Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Cool Wall (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Ford GT (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32278)

System 11-30-2005 09:51 AM

Ford GT

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4...rdgt5wi.th.jpg

Chaos in 1983! 11-30-2005 11:13 AM

it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.

Erez 11-30-2005 11:24 AM

well the GT40 is a subzero.. the GT gets a very very cool vote from me.. (cooler then a 360..)

nthfinity 11-30-2005 11:26 AM

i voted sub-zero

why?
first, its the fastest car i have ever driven... and mabey ever will drive (tho i hope not... but there are only a handful of em that are faster... all but 3 of them i desire)
its got the looks of a historic winning race car
its faster then the race car
its terreibly impractical
its easy to drive
SOOOOO MUUUUUCH POWWWER
its the perfect driving position
its a drivers' car, no electronic nannies
"the way ferrari used to make cars"
this car will steal the attention away from any other supercar
people will drive 100mph+ on the highway to get a second glimps of this car
Its the way America does a supercar (some say its wrong, but look at the original)
i've never met a dick-head owner :-D
i could go on, and on... this car is simply AMAZING!!!!!

i prolly should've voted cool, since thats where it will end up... but thats now how i feel about this landmark Ford street car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.

4mpg... 17 gallons... 15.7 laps of Spa... going flat out, my estimate is this would be about 50 minuites :wink:

tigerx 11-30-2005 11:38 AM

subzero for me why:

- look drop dead gorgeous
- rich heritage
- price
- power
- JC own one
- i want one
- The best american supercar.

TT 11-30-2005 01:20 PM

IMO they went too far in their revival try.. ok to create a car replicating the lines of the original, but they just overdid, almost creating an identical car :bah:
Still desirable, but uncool

|Nuno| 11-30-2005 03:34 PM

Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.

mindgam3 11-30-2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.

My thoughts exactly

If you've ever seen the original and this side by side, you know which one is sub zero and which is uncool ;)

The original looks low, sleek and super fast.

The new one looks bulky and cartoon like in comparison

raphaelws 11-30-2005 09:32 PM

seriously uncool

1- Ugly
2- Too wide
3- 4 miles to gallon
4- The door has a 'roof'

SilviaEvo 11-30-2005 11:09 PM

id say cool thats it

RAMMIUS 12-01-2005 06:50 AM

I like the design , but the engineering it`s just :lol: :lol: :lol:

sentra_dude 12-01-2005 11:58 AM

Very, very cool, but not sub-zero.

Why is the mpg such a big deal? :?

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool. :|

Anonymous 12-01-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool. :|

Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking ;-) Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Zot09 12-01-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL
Quote:

Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking ;-) Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

1) The styling is copied from the original waaaayyyyyy too much. At least add a little bit of creativty Ford!!
2) Due to this lack of creativity, I think the car has no soul. It doesn't show the hard work and passion that is supposed to go into a super car.
3) It's a Ford, sorry. A few of my friends drive Fords(Focus, Mustang, etc) and I am not impressed at all by their quality. I'm sure the GT is different from the Mustang in terms of quality, but...well, I don't know what I am trying to say.
:lol:

Anonymous 12-01-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zot09
Quote:

Originally Posted by AL
Quote:

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

He GAVE it back to ford for a refund. He wouldn't sell it on the open market as he basically got one because he is Jeremy Clarkson, didn't want to make a profit on it, against his ethics and all that.
He then bought it back, don't know if it was from ford or a private dealer (it was offered at a dealer for a while) if it was from a dealer it probably cost him a hefty sum extra :lol: