Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Jokes and Humour (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Squid On Suzuki GSX-R Owned - Speeders Fight Back (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60125)

pagani 12-15-2008 11:04 AM

Squid On Suzuki GSX-R Owned - Speeders Fight Back

Pretty funny
:laugh::laugh:

Strop 12-15-2008 11:27 AM

Hahahahhahahaha.....that was funny....but i think she like it.

10000rpmlover 12-15-2008 01:06 PM

you just know him and that red head got together after this, I would be getting a GSXR too but the wife would kill me... and since I look like the bald guy from ghost hunters, this defense will be nill....

entertaining, made my morning thanx

Minacious 12-15-2008 01:14 PM

Unless that bike has some extensive motor work done, it will come nowhere near 200mph. Then there is that ending which is a real good indicator of the type of rider we are dealing with.

xbeakerx 12-15-2008 02:12 PM

that was priceless!!! the end was great!! i'm still laughing!!!

pagani 12-15-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover (Post 860774)
you just know him and that red head got together after this, I would be getting a GSXR too but the wife would kill me... and since I look like the bald guy from ghost hunters, this defense will be nill....

entertaining, made my morning thanx

You look like bad a motorfucker?

Mattk 12-16-2008 01:08 AM

Hahaha! What an idiot! He's lucky he still got to keep his licence.

RC45 12-16-2008 01:15 AM

He was riding a black and red motorcycle - yet the cop says he observed a silver motorcycle.

Someone lied under oath.....

Mattk 12-16-2008 01:39 AM

^So what? Ray didn't dispute the act of speeding. He attempted to establish the defence of necessity - that he was under attack from horny girls and needed to speed up to escape their clutches.

RC45 12-16-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattk (Post 860809)
^So what? Ray didn't dispute the act of speeding. He attempted to establish the defence of necessity - that he was under attack from horny girls and needed to speed up to escape their clutches.

The cop still gave false testimony.. lied under oath... commited purgery....

79TA 12-16-2008 02:24 AM

lol, that was a good laugh. I'm not really sure how the cop ended up calling it silver.

pagani 12-16-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79TA (Post 860815)
lol, that was a good laugh. I'm not really sure how the cop ended up calling it silver.

Maby he was blinded by the squid?
:laugh::laugh:

Mattk 12-16-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

The cop still gave false testimony.. lied under oath... commited purgery....
And that is where you are wrong. He wasn't a witness. He was a prosecutor. He could say anything he wanted to, without objection.

There are many other funny videoes on the website.
http://www.trutv.com/shows/speeders_fight_back/index.html

RC45 12-16-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattk (Post 860831)
And that is where you are wrong. He wasn't a witness. He was a prosecutor. He could say anything he wanted to, without objection.

Good to know false charges, lies and falsified evidence are the norm in Australia... without objection.

And I do believe when the cop said "I witnessed a silver motorcycle..." he became the witness for the "prosecution"... and if he got the colour of the bike wrong then he probably made the rest up as well.

Mattk 12-16-2008 01:01 PM

Well it's not exactly false if the accused admits to it. Furthermore, the officer could have simply explained that it appeared silver at first glance and when he followed it, it became apparent that it was not, but it didn't matter because he was more concerned about dealing with the accused, the rider of the motorcycle. The colour of the motorcycle was immaterial in this case. Furthermore, it was caught on camera and broadcast to a national audience. Not a lot of wriggle room for lies.

To have the officer who wrote the ticket prosecute the offence is a bizarre circumstance which usually isn't allowed because he may well be called as a witness. It is potential misconduct for a lawyer to take on a case if they expect to be called as a witness. In my state, for all summary matters, a sergeant from Prosecutors Command will take over. This show is about a summary court for the purpose of adjudicating non-criminal matters so certain rules can be relaxed, I suppose. It seems they are, because there does not seem to be any procedure to have witnesses testify.

But the basic principle stands - a prosecutor is not under oath. If they lie, that is a matter for the Law Society/Bar Association (if the prosecutor is a lawyer), or the police supervisors (if a police prosecutor). They still can't lie and fudge things, but it ain't a crime.

Lastly, lighten up, buddy! This was supposed to be funny! :)