Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Motorsport News And Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   *** LOOKING FOR A NEW MODERATOR FOR THE F1 SECTION *** (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12557)

Jabba 07-07-2004 12:12 PM

*** LOOKING FOR A NEW MODERATOR FOR THE F1 SECTION ***

Sadly we don't get to update the results in this section as quickly as we would like.

We are therefore looking for someone extremely dedicated to Formula One and at the very least a Formula One "Nut" or "Fanatic" better still a "Ferrari Formula One Fanatic" but this is not absolutely necessary.

Updating the results for both the qualifying and race as well as the drivers and constructors championships will be an absolute priority. News, Features and F1 Media will also be a must.

If you would like to be considered for the position then please add your name below as we will be running a poll to help decide who is the best person for the job.

Thanks

THe Admin Team

oscargarza88 07-07-2004 12:52 PM

aww! i dont know alot about f1... too bad cause i would like to b a moderator but i guess illl wait for next time... :?

DMbaseball1604 07-07-2004 08:41 PM

I know he hasnt been here for a long time..but he seems to be very dedicated to F1 and knows a lot about it...

So I would like to propose sameerrao for the new F1 moderator..

I just dont know if he has done enough to become a moderator...I dont know its just a thought

he7lius 07-07-2004 09:08 PM

I love F1 and read the news about it everyday. :D
But i'm not sure i could be able to do this, but i certainly would love to.

There might be only one problem for me, and that is. i usually work on the Sundays. :(

EDIT: There might be another problem. I soppurt Mclaren, and Jabba i don't think u'll like it. :D

SilviaEvo 07-07-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

aww! i dont know alot about f1... too bad cause i would like to b a moderator but i guess illl wait for next time...
same here my knowledge is very little on that topic! ill pass on this too

Vansquish 07-07-2004 10:00 PM

Well, I'm a "nut" but I don't think I qualify as an F1 nut, so I don't think I qualify, I'm also not on here fast enough after the races or during Qualifying and Practice to post anything of worth.

tekwar 07-08-2004 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by he7lius
I love F1 and read the news about it everyday. :D
But i'm not sure i could be able to do this, but i certainly would love to.

There might be only one problem for me, and that is. i usually work on the Sundays. :(

EDIT: There might be another problem. I soppurt Mclaren, and Jabba i don't think u'll like it. :D

Theres nothing wrong with a McLaren fan...hah. Just a problem with the car :P

Toronto 07-08-2004 02:47 AM

i know alot about f1,

i read about it everyday on about 5 websites, aswell
i am half german = loves shumi
plus i love senna
so really a vote for toronto is a vote for everyone :D

oscargarza88 07-08-2004 03:50 AM

^^
hahaha lol
i agree
u have my vote :D

astonmartinandy 07-08-2004 04:33 AM

Toronto would get my vote as well after that! I think you should deliver some irrealistic manifesto promises as well (just to sway the voters :lol: )

Jabba 07-08-2004 04:34 AM

Thanks to everyone that offered to help out. I always thought the one person that would have been perfect for the Job was indeed Toronto but I wasnt sure if he wanted to take the job on or not and I didnt want to force it on him.

stracing 07-08-2004 04:37 AM

i'll do it! thats only if you don't mind having results posted like 2 hours later. thats the average delay telecast time over here. i like to watch the race before i jump onto the net.

and i definietely qualify as a ferrari fan, look at my die-cast collection and you know!

Jabba 07-08-2004 04:57 AM

Damn thats gonna be a difficult decision now...both Toronto and Stracing would get my vote.

mindgam3 07-08-2004 09:20 AM

I would love to do it... i could do f1 news as well as race reports if you wanted? i would definately consider myself an F1 fanatic, considering im about to start a course in motorsport engineering and will hopefully be working in F1 within the next 5-8 years or so. Although I understand that i am not very likely to be chosen as i havent been at JW for that long but i thought it would be worth the try anyway ;)

sameerrao 07-08-2004 10:53 AM

I would respectfully like to nominate myself for this post. I have been a rabid F1 fan since the magical 80s. The magic has not wore off since.

Why would you vote for me:
- I am pretty good at GP/F1 history (from the 1930s onward)
- As with most of the others nominated, I check F1 news everyday without a fail
- I have a few ideas on improving this section - make it more than just a space to discuss current rumours.

Why you may not vote for me:
- I will need some initial support from the veterans such as Jabba and TT to understand the technicals behind moderation
- The others nominated - Stracing and Toronto - are great choices too

Anyway whoever gets nominated, I will be glad to share my ideas with him/her to make this section more vibrant.

- Sameer