Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   !*GIFT FOR RICHARD HAMMOND AND FAMILY IN THE NAME OF JW*! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41334)

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 09:12 AM

!*GIFT FOR RICHARD HAMMOND AND FAMILY IN THE NAME OF JW*!

As you probably all know Richard Hammond was involved in a serious accident while shooting for TopGear. He is in hospital as I type this, thank god he is in stable condition now and moved out of the Intensive Care.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/bagendinn1...%20hammond.jpg

Me, yg60m and Jabba have come up with this idea to send him a card, flowers or something else in the name of Jabbasworld. We would really like to see more members to contribute if they like.

I was thinking about sending a Big Card or T-Shirt to Hammond with all the names in it from the contributing Members to this. Flowers for his wife and maybe 2 JW teddybears out of the JW shop for his 2 young daughters.

Best thing we think is that a JW member that lives or is near the hospital should hand this personally over at the hospital!

If you have any other suggestions or ideas please feel free to post them :!:

Contributing members so far:

- JABBA
- TOPGEARNL
- SKAALA
- YG60M
- STMORITZER
- DANI
- CHEST3R
- EMERICASKATE
- ARMAN
- BMAGNI
- GOODDUCK
- DROPOT2
- GIS
- BREMBO
- RONIN005
- THAMAR
- DUBAI
- EVO
- FOXFOUR
- TORONTO
- ae86_16v
- Fsandys
- Davide

:!: If you want to contribute please PM me or Jabba with your name and I will put you in the above list :!:

Jabba 09-22-2006 09:32 AM

I think buying him a toy dragster might be a fun idea, and maybe we could design him a "get well soon t-shirt" also with a dragster on it, and try and get a bit of free advertising in for the site LOL.

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 09:58 AM

Yeah could do LOL :mrgreen:

Wonder where everyone is? :?

chest3r 09-22-2006 10:05 AM

I think that's a pretty good idea!! :o

I would like to contribute 8)

Jabba 09-22-2006 10:06 AM

Damn at this rate, we will have enough cash to buy a brand new hospital...LOL...

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
Damn at this rate, we will have enough cash to buy a brand new hospital...LOL...

LOL jabba

A new Jabbasworld Wing for the hospital :D

yg60m 09-22-2006 10:24 AM

As I already wrote in the other thread I am in for 10 £.

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yg60m
As I already wrote in the other thread I am in for 10 £.

Ah forgot about that, we were discussing it in the other thread. Your going in the list of coming up with the idea and all!

Thanks yg60m :wink:

stmoritzer 09-22-2006 10:39 AM

Good idea with
some kind of t-shirt for Hamster
flowers for his wife
2 JW-Teddys or similar for the girls

I'm in to contribute something, 20£ each is for sure cool but maybe a little high at the end
IMO we should define the presents first and divid the costs among the participating members.
My next contribution would be increased by this amount of $/£/Euro :wink:

Cheers

Jabba 09-22-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Good idea with
flowers for his wife

I'm in to contribute something, 20£ each is for sure cool but maybe a little high at the end
IMO we should define the presents first and divid the costs among the participating members.

Cheers

Yes, I think that is a much better idea, as we will need to buy a truck soon to deliver all the presents that much cash would buy.

Luckily though the cash can be put to one side, for the sites official donation month of December :P

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
Quote:

Good idea with
flowers for his wife

Cheers

Yes, I think that is a much better idea, as we will need to buy a truck soon to deliver all the presents that much cash would buy.

Luckily though the cash can be put to one side, for the sites official donation month of December :P

You felt the businessman coming up there didn't you Jabba :D .

But your both right! I am going to remove the amount of money everyone is willing to contribute, and then after we have finished deciding what everyone is getting divide it between the contributing members,

Is that a better idea?

TopGearNL 09-22-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Quote:

Good idea with
flowers for his wife

Cheers

You read my mind stmoritzer! :D

Does that mean I can count you in too Dani? :wink:

yg60m 09-22-2006 10:55 AM

I think it's a good idea :wink:

ARMAN 09-22-2006 12:02 PM

Count me in! :P Flowers, fruit basket and a JW Tshirt with some custom saying or words would be cool.

bmagni 09-22-2006 12:07 PM

I'm in