Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Videogames (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Forza 2 official thread (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48346)

twboy1999 05-29-2007 11:04 AM

Forza 2 official thread

i decided to create another thread about Forza 2 because it is officially out now, so we can concentrate more on the full game

I am still looking for the game.. supposely it got delayed to the 31 here in canada.

anyone got it yet? any thought?

RC45 05-29-2007 11:08 AM

Re: Forza 2 official thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by twboy1999
i decided to create another thread about Forza 2 because it is officially out now, so we can concentrate more on the full game

I am still looking for the game.. supposely it got delayed to the 31 here in canada.

Bugger - I knew their was a reason why I turned right out the subdivision instead of left this morning - by the time I got to the traffic light I was on autopilot again and headed off to the clients site :P

doh... ;)

I guess I have to try remember to make a detour by GameStop on the way home to pickup my pre-order copy ;)

gis 05-29-2007 12:20 PM

still got 10 days to go here in the UK stupid different release dates :x

5vz-fe 05-29-2007 12:25 PM

Re: Forza 2 official thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Bugger - I knew their was a reason why I turned right out the subdivision instead of left this morning - by the time I got to the traffic light I was on autopilot again and headed off to the clients site :P

doh... ;)

I guess I have to try remember to make a detour by GameStop on the way home to pickup my pre-order copy ;)

I assume that you will still have alittle time to provide us a first hand memeber review right? :D

vexor 05-29-2007 04:27 PM

I've looked around here in vancouver at Best Buy and Futureshop and they also say the 31st.... dam 2 more days

Zot09 05-29-2007 04:36 PM

I was told that the game comes out today, but when I called the Gamestop I pre-ordered the game at, they said it comes in tomorrow...weird...

MUS911 05-29-2007 04:39 PM

Even in Dubai, it will be available on the 31st !!!

666fast 05-29-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zot09
I was told that the game comes out today, but when I called the Gamestop I pre-ordered the game at, they said it comes in tomorrow...weird...

Yup, i found out the hard way. Went to 3 different stores before I was finally told it won't be out untill tomorrow.

What gives? CD's, DVD's, Games etc have always come out on Tuesdays. Douchebags. I was looking forward to it all day long.

FoxFour 05-29-2007 08:08 PM

Just got my phone message from GameStop, telling me that my pre-order copy will be available on the 30th (tomorrow)

RC45 05-29-2007 10:05 PM

I have read over the Prima Guide now, and it really is just Forza 1.5, so the actual game play better be unbelievably good.. (compared to the only 3 lap track of the demo) because the assets really seem like worked over Forza 1 assets, the track list seems a little thin, and there are way too many Japanese tuner cars.

I am trying to temper my excitement, but the M$ Wireless wheel is the big let down.

At least with other games/platforms using the G25 if the game kinda sucks, just turn up the Force Feedback and enjoy the semi-realistic steering/wheel/pedal setup ;)

Yeah I am cynical, but forfucksakes man, Turn 10 had almost 2 years to get this game right, and I don't think they did :P

p.s. It also looks like GM was one of the only manufacturers not willing to allow the Prima Game Guide to include "likenesses" of their cars.. not a single GM product pictured in the guide book :(

acmarttin 05-30-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666fast
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zot09

Yup, i found out the hard way. Went to 3 different stores before I was finally told it won't be out untill tomorrow.

What gives? CD's, DVD's, Games etc have always come out on Tuesdays. Douchebags. I was looking forward to it all day long.

Not that it matters anymore, since it's 9 pm PAC time, but my GS told me that the game is being released tomorrow because of the holiday. They said they already had their copies but they weren't allowed to sell any until 8 AM tomorrow.

Pokiou 05-30-2007 01:47 AM

its out here tomorrow :d

but i dont get paid till next week :/ stupid pay ...

twboy1999 05-30-2007 05:39 PM

i just got it

so far, i havnt driven any fast car yet.. mostly C class and lower, so the little review i have so far is base on that

i just started career moded, and i have played around 15 events (not race).. each event consist of 3-4 races

the AI is very good, is very hard to get first place on the hard setting, and for nomal, it is still very competitive, but you can get 1st place if you know a little bout sim racing games.,.

graphic are prettty nice... but some of teh car's wheel looks retarded

camera angle; the bumper camera angle is simply 2 low to use, other wise i would love to use that angle just like GT series.

each car does drive very different

now here are couple of flaws IMO, the gravel/grass on the track is simply fuck up..
is nice we get punish for going off road like real life, or GT series, slow you down, but for FORZA2 , oh nooo, it doestn slow you down, it literally almost stoped you.. often when i am on the last lap of the race, i get off the track a little, and boom, u wasted you time and gotta restart again

also, this games simply 4 wheel drift 2 easily.. if u let off your brake or gas pedal and just turn,, the car 4 wheel drift.. at least the cars i used so far

and so far all the events i been playing,, keep on repeating the same damn tracks...

i will give more impression once i play more

RC45 05-30-2007 06:32 PM

So-so game made terrible by the worst replay camera angles ever seen in any game - since Forza 1.

WTF?

Are Turn10 this clueless?

The game is nice, the modding is nice.. the AI is nice the races are nice, the painting is nice...

..but youcannot watch a decent replay of the aciton.

What cul dhave been a 7/10 is a 4/10.

It really is a pity, as I hade really high hopes for the title.

Oh well.

novass 05-30-2007 07:11 PM

I preordered the game and its sittin at the store but I don't have time to go pick it up and won't until tomorrow :(

I don't really care about the replay aspect of the game as I hardly every watch them, though I do agree that the angles used (at least on the demo) are shitty. As long as the game is fun to play, looks nice, has a nice assortment of cars and the modding is good...I will be happy. I'll find out tomorrow.

gis 05-30-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

..but youcannot watch a decent replay of the aciton.

What cul dhave been a 7/10 is a 4/10.

lol you are giving it 4/10,dropping it 3 points when you basically say everything is nice about the game,simply because you dont like the replay camera? :P

i dunno about everyone else but i aint buying forza 2 hoping it has a good replay camera,lol :lol: :wink:

acmarttin 05-30-2007 09:07 PM

RC must have been raped by Forza 1 in a dark alley 2 years ago because I really don't know why he's so critical of this game.

Is it a 10? Of fucking course not.

But a 4? Go rent "Tokyo X-Treme Racers" and re-evaluate your opinion (It got a 3.5)

I've been playing it a little and I feel like after all the waiting I'm pretty well satisfied. There's a pretty heavy list of cars I'd like to see in the game that aren't.

I'm going to say it's the best racer out for 360 right now. I've played the major racing titles (major in my opinion - hey I'm a gamer since 86) and I feel like even though it's not as polished as PGR3 it really adds a lot of "actual racing" feel to the genre.

It's not a perfect simulation. But nobody has made a truly perfect video game yet.

Totally worth buying if you're a gamer and a car fan like me.

Can't say the wheel is worth buying. I've never played racing games with a wheel because I've never really had a good place to put one besides my lap. And that sucks.

RC45 05-30-2007 09:18 PM

I never said I never bought it.

But the facts are the things they could have fixed they didn't.

And the stuff they did fix is not that great for a supposed "next generation" game.

The game is not really an improvement over Forza 1.

I spent 2 hours this evening relaxing with it - and the they again took on more than they should have - the result is lots of neat features that are not really polished - even the features from Forza 1 that should have been featured.

And to me, watching an exciting replay in single player is at least 30% of the fun of any game.

This is the reason we all enjoy WATCHINGmotor racing - and not just from in-car or "floating CG" cameras ;)

The model assets are not fantastic and the graphics is NOT "next gen".

It is a great game, and by 2002 or 2003 standard is an aweseom 9/10 - but in the terms of 2007 it is not a 9 by any stretch of the imagination ;)

5vz-fe 05-30-2007 09:46 PM

RC, is there any improvement in the accuracy for the NS? The model in Forza 1 is pure crap compared to the one in GT4.

vexor 05-30-2007 10:14 PM

yay, it came out 1 day before i thought it would come out here in Vancouver

first impressions.. looks like Forza 1.6

the graphics look a bit more polished over the first game but not really "out there"

sound is amazing

physics is almost 100% real

menu and game features are pretty cool and the new car upgrading system is very nice

as for the replays... 100% agree with RC... they're pure crap

RC45 05-30-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
RC, is there any improvement in the accuracy for the NS? The model in Forza 1 is pure crap compared to the one in GT4.

I didn't want to say anything about the C5 Z06 around the Northloop for fear people may think I have a negative view of FM2 ;)

I guess the C5 they used as a chassis model must have had noodles for anti-roll bars, cuz I don't experience as much off throttle oversteer in a straight line as the modelled into it :P

Amd the NS sort of looks like a reworked FM1 asset... not up to GT4 or even Enthusia spec.. and for the love of everything that is precious, why they insist n the flying start on the main straight is beyond belief.

The track seems too wide in some places, and they probably did this to cater for online racing which is a pity.

I must say they addition of different layouts on Tsukuba was interesting and fun though.

5vz-fe 05-30-2007 10:27 PM

It's indeed a pity. The things that sway me into buying a console for a game is usually:

- Steering
- Track Accuracy
- AI
- Replay
- Online Game Play

Seems like Forza failed 3 out of 5.....I guess that's no XBox 360 for me. :|

RC45 05-30-2007 10:30 PM

Try it out at a GameStop or something to be sure - I am not as dissapointed with FM2 as I was with PGR3 ;)

twboy1999 05-30-2007 11:33 PM

i went online to play 2 games..

bunch of jackass online,, they are trying wreck you by purpose, and runing the game

anyone wanna play online? jabbas world forza2 tournament?????

666fast 05-30-2007 11:48 PM

Spent the last 4 hours playing the game.

The game isn't perfect, but it's a lot of fun. The gaphics are darn good, but there are some flaws. Some of the cars have jaggies but it could be my screen. I might have to fiddle with the settings.

Some car models are not right, some of the wheels look deformed, some of the real tracks aren't correct either. Leguna Seca should be a heck of a lot wider.

Yes, the replays do suck. I watched half of one and probably won't watch another unless something crazy happens.

The physics seem decent enough. Not so realistic that it's a bear to drive, but no so dumbed down a 3 year old has a chance at kicking your ass.

I reallly like the grass/dirt effects on the car. You put a tire off the track, you'll feel it pull you in, but no so much you don't have a chance at getting out. It's not a magnet like it was in PGR3. Grass will slow you a bit and dirt will really slow you down.

I don't think the sounds are actual exhaust notes. Some of them really don't seem right. Although, they still sound decent enough.

I'd give it a 8/10. It's a lot of fun, but it's not perfect. I'm not dissapointed, but it didn't quite fully live up to it's hype. Overall, a must have if you like racing games and have a 360. If you don't have a 360, play it first, then decide to buy or not.

Also, Solstice + LS7 = :D

acmarttin 05-30-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

bunch of jackass online,, they are trying wreck you by purpose, and runing the game

Yeah it's a combo of jackasses and lag.

That's the thorn in online racing's mighty shoe. Only like 1% of the people that are playing online are actually sensitive to how real races are conducted, track courtesy, etc.

Lots of bored 13 year old kids.

AAAAANYWAY. I'd love to start a JW racing league with people I just have to find a way to link my XBOX to my modem without buying the $100 wireless router.

RC45 05-31-2007 12:25 AM

Talk about lag... did all y'all notice the long load times - and the hesitation and stuttering in many menus.

I thought it was pretty funny and telling about how close to deadline they worked - as I popped in the disc, a patch for Forza 2 was downloaded :P hehe

acmarttin 05-31-2007 12:29 AM

notice!

Notice to Forza 2 Gamers!

I've caught wind of many, many reports on gamefaqs.com that Forza 2 is crashing a lot of XBox 360 units.

This is affecting mostly older boxes except one person with a brand new elite said that Forza 2 gave his box the red lights o' death.

Precautions that are suggested to prevent your box from crashing are to keep your Xbox in a cool and dry environment. Humidity, I'm reading, is bad for the unit. Also keep the power brick (the thing attached to the power cord) cool, and off of carpet or anything that could block cooling vents on the brick and insulate it. If the power brick overheats, the unit overheats as well.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up because to me, buying a new XBox would be a big hit to the 'ol budget.

Pokiou 05-31-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Quote:

Yeah it's a combo of jackasses and lag.

That's the thorn in online racing's mighty shoe. Only like 1% of the people that are playing online are actually sensitive to how real races are conducted, track courtesy, etc.

Lots of bored 13 year old kids.

AAAAANYWAY. I'd love to start a JW racing league with people I just have to find a way to link my XBOX to my modem without buying the $100 wireless router.

Me and RC45 used to race online and its pure gentleman racing.. i cant stand little shits.

vexor 05-31-2007 01:35 AM

I'm in the JW racing league if anyone wants to race

RC45 05-31-2007 10:44 PM

Re: notice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Notice to Forza 2 Gamers!

I've caught wind of many, many reports on gamefaqs.com that Forza 2 is crashing a lot of XBox 360 units.

This is affecting mostly older boxes except one person with a brand new elite said that Forza 2 gave his box the red lights o' death.

Precautions that are suggested to prevent your box from crashing are to keep your Xbox in a cool and dry environment. Humidity, I'm reading, is bad for the unit. Also keep the power brick (the thing attached to the power cord) cool, and off of carpet or anything that could block cooling vents on the brick and insulate it. If the power brick overheats, the unit overheats as well.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up because to me, buying a new XBox would be a big hit to the 'ol budget.

Bingo...

The first time EVER our XBox360 has locked up. (well not the XBox itslef, but just the game - I could still get to the Dashboard and restart the box)

Ever.

I don't think this piece of software was reday fo r release.. it seems to be unstable ;)

twboy1999 05-31-2007 10:52 PM

yeah, the load time is a bitch

novass 06-01-2007 02:38 AM

So I have just played this game for a few hours and I think I will give it a 7/10. Its not perfect, but its fun. It is definitely not "Forza 2" but more like "Forza 1.5" like everyone else has been saying.

Whats up with the 250 GTO? They did this in Forza 1 and I was sure they were going to correct it. Seriously, who thinks of that body style when they think of 250 GTO? Ferrari made a GTO that looked like that, but thats certainly not "THE" GTO IMO

Also, I haven't unlocked the 911 Turbo yet, but from the ghost image, it looks like the damn thing is sittin on 12" wheels. Anyone unlock it yet? Is it really like that?

acmarttin 06-01-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novass
Also, I haven't unlocked the 911 Turbo yet, but from the ghost image, it looks like the damn thing is sittin on 12" wheels. Anyone unlock it yet? Is it really like that?

I have a 997 turbo and the wheels seemed okay to me. I put aftermarket wheels on all my cars though because most of them can save you 30 - 40 lbs. And I'm into that nitty gritty details stuff.

RC45 06-01-2007 07:46 PM

Pit stops are really child-like

Many stutters and glitches especially in menus - and 3 lockups while driving.

All game software lockups, as the XBox360 remains controllable via Dashboard OS.

Some handling physics routines appear to be locking up at times and the result is spin outs or tyres going off as youtravel in a straight line off throttle.

This is a "fun" game, but not a polished product - shame on the team management for letting this title go in this state.

It's a pity - because ,this title if polished, would be the console racing game - but it's not, so it's not ;)

acmarttin 06-01-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Many stutters and glitches especially in menus - and 3 lockups while driving.

All game software lockups, as the XBox360 remains controllable via Dashboard OS.

Just look out for that - I've been reading that if you've got a system that's freezing then you're not far away from the 3 red lights.

Yeah it's Forza 2's fault but there have been other games doing this to XBox units as well - MLB 2k7, C&C Tiberium Wars

According to what I've read the freezing comes from a perfect storm of hardware overheating and software running the machine too hard.

RC45 06-01-2007 11:13 PM

^^^ Any further info on this?

EDIT:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...howThread.aspx

15 pages of complaints about this shit .. ;)

Vindication I guess... these cocksuckers have been so holier-than-thou about the the title pre-launch and banned anyone not hero-worshippign Turn10 and Forza 2 :P

Now we see this.

Karma perhaps? :P

acmarttin 06-02-2007 01:46 AM

Yeah I guess if you build a game like Forza 2 up to be the GTHD for XBOX 360 you've got big boots to fill.

The info about the infamous 3 red lights of death I've picked up across various boards on gamefaqs.com

The games I play I check out the boards of and I've seen this sort of thing before - so I guess with Forza it's 100% Microsoft's fault.

The advice on how to cool your system is pretty standard. Obviously you can take greater lengths (I have a 19'' house fan blowing into my entertainment center) to make sure nothing overheats. I've been pretty picky about how well ventilated my box and power brick are and, knock on wood, I haven't had any freeze ups, red lights, or breakdowns.

The longest I've played Forza 2 in one sitting was probably 3-4 hours. But I've probably played 8 or so hours total by now. Like I've got nothing better to do.

-edit- I just checked out that link you posted and it sounds like a lot of these people are claiming their boxes are well ventilated...so I dunno....

MidEngine4Life 06-02-2007 02:38 AM

Only things i can complain about are the lack of an interior view, lack of a Fiero, and there is an error when i try to upload my photos. Other than that Ive been having lots of fun with it. No lag, glitches or crashes on my first gen 360.

Edit: Well even though it said error apparently it still uploaded my picture. I played it for a few hours the day I got it then went to bed. This is currently the fastest car I own. My suped up 944
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8...e944cz8.th.jpg

gis 06-02-2007 07:53 AM

^^ that pic is pretty cool,i cant wait play this game.....6 days to go for me

MUS911 06-02-2007 03:53 PM

finally i got it, i cant believe that i spent more than 4 hours playing!

i really loved it !

T-Bird 06-03-2007 12:58 AM

what I don'tlike is the fact that all your bonus cars are only worth 100cr to sell.

vexor 06-03-2007 01:47 AM

^^ auction house, u might get lucky and some ppl will start a bidding war

TNT 06-03-2007 02:50 AM

yeah i hate that auction house. its like a retarded ebay. but i am really enjoying playing the game online. i haven't found to many idiots that just want to play bumper cars.

twboy1999 06-03-2007 12:56 PM

this game keep on freezing

is really pissing me off

MUS911 06-03-2007 05:14 PM

im playing the game with the old Xbox 360 steering wheel.
the one with the gear shift knob.... Just WoW.

acmarttin 06-03-2007 05:49 PM

I think it's cute that on their troubleshooting forum they anticipated people would need the most help setting up a 3-screen display.

Fuck me, were they wrong!

They've even got a locked thread from Turn 10 promising people that Forza 2 won't break your x-box. I'm not so sure about that...

I still haven't frozen up yet but I'm still annoyed that Turn 10 rushed the balls off of this game. I wouldn't count on any downloadable content until they figure out how to make the game work.

Pokiou 06-03-2007 07:40 PM

i havnt bought it yet.. I have decided to wait for about 1-2 month before i purchase a buggy arse game like this..

Till then its Test Drive for me !

and GTR2

RC45 06-03-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou
i havnt bought it yet.. I have decided to wait for about 1-2 month before i purchase a buggy arse game like this..

Till then its Test Drive for me !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou
and GTR2

With a key "bought" from Jabba - but not yet paid for... or has that been taken care of?

Pokiou 06-04-2007 12:33 AM

i dont know i transfered money to the mentioned account he gave me with recipet number but he hasnt got it.. i asked the bank to look into it AGAIN .. which is silly.. all i did was a bank transfer.. OH and i cant get paypal to work.. worlds crapest system ... no such thing as simple... if i could pay with my credit card to jabba.. i think that would be better (just got my acredit card :P )