have a chance of beating Ferrari this year," Dennis added.

Dennis, though, isn't the only member of the McLaren team who is looking forward to day the journalist has to make good with his promise. "I'd enjoy watching that," said technical director Adrian Newey. "Well, I don't know if I'd enjoy watching it ... but I'd enjoy hearing about it."

LINK: http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_16568.shtml

X-ale 07-16-2004 04:14 AM

The only way is if Schumi doesn't finish... and somehow manage to get past Rubens...

chipanggo 07-16-2004 04:36 AM

i feel mclaren maybe going winless this season. i, however, will NOT make that bet. i'll keep my clothes on for everybody's sake. :lol:

dingo 07-16-2004 04:46 AM

LOL.......good to see things like this, a change from the serious side of F1. However it would have been nice if the journo was female and good looking. :D

he7lius 07-16-2004 06:33 AM

Re: Journalist to go naked at Silverstone if Mclaren wins in

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
The unnamed journalist, obviously not a McLaren supporter, has promised to strip naked and run around the Silverstone circuit if McLaren win a race this year. And it's a promise that Dennis intends to make him keep.
LINK: http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_16568.shtml

All the news say "the unnamed" journalist, but the guy who said this is the F1 reported for the Daily Express newspaper.
I read his f1 race at Silverstone, and his says was having a go at Ron Dennis comments about Mclaren been close to Ferrari. He told Ron that the Mclarens weren't close cos if it wasn't for the safety car they would be 20 sec off the pace.
In his article the reporter says, "i am so confident that the Mclarens won't win a race that i'm not worried about this".
I think his name is Bob Mckenzie(i think).

Ian_yamaue 07-16-2004 09:30 AM

Allright, let us all make a promise. If Ferrari wins we will strip a girl....no, not good, if Ferrari wins from now, we all will strip lots of gorgeus girls!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What you think pals?? :mrgreen:

5vz-fe 07-16-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_yamaue
Allright, let us all make a promise. If Ferrari wins we will strip a girl....no, not good, if Ferrari wins from now, we all will strip lots of gorgeus girls!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What you think pals?? :mrgreen:

And make them run around in our houses LOL

Ian_yamaue 07-16-2004 01:28 PM

Hell yeah!!!

mindgam3 07-16-2004 03:49 PM

I wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if mclaren got a win, i mean they showed they had the pace in qualifying, and their race pace wasn't exactly super slow, n after all.... kimi beat rubens

Ian_yamaue 07-16-2004 04:04 PM

I agree, Kimi is really fast.

Tomerville 07-16-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

If Ferrari wins we will strip a girl....no, not good, if Ferrari wins from now, we all will strip lots of gorgeus girls!!! What you think pals??
Yes please.

caugb 07-17-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Greece had better odds to win the Euro Cup at 100-1, i give McLaren 1000-1.
As we know, Greece won the Euro Cup. With some luck with MS, McLaren can win this year. Rubens? As a brazilian still trying to support him, I wouldn't worry about that. Wait and see.
p.s.: Big disappointment for portuguese AND BRAZILIANS! We were all supporting Portugal here (and it was not because of the coach)! We expect better times for you in the World Cup. Thanks for taking England out of Euro THAT way!

possessed_beaver 07-18-2004 01:39 AM

i think this journalist has bet on a sure thing,

hahahaha what a champion!!! he should get some prize thoe if he's right, and doesent have to strip

sikx5 07-18-2004 02:03 AM

hahahahahaha good blooy bet,

got a strange feeling he will win :lol:

Ford Capri 2.8i 07-24-2004 04:33 PM

I think that McLaren is going to win as long as Schumacher fails the race strategy, he has a bad race due to many reasons(a non proper car set-up, a bad day of Schumacher...)...and just only for these mentioned reasons...and just this...