Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   JW European Members Meeting brainstorming !UPDATE (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44263)

pzgren 01-03-2007 07:33 PM

i'm definitely interested in a europe meeting

24hours would be a great event but i guess it will be very difficult to get parking spaces for all the cars when arriving sunday at the nürburgring.

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 08:21 PM

Sounds good to me Phobo. If I can come Ill be there definately.

I like your ideas till now, maybe Le Mans, Goodwood?

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodduck
le mans! there is a good chance that i will be in france this summer and i will be trying very hard to go to le mans... cant confirm anything as of right now.

Good to hear - Matteo has also in mind the french race...

Anyway - last year we were gucom, Evo and pterps... and at the end I could only meet gucom, and just for a while, since he was with his dad, and I was with a friend. Evo had things to do at the Stand21 stand, and pterps was also busy with his buddies... so all in all - proves that meeting in such a huge event is not easy :? :?

Doesn't sound easy at all Dani...

I think a trip or so also sounds good but that isn't easy too.

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The easiest thing IMO is to meet at the Ring, one random sunday, preferably on summer... and have some fun together :D it's not too far from Belgium or Holland, not too far from Switzerland (I think)...

I'd have the longest journey though - but it's well worth the occasion :wink:

Well the Ring would be a good choice since its a bit in the center of Europe. You'd have the longest journey bit if you combine it with a visit to museums its not too bad.

Im also up for Le Mans and Goodwood if I can make it :bah:

stradale 01-03-2007 08:44 PM

A meeting at the Ring would be my idea as well. Like dani has made clear, however, it might be difficult to get together during these large events. A regular tourist day is great fun as well.

ARMAN 01-03-2007 08:56 PM

I'd vote for random sunday or even dont have to be sunday anyone can organize a day or two in the week if will know in advance so it will be less crouded at NR so we can drive the famose ring and have a good time :P JW BBQ somewere there is a good idea too, anyone live anywere near NR? :P
Big events would be hard to organise to meet and stay togeather as was mentioned before in topic.

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 09:01 PM

Im up for a regular Day at Nurburgring and a BBQ near!

I would like to take the NR Taxi too!

Dani see if you can bring your brother and his car, like to know how it drives :mrgreen:

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 09:13 PM

Well Ill cancel that idea then :? :x

ARMAN 01-03-2007 09:25 PM

I have my own bmw taxi... so will probably you have too, Dani with his bro Igna, Igorionia and Knot :P

TopGearNL 01-03-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobo
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Well Ill cancel that idea then :? :x

Some other people also offer co driver places in their cars
what I can remember:

the zackspeed crew (won the 24hours several times), the brother of nick heidfeld always has some packages available on ebay = 3rounds 320euros in a porsche911gt3 .....

so if you are not fixed on driving with one of the bmw ring taxis there are alot of other options :)

Ill have a look into that. Its just combining it with the meet you know.. :wink:

Quote:

I have my own bmw taxi... so will probably you have too, Dani with his bro Igna, Igorionia and Knot
:roflmao:

stradale 01-03-2007 09:57 PM

It's not impossible to get a hold of a ticket for the Ringtaxi. I have succesfully ordered three tickets for a trip to the Ring with some colleagues. All you have to know is the date at which a new batch of tickets will be sold and make sure you're ready to fill out the orderform on the internet as soon as the sale starts. You can apply for a notification by e-mail at http://www.bmw-motorsport.de/ring-taxi. They sell 30 tickets each monday at 10 a.m. during the season. Those small batches are hard to get a ticket from. Usually they're gone in about 1 minute. You really have to be fast for those, but it can be done. :wink:

ARMAN 01-03-2007 10:02 PM

Oh another BMW Taxi :P Stradale are you consider to come for JW meeting? :)

stradale 01-03-2007 10:06 PM

I'm definately up for a meeting at the NS! :D

Not sure if I would drive the track with my own car though. When it's very quiet at the track I'd like to try it.

TT 01-04-2007 01:55 AM

I'll consider it, but if it won't take place at the Le Mans 24h or Monaco GP I fear I might not be able to attend :bah:

that said, for sure at those two events as long as Geneva Motorshow and maybe a couple others, there will be as always, mini JW meet.

stmoritzer 01-04-2007 06:13 AM

Just checked the Singen Autosalon page and they are open Saturday from 8am to 3.30pm nonstop ( did I mention the F-dealer, -Audi-Bentley-Jag-BMw-... on the same street :P )

I think it's better to choose not a WE with a big event like the 24h-on-the-Ring.
We could meet Saturday for the Autosalon, and sunday either visit the new Porsche/MB museums and/or going to the Ring.