Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Videogames (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Forza Vid 12:08 (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15086)

FordGTGuy 08-26-2004 10:28 AM

Forza Vid 12:08

http://www.gamezone.tv/videos/forrza.wmv

low quality but hey good information

dziunk14 08-26-2004 04:59 PM

You have reasons

vexor 08-26-2004 07:20 PM

OMG OMG, this game will blow every other racing game away!!!

Only 8 players max on Xbox Live?

RC45 08-26-2004 09:40 PM

I don't know about "blow every other game away" - the video did not look that impressive.

Pretty much in line with current games. I suspect the handling engine is going to feel and react like Sega2002.

vexor 08-26-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
I don't know about "blow every other game away" - the video did not look that impressive.

Pretty much in line with current games. I suspect the handling engine is going to feel and react like Sega2002.

Waht?!?!?!? Sega GT 2002 realistic driving engine? no way, Toca 2 had a more realistic driving engine.

RC45 08-26-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexor
Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45

Waht?!?!?!? Sega GT 2002 realistic driving engine? no way, Toca 2 had a more realistic driving engine.

Uhm - that's my point. Sega2002 sucked :D (as does PGR2 in a way... ;))

They put more effort and emphasis in the "decal placement" and "bumper replacement" than needed.

Can you say RICE ;)

And the "dyno chart" is nothing special. SO far I see nothing that differentiats the game from any other title out there.

It is going to be a "nice to have" game - but as I say - so far nothing more that GT3 already had 4 years ago.. :P

Oh - and if they had to "read a popular US car magazine" to be able to determine their "certain ferrari" handled a certain way - just goes to show.

2 years of development means jack shit if never actually drive the cars... :P

p.s. Have Ferrari and everyone signed off on allowing damage modelling for their road cars?

FordGTGuy 08-26-2004 09:54 PM

RC45 you gotta do some research this game takes you to GT-4 lvls and higher.

RC45 08-26-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
RC45 you gotta do some research this game takes you to GT-4 lvls and higher.

Nope sorry - was not impressed at all with that video show boat of the game.

All that shit is simply eye candy.

Stickers and body kits? WTF.. ;)

Persistant paint scrapes and tyre tracks is nothing new.

If I buy it - it would simply be for the social online racing aspect -as with PGR2.

Without a force-feedback wheel it is just going be an arcade game :)

Xploded 08-26-2004 10:11 PM

Looks good, I will give it ago when it comes out.

T-Bird 08-26-2004 10:16 PM

well considering this game is coming out the same time as GT4, Halo 2 and San Andreas it will be far down on my list of games to get to, I prefer to stick to things I know before I start a new series.

This game better be better than the last "most realistic driving simulation" for Xbox, Toca 2 sucked major ass a waste of $25, every fucking car spun out on you.

FordGTGuy 08-26-2004 10:21 PM

RC45 check out the other article about forza read it all then get back to me about the game and tell me about a 100 layers of eye candy and the show boat game.

RC45 08-26-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
RC45 check out the other article about forza read it all then get back to me about the game and tell me about a 100 layers of eye candy and the show boat game.

I've read em all.

Just listening to that clown at the press release was enough for me to know it is aimed at the FnF crowd.

That jack-ass had NO idea what he was taling about as far as the automotive engineering part went.

And seriously - according to him - they found out that a "certain Ferrari" handled as in real life after they read a magazine article?

WTF - :roll:

That right there was enough for me to discard it as an arcade game.

T-Bird 08-26-2004 10:42 PM

He's got a point there.
Atleast with GT4 they spent thousands of hours driving every single car in the game and drove some that didn't make the cut, they know what those cars are capable of doing not what they are claimed to be able to do.

vexor 08-26-2004 10:56 PM

sigh... guys just rent the game when it comes out and see how much better it is than GT3 or 4.

btw does GT4 have damadge?

5vz-fe 08-26-2004 11:00 PM

^ GT4 does not have damage, I think due to car manufature complaining, but they do have crashing penalty if u would like to enable them.