Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   What You Saw Today (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   May 27 - Houston.... (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10847)

RC45 05-28-2004 03:30 PM

May 27 - Houston....

Well - this is what we saw last night. We - as in another JW forum member (who had one day to spend in Houston) and I went and had a couple steaks and I showed him a few local sights.

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data...8PS2_Wall2.jpg

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data...48PS2_Wall.jpg

I now know why them pimpin dudes all have game consoles in their cars/truck/vans... it is so they can use a projector to play games on the sides of buildings.

So - after this we were'nt sure what else we would see.

It wasn't much - but I can tell you it involved a WS6 convertible in the right lane, us in the middle and a BMW 540 in the left lane and a 996 Cabriolet flashing his lights to pass on the way to the freeway on ramp.

All in all a rather uneventful evening - unless you count the 50 foot rolling burnout, the impromptu street race and the hour I sat in the back of a squad car in hand-cuffs as excitment.. :P

PATo355 05-28-2004 03:37 PM

Hahaha that truly rocks , but it attrackts to many attention , better go and play home

8oost0ne 05-28-2004 03:49 PM

HAHAHAHA Never seen that before. That is so truly awsome and it just proves what everyone says. Everything is bigger in Texas. :D

T-Bird 05-28-2004 03:56 PM

what you got put in the back of a squad car? that sucks did you get off or did they fine you?

TT 05-28-2004 04:50 PM

LOL indeed superb to play games like that ;) and BTW, who was the other JW member?

Squeek 05-28-2004 05:00 PM

hahaha thats a smart as fuck idea that! i aint never seen anything like that before! god im doing that in my car......when i get one :oops:

RC45 05-28-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
what you got put in the back of a squad car? that sucks did you get off or did they fine you?

Well - it started out as a "routine traffic stop" - but I punched the cop in the nose and shot his tyres out with his own weapon, and in the ensuing standoff they forgot to call backup... ;) wait - that's how the "movie of the week" version is going to show it.. :P

I got pulled for no front plate. And when he ran my license I guess a pesky unpaid traffic ticket from way back when came up as a "Warrant for Arrest".

So - he invited me to "check something at the back of the car". That's when I knew I was done for - they don't invite you to get out of the car in these parts unless they plan on taking you to the lockup.. :P

There I was in the back of the squad and he called for a flatbed wrecker - but when it arrived he said he did not like the look of the wrecker or the driver - and really did not want to see my car ruined/vandalized for want of an unpaid $10 ticket. And I sure all my grovelling "Yes sir.. no sir - of course sir - no sir - please and thankyou's" may have played a part as well... :lol:

The next thing he had me out of the car - hand-cuffs off and sent us on my way with a stern "You better pay that ticket tomorrow" - which I did.

Turns out on top of the original $10 - they got another $120 from me for the entire process.

As I say - all in all a nice way to introduce someone to Houston :D

T-Bird 05-28-2004 07:54 PM

well atleast he had your car in mind.

graywolf624 05-29-2004 01:51 AM

Definitly an interesting nite. I thought for sure I was going to have to call for a taxi. Everything workout today down at the precinct?

RC45 05-29-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Definitly an interesting nite. I thought for sure I was going to have to call for a taxi. Everything workout today down at the precinct?

Yeah - got my "Get out of Jail Free" card as well ;) - in case I get pulled before the warrant is worked out of the system.. LOL :lol:

spd 06-05-2004 12:49 AM

good idea need to save up for the projector

BADMIHAI 06-05-2004 08:10 PM

I knew you were wanted by the Interpol. :wink:

That projector idea is pretty crazy!

It's obvious you don't want to mention the other JW member's name, so I won't ask you for it.

RC45 06-05-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
I knew you were wanted by the Interpol. :wink:

That projector idea is pretty crazy!

It's obvious you don't want to mention the other JW member's name, so I won't ask you for it.

Well - he is free to identify himself - I am just not sure how confidential his trip to Houston was... :P

bobafett 06-05-2004 10:43 PM

What a bizarre set of events. As for your ticket... call Lee Brown! He's another I see when we're in town.

I have to admit, that video gaming system is WAY cool. I totally dig it.

--Dan

spyd3rr 06-06-2004 03:36 PM

hahaha that is awesome...where is this? is it in downtown?