Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I got an Xbox! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61585)

HeilSvenska 09-30-2009 06:55 PM

I got an Xbox!

I really don't care about RROD issues since I've seen my friends deal with it and how hassle-free it could be.

But will it be worth $250 be worth getting now? Or should I wait for another deal?

Minacious 09-30-2009 09:40 PM

$250 is pretty damn low, but there may be some interesting deals around Holiday time.
If you plan on hooking up to a wireless connection, figure another $100 into the budget (which is absurd) for the adapter.

RROD are not really an issue with the latest revision. That is unless you do something silly that heats the machine up.

Juho 09-30-2009 09:47 PM

You can get adapter for $70(ish) on GameStop last time I checked.

Minacious 09-30-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho (Post 870760)
You can get adapter for $70(ish) on GameStop last time I checked.

I'm just rounding up. :-D
Still too much for something that should be embedded in the machine.

nthfinity 09-30-2009 11:04 PM

maybe the promotion ended, but I think there was an additional 50$ off by mail in rebate on Elites recently.

Be sure to add nthfinity 2 to your friends list (although, I really don't play as often lately)

I love my xbox 360, for games its def. better than ps3... well, I bought my ps3 for blu ray, multi digital media player for home theater, and GT5.

The chance of RROD on machines made after 11/07 (unless you bought the Halo edition 360 like me; than 9/07) is greatly reduced.

HeilSvenska 10-06-2009 03:57 AM

I bought it. I bought it for $285 + tax before the $50 rebate, which I think is decent. I ordered it from Dell, which was very decent enough (cynical enough) to list Xbox Elites even though they didn't have any in stock right now so that the buyers could qualify for the rebate. They removed the listing as of 12am on the 6th.

In the end, I'll be saving $66 on it if everything goes well.

HeilSvenska 10-08-2009 11:28 PM

Wow. It came already. I didn't expect it to come so early. It's pretty awesome. They sent me a Jasper bundled with two games, LEGO Batman and PURE, which I didn't expect... but since I got them for free, I can't complain. Maybe I'll eBay them before the market's saturated with those. Or I'll play them. We'll see.

I don't really have a good set up right now since I didn't expect it so soon. I'll probably put it next to my PC or my TV. Get myself a AV-VGA cable and maybe a component cable. No wireless dongle for me. I really don't want to have to get and deal with a wireless router. :-)

nthfinity 10-09-2009 02:05 AM

the vga connection will end up giving you great resolution to play with, which definitely helps a lot. 1080p monitors with HDMI/ DVI etc. aren't very expensive either... and work great for games in "tight" spaces.

10000rpmlover 10-09-2009 02:50 AM

I brought a psp from japan with me, I am still on the fence on the xbox, I need to replace our 720p tv for a 1080p model this holliday season before I delve into a game system, the girls are happy with the wii so far

HeilSvenska 10-09-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 870960)
the vga connection will end up giving you great resolution to play with, which definitely helps a lot. 1080p monitors with HDMI/ DVI etc. aren't very expensive either... and work great for games in "tight" spaces.

That's the idea. ;-)