Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Merc C180 Sport (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62677)

sammy 12-14-2010 01:37 AM

Merc C180 Sport

Can anyone outthere tell me how I can get hold of the exterior side skirts and back bumper to make my 1994 C180 Sport look like the C43 AMG preferebly from the year 2000? I am based in the U.K. I'm not sure wheather to approach an official Mercedes dealership for the parts or some third party dealership and which third party dealership?

Can a whole exhaust of a C43 AMG be fitted onto my car?

Are the side skirts easy to change and fit with the C43 AMG ones?

Below is a list of things I like my car to be fitted with tomake it looklike a C43 AMG.

1. Back bumper or evan front if I need to change both.
2. Exterior side skirts left and right side.
3. Exhaust system of a C43 or one that would make my car look like a C43.
4. Which tyres best to use for my 8x19 rear and 8x18 front AMG dish alloys when I do get to hold of them.

I cherish my car and would like to give it a makeover as I feel it needs one. Could anyone please shed some light on this and help me. Help would be appreciated from within the U.K., U.S.A. or from anywhere around the world, thanks. :thumbup:

sammy 12-16-2010 12:14 AM

Sorry what do u mean by "I would start there"?

sammy 12-16-2010 12:28 AM

I'll have to try that after allI guess. Thanks mate.

sammy 12-16-2010 10:16 PM

anyone else want to help me on my car issue with suggestions.

nthfinity 12-16-2010 11:12 PM

Dealerships would be the first place to go to; an alternative would be aftermarket body manufacturers... however, most of that would likely be fiberglass, and fit improperly without tremendous labor.

The final thought would be a junk yard with crashed cars... other then that, I really haven't got much to help with on that.

Vansquish 12-21-2010 12:09 PM

I seriously doubt that the full C43 exhaust system would fit your car. Yours is a 4 cylinder, the C43 was a V8, and would likely have a y-split near the first catalytic converter. Your best bet for an exhaust would be to buy something that had similar exhaust tips to a C43 system and have that welded onto your exhaust in place of what it currently has.

As for the other parts, I would do what Nthfinity suggested and attempt to get ahold of parts via junkyards. Your car shares the same basic platform as the C43, so I imagine that many of the parts may simply bolt into place. You'll need side-skirts, a body-colored moulding along the doors, a new front fascia and grille, and the rear bumper along with the appropriate alloys and exhaust tips.

Good luck!

RC45 12-21-2010 04:17 PM

What about the various AMG owner forums as an info source?