Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005 (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31331)

chest3r 10-31-2005 02:49 PM

Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005

Quote:

In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.
:o :o :o :o

coloradosilver 10-31-2005 03:28 PM

Thanks for the update!

Oh yeah....I told you all that the new Z06 wouldn't be in this feature! I'll be surprised to see it at all this season. I would definitely love to see it on Top Gear this fall, but I don't think it's going to happen.

coloradosilver 10-31-2005 03:40 PM

Time out - This could be one of the few occasions that I'm wrong about something here, I just went on the Top Gear website and they have just recently tested the new Z06. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.topgear.com/drives/CB/A1/...sts/03/01.html

Hopefully it will make it on the program.

No.1 10-31-2005 07:15 PM

So that's why they shut off the roads on the Isle of Man.... i know we won't be disappointed by these guys

Should be interesting to see the KZ1.... but it's so old now, i remember 5th gear having it ages ago :roll:

gucom 10-31-2005 07:20 PM

yeah but delivery of it only started fairly recently...
cant wait to see it, i'll definately be watching htis episode...wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so? :?

Daggernite 10-31-2005 07:24 PM

Starting with some awesome cars this series, should be great. Im getting excited thinking about it.

vexor 10-31-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gucom
wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so?

yep

Can't wait for the KZ1 and the M6 test

PATo355 10-31-2005 07:50 PM

Re: Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005

Quote:

Originally Posted by chest3r
Quote:

In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.

Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...
Hammond will say the best is the 911 ... he loves that car .
James May will drive the M6 and will hate it , so he will decide on the V8.

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !

abbor 10-31-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATo355
Quote:

Quote:

Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !

:lol: You're sooo right... :!:

Anonymous 10-31-2005 07:58 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see the isle of man feature, the stig is supposed complete some timed tests in the cars there to :D

chest3r 10-31-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATo355
Quote:

Quote:

Of course JC will say the AMV8 is a great car (even that it's the best car in the world ). That guy really loves Aston Martin's.

But I would prefer to see the M6 beeing tested against the M5 at the TG test track, instead of beeing included in this feature. The M6 is much more powerful that the AMV8 and the 911. And I think the M5 review in the previous series was a little poor. I would like to see more track action 8)

SilviaEvo 10-31-2005 08:15 PM

hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!

dutchmasterflex 10-31-2005 08:32 PM

can't wait to see the M6 in Top Gear's hands and hopefully on their track.. i wonder when 5th gear will review the M6?

chest3r 10-31-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!

Between the Aston and the V8 Vantage ?!? :lol: :lol:

abbor 10-31-2005 09:35 PM

No, he meant between the BMW and the M6... :wink: