Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Read em and weep... (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29731)

RC45 09-16-2005 10:21 PM

Read em and weep...

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data...38Image002.jpg

Caplax40 09-16-2005 11:04 PM

I see a blurry number then a .2...is that 6.2lbs per hp? I guess I could go find that ad in my Road & Track.....BUT I DEMAND AN ANSWER! :)

skituner 09-16-2005 11:14 PM

merry fucking chirstmas, its still a corvette.

Caplax40 09-16-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skituner

Great here we go....cue RC45's rebuttal.....

RC45 09-16-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caplax40
Quote:

What rebuttal?

"it's still a corvette" is a typical fanboy, benchracer, wannabe, camry driving losers answer ;) BTW - Which Ferrari does he drive? :P :lol:

Facts are facts.

62lbs/hp - the number is just another in a long stream of numbers that validate how the C6 Z06 is just continuing what the C5 Z06 started 5 years ago.

The fact that eye-ball squashing performance was now available for "ordinary folks" pisses all the wanna-be posers off no end.

:)

Must suck to be a supporter of something "just for the image" :P

Those numbers again:
sub 3.6ish-s 0-60 - 11.6ish-s 1/4 mile @ 125mph+, 7m42s Northloop, 200mph top speed - and all this for $65,000USD ;)

stracing 09-16-2005 11:44 PM

yea yea, still makes me wish i had a camry though :P

Caplax40 09-17-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Quote:

What rebuttal?

"it's still a corvette" is a typical fanboy, benchracer, wannabe, camry driving losers answer ;) BTW - Which Ferrari does he drive? :P :lol:

Facts are facts.

62lbs/hp - the number is just another in a long stream of numbers that validate how the C6 Z06 is just continuing what the C5 Z06 started 5 years ago.

The fact that eye-ball squashing performance was now available for "ordinary folks" pisses all the wanna-be posers off no end.

Those numbers again:
sub 3.6ish-s 0-60 - 11.6ish-s 1/4 mile @ 125mph+, 7m42s Northloop, 200mph top speed - and all this for $65,000USD ;)

Whoa. That's a lot of hostility to a guy with an opposing view. I would think that a moderator would show a little more respect and maturity.

RC45 09-17-2005 12:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Quote:

What rebuttal?

Facts are facts.

Those numbers again:

Whoa. That's a lot of hostility to a guy with an opposing view. I would think that a moderator would show a little more respect and maturity.

Not one iota of hostility. :) the Relpy is peppered with smiling emoticons. :)

He can have any opposing view he wants. It is after all his view, right or not ;)

The numbers - they don't lie.

There was once a time when Ferraris had more than image to carry their street cars to the top of the performance heap - sadly those days are gone ;)

Again - the numbers speak for themselves :P ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stracing
yea yea, still makes me wish i had a camry though :P

Sure it does ;) :P

saadie 09-17-2005 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin005
im not trying to be funny but where do the Enzo and Zonda go on that list??

and the CCR :?

RC45 09-17-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saadie
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin005
im not trying to be funny but where do the Enzo and Zonda go on that list??

and the CCR :?

Probably exactly where cars that cost MILLIONS of dollars should go ;)

HoboPie 09-17-2005 02:39 PM

I'd like to point out that while it's very impressive it's not the only factor, especially when the numbers are that close. For example, the F430 is apparently noticably quicker in a straightline than a Gallardo, yet the power to weight is worse.

bmagni 09-17-2005 02:46 PM

why dont you post hp/lt ???? :wink:

RC45 09-17-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmagni
why dont you post hp/lt ???? :wink:

Becasue that's an acedemic number that losers use to justify their piss slow over priced heaps of crap :P ;)

Why don't you post price/Le Mans wins....??? ;)

When the flag drops the bullshit stops - but you knew that :)

gucom 09-17-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Why don't you post price/Le Mans wins....???
RC, RC, RC u disappoint me there m8...u KNOW that corvette has way less wins, even if u only count 911's and not all-out race cars, than porsche. for the record porsche won the Le Mans 24 hours outright 16 times, 1 of those being 911 (1978 935 was 911-derived) and the number of class victories in Le Mans...i think they stopped counting at 40 or so :P and how many does corvette have? 4? 5?
and in case u say only the current generation counts...i believe porsche has won the GT2 class ever since the 996 started racing on le mans, which was probably in '98 or so...

RC45 09-17-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gucom
Quote:

Why don't you post price/Le Mans wins....???
RC, RC, RC u disappoint me there m8...u KNOW that corvette has way less wins, even if u only count 911's and not all-out race cars, than porsche. for the record porsche won the Le Mans 24 hours outright 16 times, 1 of those being 911 (1978 935 was 911-derived) and the number of class victories in Le Mans...i think they stopped counting at 40 or so :P and how many does corvette have? 4? 5?
and in case u say only the current generation counts...i believe porsche has won the GT2 class ever since the 996 started racing on le mans, which was probably in '98 or so...

Gucom, Gucom, Gucom - you disapoint me there m8... you do the typical "ricer fly by move"....

It is obvious that when one considers the Corvette is a SINGLE car not a manufacturer, that the comparison would be to the class entered and races run since the model in quesiton was conceived ;)

Nice try though :P