Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The most overpriced and/or overrated cars? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4593)

antonioledesma 01-12-2004 12:47 AM

The most overpriced and/or overrated cars?

Which are the cars u think are extremely expensive or overpriced, and the ones u think everyone says it's the ultimate car, the best ones, etc. and they aren't?

thanx for your opinions
mine are:

- overpriced: any brabus (you could buy almost any ferrari, astons, lambos, better and more exotic), the Dodge Ram SRT10 (an attempt to catch on the lightning, and both pucke-ups are dumb, is better if u buy a Ford F350 and nobody will mess w/you), the VW touareg (ugly and I'd like more a bmwx5, volvo suv, range rover), almost any crossover that manufacturers think you'll pay a lot more because it's a "new concept" (chevy ssr for example), and lots of american cars that cost more than $40k, including suv, sport cars

- overrated: teens and young adults in my country die for the new srt4 (even when it has 235hp, bla, bla bla, it can't do any miracles for the stupid way they drive). New super or turbo charged vehicles that are designed to be sporty and such things (but they kiss my old beetle's ass because they are shitty cars)

any comment, disagreement, etc. please write some

asthenia 01-12-2004 12:49 AM

Bentley and Rolls. Everything each company's made in the last, say, 20 years. I mean, I'm sure they're great cars, but they're not The Best Cars On Planet Earth. They're just not.

zevolv 01-12-2004 12:52 AM

definetly the SSr and the new H2 the H2 must die I want to take a HUMMER and run down every H2 at my local dealer. Escalades suck too. NSX also.

deth 01-12-2004 12:54 AM

over-priced & over-rated: hummer H2

deth 01-12-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zevolv
NSX also.

really? i'd say its under rated cuz of its badge...over-priced? maybe...

zevolv 01-12-2004 12:56 AM

I meant that it was overpriced

snacky 01-12-2004 12:59 AM

Infinity G35 is overrated and overpriced. Why should I buy a G35 when I could get a Lexus GS430 with a V8 that has MORE POWER than either the G35 and BMW 540i ?

crossover = fancy word for station wagon

X-ale 01-12-2004 01:13 AM

Re: The most overpriced and/ overrated cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
the VW touareg

It got the same chassis and suspension and the base transmission of a Cayenne (not turbo) and you can get a V-10 TDI with very nice specs (2003 second best engine of the year after the renesis rotary). It maybe kinda ugly but it`s sure better than looking than the Cayenne...well me thinks... and bring on the biodiesel :)

levensnevel 01-12-2004 01:16 AM

As a rule of thumb you just have to verify a car's marketvalue after 12 - 24 - 36 - 48 - 60 months of registration.
Than you'll know and the result might come as a real shock :wink:

corvette97 01-12-2004 01:24 AM

bentley and rolls? wtf?, they are nice cars but overpriced, i know that the interior and shit, but i mean if would spend money on cars, i would buy something fresh and cool, not a super luxury car, but i am the type of guy that thinks that the diferent cars have diferent ideals, bentley=luxury, ferrari=fast, toyota=economy, and so on, but it depends on ur likes, i wouln't pay 400k$ on a bentley, i rather pay that for a jaguar xj supercar

antonioledesma 01-12-2004 01:36 AM

Re: The most overpriced and/ overrated cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-ale
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
the VW touareg

It got the same chassis and suspension and the base transmission of a Cayenne (not turbo) and you can get a V-10 TDI with very nice specs (2003 second best engine of the year after the renesis rotary). It maybe kinda ugly but it`s sure better than looking than the Cayenne...well me thinks... and bring on the biodiesel :)

maybe you can have the most powerful engine, the best chasis platform, but the touareg... isn't a mercedes, a bmw, a range, it tries, but is a suv that has been thrashed in critics, overall performance

as a srt 10, u can have the best engine, but it doesn't reaches the level it wants

DMbaseball1604 01-12-2004 01:41 AM

H2's are over rated and over priced, I absolutely cannot stand those things!

On the other hand I think the Ford GT will be the best car for your money...

davmac 01-12-2004 01:55 AM

i think corvettes are over rated

racer_f50 01-12-2004 01:57 AM

over-rated: Porsche :lol:
over-priced: Motorhomes. they get such crappy gas mileage that you should be paid to buy them, not pay hundreds of thousands to get one.

Chaos in 1983! 01-12-2004 02:07 AM

I agree with davmac...corvettes are extremely over rated...I hate how everything is compared to it even if it's not in the same range...