Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Videogames (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   For all current PS3 owners (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49360)

evoWalo 07-18-2007 10:21 PM

For all current PS3 owners

I just want to know what made you buy a PS3. The real reason... so to speak. Was it for the Playstation name? Was it for the Blu Ray player? Was it for the graphics? Was it for the current (not future) games?

RC45 07-18-2007 10:48 PM

Before I actually bought it:

Blu-Ray
PS2 backward compatibility
PS1 backward compatibility
GTHD
User supported upgrades
Games

After I bought it:
Great music library store and player
Useful and fun Web Browser
Fantastic and useful digital image storage and photoalbum

evoWalo 07-18-2007 11:17 PM

User supported upgrades? Like an emulator or PS3 Linux?

RC45 07-18-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evoWalo
User supported upgrades? Like an emulator or PS3 Linux?

New OS installs, hard drive upgrades, full system backups.

100% USB device support.

Puts my XBox 360 to shame.

Every USB device, including hard drives, has worked when attached to the PS3 - even a 1998 Compaq Wireless PS/2 PC Keyboard attcahed via PS/2 to USB adapter, connected using a 6 port USB hub.

This device is classic fantastic Sony consumer grade electronics... in otherwords solid quality, well designed and fire and forget plug and play simple.

The latest firmware upgrade added (among other things) native DVD to HD upscaling capability.

Pokiou 07-19-2007 03:35 AM

we just got browsing ability on the xbox306 ! and even then it required a PC to be usable lol... fuck MS products suck balls. !

ae86_16v 07-19-2007 05:32 AM

Got it because it finally got cheap enough.

Plus I wanted it for games that are coming like GT5 and Metal Gear Solid. The BluRay player is a nice addition, but not a deal breaker for me (since I already have a HD DVD player).

Bizi Jones 07-19-2007 03:47 PM

^
1. HDDVD player doesn't play Blu Ray ;) lol
2. If u bought it for games like GT5, MGS4 and presumably GTA (oct release but even so) then y not wait till 08 when the games will be released or at least till the holidays...only reason to buy PS3 now is for BD imo

DeMoN 07-19-2007 06:08 PM

GT HD was only reason. I was pretty pissed when they announced GT HD would not be made and well, I was comforted when I saw F1 Championship so yeah, for 1 game I bought the PS3 and the Logitech G25 wheel (and its worth it).

Yea the occasional watching movies in HD helps, at least with the ladies :wink:

philip 07-19-2007 09:26 PM

Got Playstation one, check
Got Playstation two, check
Got PSP, check
Got Playstation three, check

Sorry, had to have it couldn't wait till the price went down.

Are there enough games yet, no. I could have waited, yes.

300 will be my first Blue ray and I wont care that in 5 years it will only cost $9.99. at Walmart.

evoWalo 07-19-2007 10:34 PM

That's the #1 reason I havent gotten it yet. The games that I'm interested in arent out yet. No one rents BD movies yet. I dont want to go buying BD movies. There arent cheap knock off BD movies yet either.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones
^
2. If u bought it for games like GT5, MGS4 and presumably GTA (oct release but even so) then y not wait till 08 when the games will be released or at least till the holidays...only reason to buy PS3 now is for BD imo

Bizi Jones 07-19-2007 10:51 PM

well there are other ways of watching bd movies other than ps3 ;)...but yah I'll prolly get one with GTA

ae86_16v 07-20-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones
^
1. HDDVD player doesn't play Blu Ray ;) lol

Like I said because it got cheap enough. . . got it for $400 with a free controller, (2 Controllers) so why not.

I know that HD DVD doesn't play BluRay, but I was pointing to the fact that I am not using it as a media player.

Right now the only games I got are MLB 2k7 and Resistance. Both are okay, but definitely aren't blockbuster hits.

But the number 1 reason was only because it got cheap enough.

Bizi Jones 07-20-2007 08:49 AM

damn...I was in Oakland a week ago, and I didn't c this $400 deal

nthfinity 07-20-2007 10:01 AM

I'm getting more and more tempted to buy a ps3 before i have a use for it lol...

must....reisist!

rave426 07-24-2007 02:26 PM

I just got mine last week and I am totally satisfied.................The reason I got it is because of GTHD, and GT5, and Metal Gear, and Blu-Ray!!!!