Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Porsche with diesel - end of the world (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55446)

Carbodiox 03-30-2008 01:27 AM

Porsche with diesel - end of the world

Porsche denied puting a diesel engine into their cars couple of times before but now....

:crying::crying::crying:

Guy spotted this car on petrol station in Sweden and took a photo

“I was just passing a petrol station in northern Sweden when I noticed four Porsche Cayennes standing there at a petrol station. There is nothing strange about this situation, but this time it was something that caught my eye. One of the Cayennes was driving off the diesel pump.

As all the cars left the petrol station I followed them for a while, and they stopped outside a restaurant. I noticed that one of the Cayenne's exhaust pipes were quite different. Not the usual big twin pipes, but instead a single smaller pipe on each side, and that was the Cayenne driving off the diesel pump. With no signs inside the car I decided to wait for them to finish their dinner and listen to the engine as they turned on the engine and drove off. And as suspected, I was right, that was really a diesel powered Porsche - no doubt about that.”

it is believed the most logical engine candidate, which is currently being developed by Audi, is a twin-turbocharged 3.2 litre V6 diesel engine producing more than 300hp.

http://images.worldcarfans.com/2008/...310.004.1L.jpg

RC45 03-30-2008 01:30 AM

Ferrari have already announced some AlGore powered cars, so Porsche had to be close behind them ;)

Carbodiox 03-30-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45 (Post 824245)
Ferrari have already announced some AlGore powered cars, so Porsche had to be close behind them ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But still, news are sad :-(

blackbird51 03-30-2008 04:14 AM

Yeah this is a sad news but anyway - I think advanced diesels are better than hybrids (most of them are rubbish). I hope the diesel is going only under the bonnet of Cayenne - not 911!!

styla21 03-30-2008 05:12 AM

Meh, the Cayenne is not a purists porsche anyway. I doubt the diesel will make to the 911.. :)

Mattk 03-30-2008 08:04 AM

Think of the Cayenne is a money-making cow for the development of real Porsches - new 911 models, and that expanding the engine options would appeal to more buyers, meaning more money for 911 development.

pagani 03-30-2008 09:21 AM

Anyway diesel engines are not as bad as you think
Some of the diesel engines have a nice soundtrack

AntR 03-30-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Anyway diesel engines are not as bad as you think
I agree. They've certainly come a long way from the boat-anchor-tractor-units-billowing-smoke that they used to be (that being said I fondly remember my 300D Mercedes). That new diesal powered Audi that won Le Mans shows that.

nthfinity 03-30-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntR (Post 824275)
That new diesal powered Audi that won Le Mans shows that.

The rules give them special exemptions for running Cetane instead of Benzine. If those 'special' rule-delete's weren't there, it wouldn't stand a chance....

styla21 03-30-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 824278)
The rules give them special exemptions for running Cetane instead of Benzine. If those 'special' rule-delete's weren't there, it wouldn't stand a chance....

How do you know this stuff?! :-P

Carbodiox 03-30-2008 06:07 PM

Mattk dont say that Cayenne is a money-making cow. It may be ugly and may be an SUV but still it is very good (technically) car and off roader. But diesels they may be wonderful engine, which they are but my god not for such a exquisite car manufacturer

gobs3z 03-30-2008 06:25 PM

There's no way they will have diesels in the 911 since they'll be getting all their diesels from the VAG, but I'm more worried about them switching to Haldex AWD for gas preservation on the 911.

Mattk 03-30-2008 08:59 PM

I never said that the Cayenne isn't a good car. It is excellent, but it's not a sports car in the true sense of that word.

Pokiou 03-31-2008 12:40 PM

its not even a awd .. well a propper one at least.. its a hybrid big porsche.. useless and ugly like a baboons arse

Mattk 03-31-2008 10:01 PM

^That's a bit harsh. At least it has more space than other Porsches. :P