Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ferrari Pictures and Videos (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   '99 355F1 with the best exhaust ever (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60672)

RCV 03-18-2009 09:43 AM

'99 355F1 with the best exhaust ever

Hello everyone

Just wanted to share this awesome symphony IŽve recorded with you guys.. onboard a 355F1 with Challenge exhaust in tunnel runs and outside views as well.. itŽs the best sound ever !!

Thanks !!

Strop 03-18-2009 10:45 AM

The best ferrari sound for me (street)...this is a good exhaust, one catalytic converter after each manifold and one big muffler in the center, at the back of the engine....it's light but very fragile.

Nice video, but i guess the sound is better when you are at the front seat. :mrgreen:

MidEngine4Life 03-18-2009 02:22 PM

Great video. Awesome sound. I love driving a car with presence. People really do get out of your way. I used to get that all the time in my first Fiero GT (Modified of course)

10000rpmlover 03-18-2009 06:57 PM

lol that was cool, reminds me of that one time I drove my RX-7 without a muffler thru a tunnel on my way to the shop where I ordered the Amemiya, loudest friggin thing ever

WTf... ??? did he just get beat at a light by a station wagon???

RCV 03-19-2009 10:09 AM

Hahahaha it happens.

But having a car like this is a true therapy for the weekends..

Thanks everyone

Strop 03-19-2009 10:23 AM

It was an Audi RS2....wasn't it?

RCV 03-19-2009 04:06 PM

Yes, a tuned one, 450 hp.. if you wanna keep up with it you better have a F430.. Modenas arenŽt fast enough.

Pokiou 03-21-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover (Post 864891)
lol that was cool, reminds me of that one time I drove my RX-7 without a muffler thru a tunnel on my way to the shop where I ordered the Amemiya, loudest friggin thing ever

WTf... ??? did he just get beat at a light by a station wagon???

Howd you keep it from stalling with out any back pressure ?

10000rpmlover 03-21-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou (Post 864990)
Howd you keep it from stalling with out any back pressure ?

turbo rotary engine + back pressure = massive fail

rev rev rev, besides it is a turbo, back then I never expected it to be a problem and it realy wasn't, I averaged 90 mph for the 12 mile ride and kept it on first gear while in town, like I said, loudest thing ever, RE amemiya exhaust was waiting at shop for me anyway

I don't think you would have to worry about something like that while you still had the cat and the pipe, muffler was cut off due to me absolutely hating it, ask any FD3S owner if they enjoy the stock muffler sound and they will puke, the RE amemiya replaced everything from the cat and beyond and I have been happy with the sound for the past 7 years, it is a high pitched noise reminiscent of F1 cars but it is not deafening loud either, I did experiment with custom set ups and a borla before settling with the RE-amemiya titanium

dfarah 07-24-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strop (Post 864877)
The best ferrari sound for me (street)...this is a good exhaust, one catalytic converters after each manifold and one big muffler in the center, at the back of the engine....it's light but very fragile.

Nice video, but i guess the sound is better when you are at the front seat. :mrgreen:

Lol.. I agree with you with that. The cat converter is just there when you need it. Nice one.