Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whats the fastest or craziest thing you ever did in a car? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73)

novass 06-20-2003 03:05 AM

@gis and coombsie....what kind of novas are you takin about? chevys? or is there another one?

gis 06-20-2003 06:32 AM

yeah dude,there is one by vauxhall,nuthin special about them at all.pretty slow infact,range from a 1 litre engine to a 1.6,and all young lads mine and coombsie66 age have them and think they have a kick ass car,they are more of a ricers car here in the UK,spoilers and huge bodykits on them,and they get beat by practically everythin.

the only time they are actually quick is when older guys do engine conversions,most common is a 2 litre,some 2 litre turbos,and then the odd v6 in them,which must be quick coz the car weighs less than even my car.

but most young lads have the 1.3sr version.huge exhaust,hear them a mile away.they are pretty shit IMO

coombsie66 06-20-2003 08:29 AM

Yeah, spot on GIS, the vaxhall novas and Astras are the equivelant of americas 'ricers'.
They put huge spoilers on, paint it all themselfs, so it looks wank, and do various other crap 2 them.
There are exceptions 2 this, there are quite a few very nice 2litre novas about, that go like shit off a shovel!!!!!!!! But the majority are 1.3 SRi's.
I beat a load of them in the landrover Defender 300tdi i had 4 my 1st year of driving!!!!!! Hillarious!!!!!

Anonymous 06-20-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpm_f1
Quote:

Originally Posted by stracing
seriously you don't need a fast car, you just need to be brave

thats for sure man, but out task is to reach 150+mph or the magic 185+mph. for that you needn`t to be brave you have to be simply stupid. even in germany there are less and less parts of the autobahn where you are allowed to speed as much as you can.
my father`d kill me when he gets a ticket of that speed :wink:

Wats magic about 185? Ive done that plus 15 - 17 just on my GSXR going the store on ocasion.....

Jabba 06-20-2003 06:11 PM

yes and on 2 wheels Krazy...without any protection...not that you need protection with a rubber gal on back :P

gis 06-20-2003 06:29 PM

lol,that pic was great KH wi u and the fake women,post it up again dude

Anonymous 06-20-2003 06:43 PM

http://kitty-killers.no-ip.com/ma_hunny.jpg

Watch what ya say round her, shes sensitive about her big mouth!!!

gis 06-20-2003 06:59 PM

LMAO,how close r u 2 KH

robruf 06-29-2003 06:10 PM

The highest speed that I have ever done was with a friend in one of my dad's friends Porsches. The car was a 993 Carrera 4, my dad's friend just tossed me the keys to it and told me to go and drive it for about an hour or so. So i did, but first i went over to my buddy's house, picked him up and then proceeded to speed. There is a bridge in Ottawa that is fairly long and hardly any cops patrol it, so this is where we went. The only problem is that at the end of the bridge it is fairly bumpy and not wanting to throw the car off balance and land in a ditch on the side of the road, one has to brake well before the end of the bridge. There is a university right next to this bridge, so we are at a red light and when the light went green, I floored it and the sign said 60km/h, well, I went 240 km/h. If I was caught, they would have taken away my license adn took my dad's friends porsche away right then and there. I cannot wait to get my own Porsche/Ferrari/Lamborhgini so that I can speed all the time and no copper can stop me, you will see me on World's Wildest Police Chases, but htey won't stop me, LOL

gat 07-15-2003 07:26 AM

hahah, I always remember the mad times we had when the 1st one of my mates could drive.

His 1st car was an MG Metro.....

hahah, its was actually ok..We had this road with a hump back bridge over a railway track. hahah, we used to get the MG up to about 80/85mph when we hit the bridge,

The car would leave the ground for about 2 seconds, hahah, then land, and my mate would have to quickly controll it on the landing.

fuck that was dangerous, of all cars to do it in to.....a metro??
funny.

just so you get an idea, imagine you saw this in the air....lol
http://www.maestroweb.co.uk/images/84m4r2b.jpg

gis 07-15-2003 08:49 AM

lol,the metro is a classic

a guy i know had the 1.4 gti,he took me out in it,was pretty nippy,but by no means was it as fast as he made it out to be

interceptor_01 07-15-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noosee
Passing several Red lights with speed of 230 km/h in town with 60 km/h speed limit.

man, thats definatly not cool, thats sick

but i donīt want to teach you some lessons...

no crazy things with a car, only 210kph....thats it

Fleischmann 12-22-2003 08:03 AM

I don't drive but my dad did something funny once. As my gran was getting into the car (one leg in the car, one still on the road), he put his foot down and my gran skided on one leg for about 15 meters before my dad realised what had happened.

Zonda11 12-22-2003 03:19 PM

Shit that's Crazy.... here in Canada i wouldn't risk doing more than 100MPH , because i don't want a 400 dollar ticket and the increase in insurance costs.

It would cost me 10000+ dollars a year to insure an M3 having never got a ticket!

LOL

takata 12-22-2003 03:34 PM

have nvr been crazy
insurance here cost ALOT and increases A L O T if u r in any accidents.
worse ...... cars cost like bombs!!

no $$ = no guts! :(