Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Videogames (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   GTA4 is here.... (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56034)

RC45 04-30-2008 04:31 AM

GTA4 is here....

...and is pretty amazing.

Excellent game play, excellent environment, very nonlinear...

Oh - and the 2nd car I jacked was a C5 Coquette ;)

Awesome game - I can see this one being a great bit if escapism for a long time.

p.s. - this game is very adult... I don't just mean because it has gratuitous sex and violence, bu tbecause the level of humour and entertainment and storyline are quite adult orientated.

Very much a movie style storyline.

CarlZ 04-30-2008 04:47 AM

do you play it on pc?

RC45 04-30-2008 04:58 AM

No - PS3.

CarlZ 04-30-2008 05:04 AM

pitty, I was just wondering how much money do I need to upgrade my pc so I could play this game...

RC45 04-30-2008 05:20 AM

Probably a lot - these new generation games are best enjoyed on the console I think.

Hehe - the ingame TV channels have really clever shows hehe.

Complete with politcl adds and reality shows and previews and all.

This game is an amazingly deep production - yet delightfully shallow at the same time hehe.

silentm 04-30-2008 09:11 AM

man i wanna play this... on gametrailers there is a really nice review on the game... shame i don't have the small change to afford a PS3 :P

atfin 04-30-2008 11:46 AM

I did test that game last week and it is really the best game i have played in many years.

RC45 04-30-2008 01:48 PM

So - any GTA4 players out there?

I was wondering if anyone else thinks Michelle might be an FBI plant?

stistyle 04-30-2008 02:13 PM

just to clear up some confusion, GTA4 is not available on PC. it is for PS3 and Xbox360 only right now.

As for Michelle, I haven't gotten that far with her (although I did bang her on the second date after getting her drunk) but that sounds like an interesting theory.

MidEngine4Life 04-30-2008 02:47 PM

Does anyone know if the first day sales beat or even came close to Halo 3 first day sales?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentm (Post 828398)
man i wanna play this... on gametrailers there is a really nice review on the game... shame i don't have the small change to afford a PS3 :P

You dont have to be able to afford a PS3 ;)
http://www.irepairsquad.com/p-337-mi...m-console.aspx

I hear the game on the PS3 60gb is having a lot of freezing problems. Appearently some have been having a few problems on the 360 as well, but not nearly as many, I havnt had one problem with mine.
Quote:

Last month, the launch of Rockstar Games' Bully on the Xbox 360 was marred by a bevy of crash bugs and other glitches. With this morning's heavily anticipated release of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Rockstar finds itself dealing with still more troubleshooting trouble, as online forums are buzzing with reports of crashes.
Combing through crash threads on the Xbox.com forums, Sony's official message boards, GameSpot, and the NeoGAF forums, it seems that the issues are affecting PlayStation 3 users more frequently, although gamers with both systems are reporting problems. Reports of crashes on the 60GB version of the PS3 hardware are the most common, and tech support advice like deleting and re-installing the game doesn't appear to address the issue effectively.
As of press time, Rockstar has not responded to requests for comment. A representative with Rockstar parent company Take-Two Interactive declined to comment on the issue.
In any case I havnt had any problems on my 360 and Ive been really enjoying this game. I never played San Andreas so im sure that makes the experience even better for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stistyle (Post 828437)

As for Michelle, I haven't gotten that far with her (although I did bang her on the second date after getting her drunk) but that sounds like an interesting theory.

Every time I take her to a bar Im the only one who gets drunk and she just sounds upset. Maybe Im going to the wrong bar lol. As for the FBI thing thats an interesting idea. Somebody needs bust a cap in that ass and find out what happens ;)

RC45 04-30-2008 03:49 PM

Who killed Ivan and who let him live? I let him live - hoping to cash in on that favour one of these days.

T-Bird 04-30-2008 04:52 PM

I picked the Limited Edition one up at midnight. The game is amazing! I opted for the 360 version
because all my friends got it on that console so I can go online with them and the downloadable content.

zenvar 04-30-2008 09:33 PM

Ok, wow, sounds like you guys are further along than I am...having to much fun seeing how much damage I can do to a car. And yes, Michelle has to be law enforcement of some kind. Favorite car so far is the Sentinel. Reminds me of a BMW for some reason.

Any one else have fun bowling? :)

Mattk 04-30-2008 09:35 PM

C5 Coquette, LOL! I really need a new console so I can play all these games. This one might just give me the impetus.

RC45 04-30-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenvar (Post 828480)
Ok, wow, sounds like you guys are further along than I am...having to much fun seeing how much damage I can do to a car. And yes, Michelle has to be law enforcement of some kind. Favorite car so far is the Sentinel. Reminds me of a BMW for some reason.

Any one else have fun bowling? :)

Yeah - the "M3" is pretty cool - Have you boosted a Maybach yet? hehe

Bowling was ok, but I darts is also great fun.

Anyone else watched a lot of TV yet? Some of the satire and humour is fantastic....

Anyway, Vlad just paged me... later.