Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Motorsport News And Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Renault or BAR (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10207)

Caps8419 05-14-2004 04:54 PM

Renault or BAR

so who thinks BAR will earn their place above Renault this season? anytakers. Im tifosi all the way but im curious to see how comes in second on the constructor's table. any thoughts?

Max Power 05-14-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

BAR would have more chances if they had retained Villenueve.
NO!!
Bar is great this season because they got rid of Villeneuve.....his contract was 1/2 the budget, and now that money is going towards the car. + I hope Bar beats Renault.... an underdog would bring more "action" to F1

sameerrao 05-14-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

well all Renault needs is more power, once they achieve that they will be 2nd best hands down. no one not even Ferrari has a better chasis then Renault.
Alonso and Trulli complain about the 2004 chassis being like driving on a knife-edge with oversteery attitude. The 2003 chassis was the class of the field for sure.

IMO its difficult to say which of the two will take second place - its all about consistency of the cars and consistency of the drivers... My feeling is that the Renault pair is a little stronger than the BAR pair so they might clinch it.

sameerrao 05-14-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

lol, are you kidding me. JV couldnt win a race or finish a race for that matter if his life depended on it. and Sato crazy, did you ever see some of the other great drivers from the past and a perfect example of today is MS he was crazy for his first years even when he first went to Ferrari he was a bit wreckless. so before you talk out your arse think twice man. some times that extra edge is what you need to pull out that fast lap.
I don't think your comparison with Schumacher is fair. Schumacher was not crazy driver by any means in his first years - he scored pretty consistently in 1992 and 1993.

I think your assessment of Sato is correct. Takuma has calmed down quite a bit since 2002. He was clearly overdriving the car in his early days. He should do well in future.

Caps8419 05-15-2004 01:25 AM

agreed. sato has cooled down but still hes spun out a couple of times this season... if hed be slightly more careful (not too much!!! hehe) perhaps he'd place higher after each race.. BAR are pretty inconsistant though... Button one race.... Alonso another.... Renault prolly will take 2nd... ferarri all the way.... Though the season just started!

PS. i think i might attend the race here in june.. its my first time... any suggestions on the best seats for the best views??? thanks

sameerrao 05-15-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

PS. i think i might attend the race here in june.. its my first time... any suggestions on the best seats for the best views??? thanks
I am going there for the race myself and Caplax40 from JW is also headed there.

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...rackMapLRG.jpg

The good viewing points are:
1. Tower Terrace (Northern most side - can see Turns 1-3 and from the top you can see 4-6 during the race.
2. Paddock - can see the start of the race and th podium ceremonies
3. Section A - can see the pit action
4. Section H - you can see overtaking moves into Turn 1

Try to get seats AA and higher - you will be looking at the track through the catchfence from the lower seats.

I am going to be in the Tower Terrace myself. Hope you get a good seat! good luck

3D_CARD 05-15-2004 11:04 AM

This year's Ferrari's Chassis is really excellent, the only Chassis/Engine combination can possibly challenge it will be B.A.R.

ae86_16v 05-15-2004 07:51 PM

Dani, I am not sure if I agree with you. I think that Button is definitely a better driver than both of the Renualt drivers. If not better, very very close. Button has shown he could be very consistent.

I think you are refereing more to Sato. In practices and in some laps of the race, he could be blazing fast. And the style he drives seems like he is always just one step away from disaster. What he needs to do is focus more on making less mistakes and I think he could be a pretty good driver overall.

tekwar 05-16-2004 05:17 AM

I think the results speak for themselves, BAR has time and time ago shown they have been quicker than renault. Not to discount renault one bit, they have a great team, and are more than likely to be challenging BAR throughout the season for runner up position, unless BMW get their act together and start racing. McLaren which is my favorite team is undeniabaly out for the season. hopefully their B-spec car can at least fight for a podium.

kteo2003 05-16-2004 07:15 PM

i think that both bmw and mclaren will go much much better from the second half nut i don't know if they will be able to reach renault because after ferrari renault is the only team that both cars have taken points from the first grand prix..

Caps8419 05-18-2004 12:48 AM

thanks for the advise..... i think renault has the advantage over bar as we all saw in spain...trulli killing shumi of the line because of the clutch locking mechanism at the start.... if renault qualifies well and is up close in monaco, (assuming they drive well) they might be the biggest threat to ferarri. lets hope ferarri takes 6 in a row!

fakepower 05-18-2004 01:08 AM

i think that renault has the cards this year, i just dont think that BAR has the drivers, and really the car. while the BAR car is progressing nicely .... i still .... am not impressed, a better chassis in F1 i think can do more then a better engine.... my bet says renault.

so_innocent 05-21-2004 09:48 AM

Ooh, this is a hard one to decide upon. I think both BAR and Renault have made huge progress through the winter season, but i still think it's to early to decide who's gonna come 2nd in da constructor's championship. Renault has so far done better, but neva underestimate Button's skill. Sato is also a force to be reckoned with!

Caps8419 05-23-2004 11:21 PM

i think trulli is doing very well this year, much better than alonso IMO

NYCHonda 05-24-2004 03:57 AM

Since I'm a big Honda fan, I'm hoping to see BAR Honda to be in second place in the constructor's championship this year.