Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Cool Wall (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   McLaren MP4 12C (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61604)

System 10-04-2009 02:29 PM

McLaren MP4 12C
 
http://www.motorworld.net/pictures/coolwall/301.jpg

pagani 10-04-2009 02:42 PM

I am starting to like this car

luke deluxe 10-04-2009 04:48 PM

Hmm i don't know :?: I hoped it would be cooler, more in your face !

5vz-fe 10-04-2009 05:57 PM

The first Mclaren is not exactly very bold either if you come to think about it.

enzoferrari 10-04-2009 09:49 PM

Just cool.

marcefer 10-04-2009 11:03 PM

Kind of like it. But I'd have to explain that she's NOT a Ferrari ans she's NOT a Lambo.

luke deluxe 10-06-2009 11:48 AM

I know it's not a Ferrari or Lamborghini, it will never be like them..But look at the McLaren F1 ! it was cool and very speciel in it's own way. But maybe one day i will like the new car :-)

yg60m 10-06-2009 03:41 PM

Subzero for me. As for the F1, it seems a bit discreet compare to other flamboyant italians but it grows on me more and more !

mayer 10-06-2009 04:23 PM

I'm going to say cool because how can 600 horsepower not be cool in such a light modern car (relatively speaking compared to its competitors).

The looks are seriously uncool though; too generic and bulbous.

RC45 10-06-2009 05:56 PM

The car sperformance cannot make up for the bland looks.

Vansquish 10-14-2009 10:37 AM

It looks too bland and doesn't have the sense of occasion about it that the F1 did. It's going to be quick and probably a great car, but it just doesn't seem special enough.

pitfield 10-15-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45 (Post 870901)
The car sperformance cannot make up for the bland looks.

Do you want to bet?

I think this car is going to be the benchmark.

I like it's looks, I like more it's carbon construction, it's specific output, it's technology.

Mark my words; this will be the class leader. 458 Italia? Near miss.

RC45 10-15-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitfield (Post 871077)
Do you want to bet?

I think this car is going to be the benchmark.

I like it's looks, I like more it's carbon construction, it's specific output, it's technology.

Mark my words; this will be the class leader. 458 Italia? Near miss.

$100 says not a chance. :)

You saying this car i sgoing to be a 255mph, 0-62mph in 2s, 9s 1/4 mile 1.2G grip inducing car off the show room floor?

This car is a pathetic attempt by McLaren to rekindle the long lost glory days - too little car, too late tothe market. ;)

pitfield 10-15-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45 (Post 871085)
$100 says not a chance. :)

You saying this car i sgoing to be a 255mph, 0-62mph in 2s, 9s 1/4 mile 1.2G grip inducing car off the show room floor?

This car is a pathetic attempt by McLaren to rekindle the long lost glory days - too little car, too late tothe market. ;)

Yeah, what ever, and I cannot understand all this talk of g force, it depends on too many vaiables to really describe a car's handling. How wide is the circle? How fast. It's about changing direction as well as holding a line.

And I'll bet you 100 sterlings

RC45 10-15-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitfield (Post 871086)
Yeah, what ever, and I cannot understand all this talk of g force, it depends on too many vaiables to really describe a car's handling. How wide is the circle? How fast. It's about changing direction as well as holding a line.

That is the most creative repackage of the hp/l argument I have ever seen.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.