Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rules for this Forum- Updated Feb. 15 2007 (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26661)

RC45 06-25-2005 01:07 AM

Rules for this Forum- Updated Feb. 15 2007

Folks, you are welcome to come and discuss and debate and chat about all things "Muscle Car" and or American performance cars.

Please leave any obvious prejudice or dislike of particular models outside - random pointless anti-American car trolling and incendiary threads and or posts will be deleted.

If you have a rabid dislike for and despise the Viper - keep it to yourself - there is really no value to coming in here and trashing the Viper and not expect Viper supporters to get all feisty.

Same holds true for Corvette or Mustang etc.

There is also no point in just showing up to spout Porsche Rules or Ferrari owns in ever second thread.

For a year I let this all go by hoping that somehow maturity and common sense would rule - but apparently not.

So - after a year of no rules - we now are going have strictly enforced rules of conduct and behaviour.

----------------------------------
RULE per nthfinity:
- Post something based on experience, some article, lap time, or performance figure. I am all for that
otherwise
- Post an opinion based on mud, watch it get edited/deleated.

- Post an attack on another member, watch your post be edited/deleated.

- "LOL" and other similar responces (no content posts) will be deleated.

- Stay on topic. [this is somewhat grey, and will be at my discression. If you have something else to post, make a new topic]

- No posting in the Ultimate Performance topics unless you are adding to the knowlege! It will be deleated otherwise

- Slander won't be tollerated
Users unallowed posting rights in the American Muscle forum
Brembo

antonioledesma 06-25-2005 01:21 AM

lol... I was just reading the C6 Z06 Nurburgring times thread and I was about to give a shitty opinion, but then RC locked the thread :mrgreen:
at last this forum has some rules, it surely was one hell of forum having everyone pissing and flaming each other

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
P.S. 99 out of 100 people, or so, will think this vette looks a lot better than your C5.

btw... I like more the C5 than the new one. So it's 98 out of 100 :mrgreen:

T-Bird 06-25-2005 01:55 AM

finally we can have some order in here.
it did get kind of annoying having everyone come in and piss on us American car guys (not that I don't like others)

Jabba 06-25-2005 10:38 AM

Good and sensible set of rules 8)

dingo 06-25-2005 10:58 AM

Do these rules apply to you in the Ferrari forum for example?

TransAm 06-25-2005 11:03 AM

That's Alex's call, surely?

RC, rules noted, although I'd not consider myself a flamer. I have a Judge Dredd-esque image of you right now, all tooled up and ready to enforce the law :mrgreen: :lol:

RC45 06-25-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingo
Do these rules apply to you in the Ferrari forum for example?

For the record - go back and tally up the posts I made over there - very few, and I ended up only sauntering in a number of times because many Tifosi just came in here to piss on my post toasties anyway... ;)

Besides that - Alex and my on-forum love-hate relationship is ours to manage.. :P ;)

SPEEDKILLAR 06-25-2005 02:15 PM

Re: Rules for this Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Folks, you are welcome to come and discuss and debate and chat about all things "Muscle Car" and or American performance cars.

Please leave any obvious prejudice or dislike of particular models outside - random pointless anti-American car trolling and incendiary threads and or posts will be deleted.

If you have a rabid dislike for and despise the Viper - keep it to yourself - there is really no value to coming in here and trashing the Viper and not expect Viper supporters to get all feisty.

Same holds true for Corvette or Mustang etc.

There is also no point in just showing up to spout Porsche Rules or Ferrari owns in ever second thread.

For a year I let this all go by hoping that somehow maturity and common sense would rule - but apparently not.

So - after a year of no rules - we now are going have strictly enforced rules of conduct and behaviour.

hhmmm??, Seems you can't take the heat :P j/k

Yes I think this is a better way, it becomes unpleasant sometimes. But don't forget, these rules also apply to you in the other dedicated threads.

nthfinity 05-03-2006 07:20 PM

i'm going to be amending the rules a bit shortly

ZfrkS62 05-03-2006 07:22 PM

took ya long enough :P :mrgreen: