Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are We Dead? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62970)

MidEngine4Life 07-30-2011 07:24 AM

Are We Dead?

When I joined Jabbas World it was a big and busy website full of cool videos and interesting conversations.......

Is the site dead? I mean seriously why go on? I stopped procrastinating and started posting over at the famous FinalGear forums under the same name. Hope to see whats left of you guys there.

pitfield 07-30-2011 11:18 PM

I used to visit jabbasworld fanatically, it's such a shame that it has come to this.

nthfinity 07-31-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitfield (Post 877767)
I used to visit jabbasworld fanatically, it's such a shame that it has come to this.

word.

I post regularly on fchat. And here still I suppose. It is too bad. Nothing had the grab for me like jabbasworld did.

I love TG still; but I'd still perfer to get mine through the old channels.

Midengine4life, I hope to see you around. Hit me up if you ever come to the Detroit area :)

Minacious 07-31-2011 10:58 PM

Sadly, lives change, people change, situations change, priorities change, etc, etc.

I will be here until the very end, but yes, the site has become a shell of its former self.

The days of yore will never be forgotten.

79TA 08-01-2011 05:56 AM

It's sad that the site has slowed down to its current state. What bothers me though is how large the monthly server bill is for so little conversation. A lot of (very) old conversations are being preserved at a great cost.

Maybe we should consider letting some of the old stuff go. Just back up any special threads (ie Camzilla, funny GT-R flame wars, whatever you think is interesting or valuable)

Are you guys at least getting good use of the "monkey" part of this site?

corvette97 08-01-2011 01:13 PM

JW.com IMO was on of the first main forums back in the day! It had a lot of traffic. Gone forever I guess. This was the place I got all my passions: cars, photography etc.

I too have moved on, I barely frequent any forums nowadays. Only detailing forums mainly as it a hobby of mine.

As far as I've searched TT hasn't logged in YEARS! Is he OK? Jabbas hasn't posted anything since 2008.

Nice memories...

nthfinity 08-01-2011 04:01 PM

FYI, the site isn't on it's own server anymore; the split site is doing just fine; although a little too little discussion for my tastes. We've all moved on in one way or another. This site operates on Jabba's behest. If he wanted it shut down, it would have happened. I do like going over old conversations. There are some good ones :) However, some are gone forever due to revhard. That is unfortunate.

What will happen here? Maybe something in the future; in the meantime, I'm trying to make sure this does not become a pure spammer forum.

Minacious 08-02-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 877778)
As far as I've searched TT hasn't logged in YEARS! Is he OK? Jabbas hasn't posted anything since 2008.

Nice memories...

I don't know the status of TT, but Jabba is doing well, just very busy.

corvette97 08-02-2011 02:43 PM

Nice to know! still driving the diablo and f355?? :)

nthfinity 08-02-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette97 (Post 877783)
Nice to know! still driving the diablo and f355?? :)

It just might be a F430 now days :) ... Spider, I think.

PaulGT2164 08-05-2011 10:09 PM

I don't post on here anymore either, Several site changes has pretty much equated me to being a occasional lurker. I am quite active on 10 or so other forums. It is interesting to see how this place changed (for the worse IMO) over the last 8 years I have been a member.

ZfrkS62 08-06-2011 12:08 AM

The days of watching the thread updates on JW until 2am are long gone, but I still fondly remember watching threads update until 2am.

Hell, I still remember spending 3 hours, and starting multiple threads trying to get kermitthekillerfrog to make his maiden post. Those were good times that will never again be achieved on either forum.

I wish the group hadn't split up, but all good things must come to an end I suppose.

Then again, I feel like I grew out of the forum thing awhile ago, like a lot of other members seem to have done.

5vz-fe 08-06-2011 04:40 PM

of course, there's also the non stop argument about american muscle vs european sports

nthfinity 08-07-2011 11:44 AM

Yeah, I too have fond memories of the discussions had on the board back from 2004-2007, and some of 2008 when the schism happened. Funny what happens sometimes without going over any of it.

enzoferrari 08-07-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

of course, there's also the non stop argument about american muscle vs european sports
:angry: