Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Would this make you suspicious? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38929)

RC45 06-30-2006 08:59 PM

Would this make you suspicious?

Imagine a neighbour 3 doors down has an attempted break-in in a side door on at 2am Tuesday morning, and you have your car vandalized at 2am on Thursday morning .....

Then Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon sales people for an alarm company are walking from door to door in your section of the subdivision.

Pure co-incidence?

Or suspicious event?

Either way I reported the incident to the police.

666fast 06-30-2006 09:01 PM

It does seem fishy and I certainly wouldn't put it past some people to do that sort of thing.

bmagni 06-30-2006 09:02 PM

lol
if its them then they're pretty stupid

blinkmeat 06-30-2006 09:03 PM

fuck him up just for being a douche
police action is semi-homo

MartijnGizmo 06-30-2006 09:05 PM

Beat 'em up first, ask question later! :twisted: :lol:

RC45 06-30-2006 09:07 PM

If coincidental, then these sales people are the luckiest chumps alive and should go buy a Lotto ticket.

I mean, talk about "perfect customers" - paranoid crime victims a day shy of the nasty deed.

I mean, I don't think we have ever had door to door alarm sales people call before.. and they just happen to arrive the day after?

The cop agreed and said that I would be foolish not to report the odd coincidence.

I wonder if there is a correlation to vandalism outbreaks to new alarm sales drives... :P

MartijnGizmo 06-30-2006 09:17 PM

Well, after all, paranoia and fear are great salestactics!

RC45 06-30-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Well, after all, paranoia and fear are great salestactics!

Of course they are.. but the pdds of "stumbling" into a little 7 house enclave in a low crime area on a Thursday afternoon that just by chance has been hit twice in the last 3 days must be pretty low... ;)

r2r 06-30-2006 11:46 PM

Did you managed to get the names of the sales people?

I would give them a visit if it was me!!

ZfrkS62 06-30-2006 11:47 PM

should have invited them to come back later and had the cops there waiting when they arrived. If they run at the first sight of the squad car, then i'd say you have your bastards :wink:

gottacatchup 07-01-2006 02:35 AM

It might just be that the alarm company has a way of tracking police reports and just go to areas that have had break-ins and the like reported.

But i probably would have done the same thing you're doing and report them to the authorities, better safe than sorry.

RC45 07-01-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottacatchup
It might just be that the alarm company has a way of tracking police reports and just go to areas that have had break-ins and the like reported.

But i probably would have done the same thing you're doing and report them to the authorities, better safe than sorry.

Tracking police reports of a 3 old hour case?

ZfrkS62 07-01-2006 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottacatchup

not to mention that there is no way th epolice would share that info with a company.

gottacatchup 07-01-2006 02:49 AM

^^I'm not saying they do it legally just that it might be highly lucrative for a security company to have a man on the inside to clue them into areas that have just been hit by a crime or series of crimes.

Mattk 07-01-2006 07:52 AM

I would definitely be suspicious. Too much of a coincidence. Once, OK, but not twice.