Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Magazine Scans (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SportAuto: M6 vs Gallardo vs Viper (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26408)

Just_me 06-17-2005 11:52 AM

SportAuto: M6 vs Gallardo vs Viper

M6 did 0-200 in 12,8 sec. Awesome performance for M6. M6 has shorter brake distance 200km/h-0 than Gallardo and Viper, impressive for a heavy car like M6.
M6 slowest around Hockenheim but weight is the factor for that but M6 is 2.1 sec faster than M5 around Hockenheim

Gallardo is like superfast around the track.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...300#post561300

|Nuno| 06-17-2005 12:26 PM

Hmm... Good show by the M6 on a straight line and on braking, and not a bad time round Hockenheim.

But something was definitely wrong with that Gallardo. There's no way it only clocks 15.4 seconds from 0-200 Km/h and 4.4 to 100... Hell, all the acceleration measures are suspiciously slow. And the same goes for the Viper.

Just_me 06-17-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Hmm... Good show by the M6 on a straight line and on braking, and not a bad time round Hockenheim.

But something was definitely wrong with that Gallardo. There's no way it only clocks 15.4 seconds from 0-200 Km/h and 4.4 to 100... Hell, all the acceleration measures are suspiciously slow. And the same goes for the Viper.

Last time Sportauto drove Gallardo the time was 13.0 sec
Anyway, these cars were tested during the same day under the same conditions, which is good when you want to compare cars.

For that price, M6 offer a lot of performance, bring on M6 CSL :D

1zippo1 06-17-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_me
Quote:

Anyway, these cars were tested during the same day under the same conditions, which is good when you want to compare cars.

Same conditions ok, but that's too much difference. And there's no way the M6 clocks a 12.8sec in soaking wet conditions.

Still, a nice read and figures are only a part of the story. Thx!

1zippo1 06-17-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Quote:

Quote:

Same conditions ok, but that's too much difference. And there's no way the M6 clocks a 12.8sec in soaking wet conditions. The Gallardo has AWD => better traction in wet conditions if that should be the reason for the big difference. Probably just something wrong with the car because I allways thought SportAuto was pretty objective (small remark though: bmw's allways do very well, just look at the M3 CSL times)

Still, a nice read and figures are only a part of the story. Thx!

Just_me 06-17-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Quote:

Quote:

Same conditions ok, but that's too much difference. And there's no way the M6 clocks a 12.8sec in soaking wet conditions.

No I didnt say so, I never mentioned rain. I have seen 3 or 4 different carmags and the worst time was 13,2 sec so its not only Sportauto that get a good time for M6.

pharzo 06-17-2005 02:45 PM

lambo vs luxury coupe vs muscle car. what a great comparison....

Just_me 06-17-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharzo

all three with V10's probably one reason why they compared them :D

nejcdolinsek 06-17-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

I love this guy :D :lol:

I agree, this is almost as bad as the M5 vs. F430 crap--- :roll:

pharzo 06-17-2005 03:29 PM

ohh what a great basis for comparison :lol:

next: S600 vs Enzo

nejcdolinsek 06-17-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

ohh what a great basis for comparison :lol:

next: S600 vs Enzo

Man, you have no imagination!!!

Toyota Yaris vs. FXX!!!! Now that would be a good comparison!

pharzo 06-17-2005 03:33 PM

no, you see the point i was making was that they're both v12's :D

Just_me 06-17-2005 03:35 PM

Here is another test, german Powercar. M6 vs Gallardo vs Viper.
Now the acceleration times are closer but M6 is still faster to 200km/h :wink:

The laptime the Viper was much slower than M6 and the Gallardo best laptime again. M6 seem to be a bargain performance wise if you compare to Gallardo.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...402#post561402

SnakeBitten 06-17-2005 04:03 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how much slower American vehicles are in Europe than on home soil. Did they disconnect a few cylinders from the Viper? I guess its the fuel or the legalization crap that they have to add on. I dont put much weight on Euro tests of American cars anyway..Its always biased results.

Just_me 06-17-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
I dont put much weight on Euro tests of American cars anyway..Its always biased results.

yeah, I feel the same way, thats why I dont read about European cars in american mags, its always baised results.