Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   What Do You Drive Or Ride ? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pics of my cars (F430 (2x), 599, 997 GT3 RS, SL550, CLK63... (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35755)

gigdy 10-29-2009 02:08 PM

Did you consider an f50 over the enzo?

Erez 10-29-2009 05:21 PM

still around.. not as much.. but its better than nothing I guess :mrgreen:
and a person would have to be legally insane to not 'freak' out on your cars 8-)

magwheel 10-29-2009 09:59 PM

All my dogs

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity (Post 871328)
Good to hear Michael :) Seems all is well... in that time, we are not quite as chatty as we used to be unfortunately.

How are the dogs doing?

Hi NTH, Thanks for asking about the dogs. I had a real bad year and a half starting in Dec. of 07. :-( From Dec. of 07 till March of this year, my 3 Labrador Retrievers passed away (2 from cancer and the oldest passed away 1 month shy of 15 years old. I also lost my pet rabbit (wild) that I adopted and lived with me for 6 1/2 years and my Persian cat, Winston, who lived to be just a few months shy of 18 years old.

As much as I love my cars, I'd give them all up to have all my dogs and cats back with me. Cars can't give you the companionship and love a dog or cat can. But, since Dec. of 07, I have adopted 3 more dogs and 2 cats so the house is full of craziness again.

So you're saying this new forum isn't as active as Jabbas World use to be? :?:

magwheel 10-29-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcefer (Post 871329)
Not long ago I re-read this thread and was wondering if you had vanished or were simply too busy driving ;-). Please update us!

Nah.... I'm still alive and well! Just got burned out posting on all the forums and needed a psychiatric rest! :banghead:
Give me a few days or more and I'll give you some info on the new rides. It's nice to be missed! :thumbup: Mags

magwheel 10-29-2009 10:06 PM

new gt3

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireguy (Post 871385)
i see you pulled the trigger on a new gt3 - driving impressions?

Hey fireguy, Yep... The dealer in Cleveland gave me a trade deal :w00t: on my 08 BMW M3 for the 2010 GT3 that I couldn't pass up. Details to follow shortly. Mags

magwheel 10-29-2009 10:20 PM

f50 over the enzo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigdy (Post 871413)
Did you consider an f50 over the enzo?

Hi gigdy, When I was looking to buy the Enzo up in Cleveland, there was a F50 from the same collection the dealer bought the Enzo from as well as a F40 and 288 GTO!!! Both the F40 and 288 GTO were sold before I got there and I didn't even get a chance to see them in person. But in regards to the Enzo vs the F50, as nice as the F50 is and looks, the Enzo is so much more 'electric', it's unreal! :drool: Plus the F50 is really a bit more cramped for a person my size compared to the Enzo.

To be honest, I like the looks of the F40 better than the F50. The F40 with that huge wing just looks so much more aggressive, that it turns me on big time. Kinda like 38DDs. :laugh: Mags

magwheel 10-29-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erez (Post 871415)
still around.. not as much.. but its better than nothing I guess :mrgreen:
and a person would have to be legally insane to not 'freak' out on your cars 8-)

Hey Erez, My fellow MOT! ;-) How ya doing kid? Speaking of 'freaking out', are you still over there or are you over here nowadays? Mags

nthfinity 10-30-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwheel (Post 871421)
As much as I love my cars, I'd give them all up to have all my dogs and cats back with me. Cars can't give you the companionship and love a dog or cat can. But, since Dec. of 07, I have adopted 3 more dogs and 2 cats so the house is full of craziness again.

Your absolutely right. My retriever died of cancer about 4 months ago. For his last few weeks (which were very comfortable, and enjoyable right up until his last day with us); we got a companion. They got along wonderfully, and the new dog is great... but it was a terribly dificult thing to go to the vet one last time with Cliff. :(

gigdy 10-30-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwheel (Post 871424)
Hi gigdy, When I was looking to buy the Enzo up in Cleveland, there was a F50 from the same collection the dealer bought the Enzo from as well as a F40 and 288 GTO!!! Both the F40 and 288 GTO were sold before I got there and I didn't even get a chance to see them in person. But in regards to the Enzo vs the F50, as nice as the F50 is and looks, the Enzo is so much more 'electric', it's unreal! :drool: Plus the F50 is really a bit more cramped for a person my size compared to the Enzo.

To be honest, I like the looks of the F40 better than the F50. The F40 with that huge wing just looks so much more aggressive, that it turns me on big time. Kinda like 38DDs. :laugh: Mags

Just the answer i was looking for. Thanks!

Erez 11-01-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwheel (Post 871425)
Hey Erez, My fellow MOT! ;-) How ya doing kid? Speaking of 'freaking out', are you still over there or are you over here nowadays? Mags

I was in the US for a while (NJ SoCal and Miami :mrgreen: ) but I came back.. I'm in Law School atm.. (I know.. I know.. another one.. :laugh:)
sorry to hear about your pets.. I only have one Labrador.. and she moved to Miami with my sister and her husband about 2 months ago.. the house feels weird without her.. :-(
I really don't want to think about the day she'll leave us (9 years old now), but I know I'll never be ready for it.. glad to her you bounced right back and adopted pets pretty fast.. I'm just really happy I can at least see my dog a lot over Skype and all..
anyways.. ahh.. oh yeah I moved over to the dark side since 2008, been riding a Yamaha R6 (can't afford a car that can match the thrills.. yet.. :-D)

I don't have much spare time for forums now days with school and all.. and I guess facebook is where I spend some of my free time.. with my mom living in Australia, and my sister in Miami.. lol facebook and Skype is the main ways of communication for me it seems.. I still make sure to pop in to ex-JW once a day or so to see whats going on.. so keep us posted ;-)

GarthKnight08 11-02-2009 10:24 AM

Hey Magwheel has anybody ever been ignorant or just acted like a jealous idiot around any of your cars in public? I ask this because i would be paranoid to park any of those anywhere, especially the Enzo. Ive had people yell & throw things at me in a Mustang, i could imagine what they would say in a Ferrari.