Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Supra/Mustang vs Murcielago? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25123)

TeflonTron 05-06-2005 12:24 PM

Supra/Mustang vs Murcielago?

I posted the below on another car forum, and all of the replies so far have been somthing like "My Camaro with 400BHP would eat a Murcielago" or "My Supra would kill any Lamborghini" and the usual crap. I'm hoping for a much better set of answers and a warmer discussion here.

"I've seen a lot of Supra, Mustang and Lamborghini videos in my time, but one question has never really been answered: how much BHP and Torque would a Supra and Mustang need in order to stay in the race with say a Murcielago? I know that Supras enjoy races from a Roll, but a Murcielago has such wide gearing that it can start a 70MPH Roll-On and still be at the bottom of 2nd gear, whereas its Traction Control and AWD means that it can rip it hard from a standing start, if the driver doesn't mind smoking the clutch a little. The Mustang and Supra are both lighter than the Murcielago, but I'm guessing that they would both need maybe 650BHP at the crank, due to the gearing, wide power-band and huge traction of the Murcielago? However, even with 650BHP at the crank I'm still thinking that the Murcielago would eat them when the big numbers of like 140MPH or 150MPH or so comes up? Thoughts? Comments?

This is not meant to be a flame on the Supra or Mustang, simply a discussion so that I can widen my knowledge.

TeflonTron 05-06-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brembo
Are we talking track use or the usual US handicap racing also known as drag racing....?

Sorry, my bad. Err, originally I was just thinking of in a straight line: from a stoplight, and from the usual 50MPH and 70MPH Roll-On. However, I'm also open enough to hear suggestions and thoughts on track use as well. :wink:

SnakeBitten 05-06-2005 03:47 PM

A Supra with 650hp would easily beat a stock 571hp Murcielago from any roll on race. From a dig it would depend on how good the 650hp Supra launches vs the idiot proof awd of the Lambo, but the Supra should win in the 1/4 as well..Modded Supra's are monsters on the topend not much can mess with them on a roll-on race especially if you spot one 650hp and bring a 571hp car to do battle.....

RC45 05-06-2005 05:33 PM

Actually around these parts any Z06 with headers and a hot cam will roll away from a Murci until the Murci starts it's run up to it' top speed from 150 or so...

You do not find (at least I have never) a street driven Murci or Gallardo that is abused from a stand still - something about Lambo clutches and drive trains being notoriously weak and expensive to fix.

As for how a 650hp Mustang would treat a Murci up to about 140mph - I think the Lambo driver would be placing a cell phone to his dealer crying that a $20,000bucket of bolts just kicked his arse...... ;)

But as they say - it's not about "who wins the races"... :P it's about "what the Murci represents".. ;)

PaulGT2164 05-06-2005 05:37 PM

a supra pushing 650hp would easily rape a muci from a stop or a roll..
from launch it would just depend on the driver...

same with a modded mustang , or like rc45 said, a modded z06

however, seeing such a spectacle would be rare lol but it would be entertaining :D

BADMIHAI 05-06-2005 06:46 PM

And a 900 hp AWD Lada would smoke a Murcielago....and blow up after 100 km. like those other tuned shit buckets you guys mentioned above. I am sick of this tuned Vs. stock debate. A Murcielago (or Ferrari, or Aston, or Porsche, etc.) is so much more than a drag racer and it seems many of the peeps on this site don't understand this.

TeflonTron 05-06-2005 07:09 PM

I agree, BADMIHAI: a lot of people do talk smack. Seems to me that they're slightly jealous of the fact that they can't afford the exotic in the first place, so feel the need to bash it. :wink:

What does piss me off though, are when people use the words "easily" and "rape" as if any old car with 500BHP or more will walk a Lambo like a stroll to the shops. I've never seen it, so that's why I started the thread, but I don't think that a Supra would "walk" or "embarrass" a Murcielago from a stop, and the same holds true for a slightly modded Z06. I think that people base their opinions on an old video of a Diablo messing up at the dragstrip against a Viper and fail to look at the raw numbers involved. Put it this way: when a Supra/Mustang/Z06 or whatever decides to race against a Lambo, it is they, not the Raging Bull that has something to prove, and that is why 9/10 the Lambo pulls out, or doesn't go into the race all guns blazing.

PaulGT2164 05-06-2005 08:31 PM

first off, read the original post...hes talking about Modded supras or mustangs..
hence the
"how much BHP and Torque would a Supra and Mustang need in order to stay in the race with say a Murcielago"

"I am sick of this tuned Vs. stock debate. A Murcielago (or Ferrari, or Aston, or Porsche, etc.) is so much more than a drag racer and it seems many of the peeps on this site don't understand this."

well he asked, so we all answered....dont hate the posters for answering a quesion they didnt ask. He asked about it being a stoplight drag...

"I don't think that a Supra would "walk" or "embarrass" a Murcielago from a stop, and the same holds true for a slightly modded Z06. I think that people base their opinions on an old video of a Diablo messing up at the dragstrip against a Viper and fail to look at the raw numbers involved"

obviously you have never seen/ridden in/ or looked at the numbers of a modded supra or Z06. there are numerous ppl here that would glady point you in the right direction. a stock lambo murci runs the quarter in 11.7 or so....thats a number easily achieved by a supra, or a z06 with relatively simple mods...a supra with roughly 650 hp runs the same time....and i am sure a z06 being a lighter car would run that if not faster...

exotic cars are awesome, dont get me wrong, and i am in no way jealous of not owning one, to be honest , i wouldnt want one cause id be too paraniod about it....you asked a question, so i answered, as did everyone else

i looked at the raw numbers, i have never seen that video...

why ppl have to get so defensive and insult others for answering a question honestly is beyond me

funny teflontom, you asked the question, and now you are insulting the ppl who answered by calling the jealous cause they cant afford one...

TeflonTron 05-06-2005 09:07 PM

PaulGT2164: I'm sorry if you took offense at my comments about exotics and jealousy. They were posted out of frustration, not hate, and I apologise. As I said, I posted exactly the same question over at RacingFlix, and every answer so far has been "Oh, Lambos are just overpriced junk" and "my Mustang would walk any lambo" (you know the type) and it pisses me off. All I wanted to know, in a basic form, was roughly what BHP a Supra or Mustang would need in order to match the performance of a Murcielago, both from a stop, a highway roll, and all the way until the big numbers of like 160MPH or more come up.

So, as per your last post, you reckon that a Supra, Mustang or Z06 with about 650BHP (give or take) at the Engine should be able to match a Murcielago to 60, 100, 150 and from a 70MPH Roll On? The reason why I ask all of theose numbers is that it's "easy" to get a car fast to say 60MPH, but much harder to keep that level of performance up across the whole range. Here's another question: would you think that the same 650BHP Mustang, Supra or Z06 would be able to match the Murcielago at extreme speed, like 180MPH, and could they match the top speed of like 206MPH? I know that the above are a lot of questions, but I have a thirst for knowledge, and I'm trying to pin down a helpful, and insightful person such as yourself to help me expand it!

PaulGT2164 05-06-2005 09:34 PM

for the top end of the equation it would depend on the gearing of the car

im not sure about the stock gearing on a z06 so maybe rc45 can shed the light on that one

supras, on the other hand have been known to reach 200+ mph, ill dig around and see how much power one would need to do that, at above 170ish the lambos better aerodynamics over the supra would be a large benefit. i know top secret has a supra that had 700-800hp and could do well over 200mph, and was street legal. there have been several ppl that have been able to get mostly stock supras (with the limiter removed) and enough road to 170+ so i am sure a 650-700hp supra could at least make it to 180-200mph if the proper saftey and aero mods were taken into consideration. i think that a well tuned 650hp supra could run with the lambo up to at least 160, maybe more

the z06 would fare better (its more aerodynamic) than the supra, however i am not sure of the gearing, so it may or may not be able to crack 200mph

and please, dont confuse this forum with racingflix.
from my experience here, the people on jabbas world (ive been here since it was started) are quite a bit better and more knowledgable

sads 05-07-2005 01:48 AM

the age old question of Stock V Modded? Well you put enought money into just about any car and you'll beat a performance car. I'll never be able to buy a Lambo so I always like it when I see a modded street car beat one , but in saying that I feel sorry for the guy in the modded car who has to pay the bills for it.

Toronto 05-07-2005 01:49 AM

^^^^ lol and a tuned 911's would hit 242mph
who care's
you spend money on a shitty car you get to beat a super car, you spend money on a sports/super car you get to beat the tuned shitty car.
In the end all you really want is the sports/super car 8)

RC45 05-07-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
You do not find (at least I have never) a street driven Murci or Gallardo that is abused from a stand still - something about Lambo clutches and drive trains being notoriously weak and expensive to fix.

Where do find this info about the notoriously weak drivetrain of the Murci and Gallardo?

I have searched the web some but didnt come up with anything, so if you could point me in the right direction I would be happy....thanks... :?

Ask Jabba.

Then watch owners videos of Lambo's - it's not an insult, just a fact that has been shared with me by more than one Lambo owner - cars/bikes that are sports orientated are not known for clutches and drive trains that can take standing start abuse.

If there is definitive proof that the Murci and Galardono longer suffer Lambo's clutch weakness then great - until then, based on what has been told to me by Lambo owners and been seen by Murcis and Gallardos on the street that are babied on the street I may change my view.

Afterall, sprint races around race tracks only start from a standtill once - the rest of the time the are rolling. So there is no need/desir/reason to engineer super tough drag-abuse resistant components.

RC45 05-07-2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulGT2164
exotic cars are awesome, dont get me wrong, and i am in no way jealous of not owning one, to be honest , i wouldnt want one cause id be too paraniod about it....you asked a question, so i answered, as did everyone else

i looked at the raw numbers, i have never seen that video...

why ppl have to get so defensive and insult others for answering a question honestly is beyond me

funny teflontom, you asked the question, and now you are insulting the ppl who answered by calling the jealous cause they cant afford one...

Exactly - the question was asked - we try answer, and they go off and act like arseholes about it.

However, these Murci and Gallardo guys better think twice before tangling with the new C6 Z06 - on the drag strip OR the road ourse.. :twisted:

Basically it is like a mean heads/headers/cam car out of the box now... ;)

It won't be long to wait for the "my modded Murci can beat your stock C6 Z06" stories to start surfacing... :P

mindgam3 05-07-2005 11:16 AM

Who cares - i know which one i'd take every day of the week - the exotica.

TeflonTron 05-07-2005 11:46 AM

Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after than all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

I don't think that it's so much an issue with the strength of the clutch and drivetrain, but rather that if they do break it's an expensive job to fix. Buying the car in the first place is expensive, but replaces clutches and the like simply because everyone wanted you to make a video of you crushing a Mustang, is something else!

RC45 05-07-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after than all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

I don't think that it's so much an issue with the strength of the clutch and drivetrain, but rather that if they do break it's an expensive job to fix. Buying the car in the first place is expensive, but replaces clutches and the like simply because everyone wanted you to make a video of you crushing a Mustang, is something else!

OH God forbid... now we are quoting AllanLambo as the gospel... :roll:

TeflonTron 05-07-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after that all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

OH God forbid... now we are quoting AllanLambo as the gospel... :roll:

I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you? What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch. What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine. Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!

RC45 05-08-2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you?

Actually you just quoted him...

Quote:

What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch.

Not that he has told you...

Quote:

What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine.

WTF would that prove? Prove that all the "exotic" is good for is just to give a single car demo? Prove that the cars clutch and drive train is too brittle to be beat on from a stand still?

Rolling starts of any type are pretty stupid in anything except races of some distance around a race track.

In the real world of street driven cars they are just a novel poinless past time - as you never know who wins because they jumped the start.. and who wins because the NOS Diablo SV is really as fast as they claim.

Quote:

Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!

Sounds like you are involved in a long distance relationship there.

TeflonTron 05-08-2005 06:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you?

Actually you just quoted him...

Quote:

What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch.

Not that he has told you...

Quote:

What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine.

WTF would that prove? Prove that all the "exotic" is good for is just to give a single car demo? Prove that the cars clutch and drive train is too brittle to be beat on from a stand still?

Rolling starts of any type are pretty stupid in anything except races of some distance around a race track.

In the real world of street driven cars they are just a novel poinless past time - as you never know who wins because they jumped the start.. and who wins because the NOS Diablo SV is really as fast as they claim.

Quote:

Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!

Sounds like you are involved in a long distance relationship there.

Hmm. RC45: you're one funny son-of-a-bitch, and you ain't even trying! :wink:

The point that I was trying to make was simply that with a Diablo or Murcielago there is no need to try and go for Armageddon from a stoplight, as most Mustangs, Supras and Corvettes, unless pretty heavily tuned, aren't going to win anyway. Moreover, from a roll, most of the musings that I've read from Lambo owners, are that from a 70MPH roll they should be in 2nd gear, but instead go and start out in third. I don't need to explain to you the difference that this makes in performance. Again, the car can post the numbers, but driving along at 70MPH in 2nd gear on the highway whilst the shitheal in his "souped up" Mustang lines the cars up and fiddles around with his camera, is not good for the drivetrain in the slightest. The clutch on a Murcielago, should it break, costs a heck of a lot more than the clutch on the Mustang or Supra, and owners of 1/4 million Dollar cars in the main, don't want to risk that, and why should they? Heck, they have the Exotic already, so there's no need to show off to their buddies or in order to get the girls. One Diablo owner who I do give huge props to though, is the owner of the 6.0 in the video of the race between him and Havoc in his tuned T/A. He says that he'll "race anyone, anytime, as long as it's safe".

Going back to Allan in closing: what's your issue? Is it because he's an arrogant bastard? Or are you one of those people who still subscribe to the theory that he's full of shit and the Diablo SV isn't his? Or, is it because he has the Exotic, and you don't? :wink:

RC45 05-08-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

The point that I was trying to make was simply that with a Diablo or Murcielago there is no need to try and go for Armageddon from a stoplight, as most Mustangs, Supras and Corvettes, unless pretty heavily tuned, aren't going to win anyway. Moreover, from a roll, most of the musings that I've read from Lambo owners, are that from a 70MPH roll they should be in 2nd gear, but instead go and start out in third.

Now why the fuck would you spend all that money, have all that car, and then just "pose" around in 3rd gear.. ??

Unless you just dropped the cash on a penis extension and were not a true motor enthusiast.

Based on AllanLambos personality - or lack there of - you can bet that the Lambo owner is not going to back down and "just roll from 3rd" on purpose, this is just a convenient excuse for those that can't drive worth a shit, or whose cars are actually slower than they think :)

Need I remind you of all the Enzos that have been driven by these egos and crashed and burned (literally) because they can't drive worth a fuck? :)

Quote:

I don't need to explain to you the difference that this makes in performance. Again, the car can post the numbers, but driving along at 70MPH in 2nd gear on the highway whilst the shitheal in his "souped up" Mustang lines the cars up and fiddles around with his camera, is not good for the drivetrain in the slightest.

So you are admitting that the drivetrain is inherently weak then?

Quote:

The clutch on a Murcielago, should it break, costs a heck of a lot more than the clutch on the Mustang or Supra, and owners of 1/4 million Dollar cars in the main, don't want to risk that, and why should they?

You have to pay to play - if the bloke spent his last dollar on the car, and now has no money to modify of maintain it - it's his fault isn't it?

Strangely enough, teher is an exotic mechanic with a small custom shop down the street from a good friend - and the few times we have been around this shop when owners have come to pickup their exotics, they actually do beat the snot out of them, and enjoy doing so - well at least the car enthusiast ones that would never "cruise" in 3rd and then get beat by a Mustang or Supra and then fall back on the "but I have an exotic so win the game of life" excuse - that response is reserved for the toffy nosed snobs who just spend cash on cars to bolster their own self image - the penis extension crowd. :)

Quote:

Heck, they have the Exotic already, so there's no need to show off to their buddies or in order to get the girls.

Oh - wait - you admit that most of the exotics are just penis extensions then :)

Quote:

One Diablo owner who I do give huge props to though, is the owner of the 6.0 in the video of the race between him and Havoc in his tuned T/A. He says that he'll "race anyone, anytime, as long as it's safe".

Then why not ask HIM the truth about what happens when he lines up alongside a $100,000 Veilside-type Supra? ;)

Quote:

Going back to Allan in closing: what's your issue? Is it because he's an arrogant bastard? Or are you one of those people who still subscribe to the theory that he's full of shit and the Diablo SV isn't his? Or, is it because he has the Exotic, and you don't? :wink:

You ever consumated this long distance relationship of yours?

Quote:

What I find strange with your statement is that the Murci and the Gallardo should be so damn weak as you say, first I havnt seen anything about this, and if it where true I think there would be alot of info about it on the web.....

Or the other side of the story is that most are driven by posers and wannabes and they baby the cars the entire time of the lease.. ;)

And the few that did get broken, simply get paid for and fixed.. :)

As has been said before - you gotta pay to play :)

mindgam3 05-08-2005 12:07 PM

I think you've (kinda?) hit the nail on the head for once RC45.

Enthusiasts who tune their cars extensively (whether it be yank trash or rice burners) are more likely to know how to look after their car and drive their cars.

Most exotica owner do have their cars as penis extensions as you rightly say and think that their just another bimmer they can hop in and drive and have no regards for the cars ability or looking after it - as the fact is, whether exotica or highly modded cars, both are in high state of tune and do need the correct treatment.

Either way, I know which one i'd prefer, faster or not....

RC45 05-08-2005 12:19 PM

^^^^^ Whoa - we almost connected there... ;)

And as far as "which to have, faster or not" - while there is something to be said for driving a recognizable exotic (Although most of the people you would be trying to impress wouldn't know an exotic if it ran over them on their way to their pathetic job anyway ;)) - but there is also something to be said for driving a relatively common sleeper car :P

Now - on the exotic thing, what is the real motivation for buying a car that is plastered on the bedroom walls of every 13 year old boy in the world... ? ;) :lol:

mindgam3 05-08-2005 01:05 PM

Quote:

Now - on the exotic thing, what is the real motivation for buying a car that is plastered on the bedroom walls of every 13 year old boy in the world... ? ;) :lol:

Heritage, history, soul, sound, sense of occasion, relative performance, relative exclusivity. And I think you answered your own question really; those enthusiasts who own exotica most likely had similar cars plastered over their walls when they were 13 - its a dream, its something to aspire to ;)

Although most 13 year olds now probably have rice on their walls, hardly insipational IMO :P

Most people would look at you in the same way they do someone in a ferrari or (at least over here where they're as rare as fezzas) - that with a "fast car" and a penis extension.... do you have a penis extension RC45? ;)

TeflonTron 05-08-2005 01:40 PM

RC: I'm not going to quote everything that you said, but I will ask this: what is your obsession with Allan and his Lambo? You seem 100% unable to answer the question that I posed to you, and instead, by way of answer, you feel the need to suggest that he and I have some kind of love affair! It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you obviously have some kind of issue with Allan, but kindly don't drag me into it.

No, I didn't just admit that Lambo's have weak drivetrains. What I did say, as you don't seem able to understand, was that rolling around in 2nd gear at 70MPH whilst waiting for the guy in the other car to start the race, isn't good for the car. I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a large percentage of people who buy exotics do so for the ego boost, not because they like to drive fast. However, buying something and then running it hard simply so pimply teenagers can yell "OMG!! I watched a video of a Lambo smoke a Z06" is stupid. Being able to afford something, and desiring to spend money on maintaing that same thing, are not the same, and you'd be an idiot to think that.

What's up with the comment on the Veilside? Because it could beat a Diablo? Whoopti-do. The guy who owns the 6.0 likes to race, even if he loses, as long as he has fun. Why not race your 'Vette against a Diablo and film the sorry result?

RC45 05-08-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

But I have a problem with your comment that the driveline and clutches are notoriously weak as I havnt seen or heard anything supporting this so until you can come up with something supporting your claim I call BS on it.....cuz if they where notoriously weak it would be an issue......

Remember - I am a wore out old fucker who still thinks the last true super car was the f40.. ;)

So my "Lambo's are notorius for their weak clutches and drivelines" comments are more correctly based on the truth of the Countach and Diablo - which are not known for being the toughest out there.. :P

As far as the Murci and Gallardo - there are VW-mobiles so don't really count as exotics anyway... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Most people would look at you in the same way they do someone in a ferrari or (at least over here where they're as rare as fezzas) - that with a "fast car" and a penis extension.... do you have a penis extension RC45? ;)

I am married - I barely have a use for a penis any more.. what the hell would I do with a penis extension... :P ;)

mindgam3 05-08-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

I am married - I barely have a use for a penis any more..

unlucky ;)

RC45 05-08-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

RC: I'm not going to quote everything that you said

That's ok - I got you covered mate...

Quote:

, but I will ask this: what is your obsession with Allan and his Lambo?

My obsession? You're the one quoting him as a valid source of opinion.. :)

Quote:

You seem 100% unable to answer the question that I posed to you, and instead, by way of answer, you feel the need to suggest that he and I have some kind of love affair! It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you obviously have some kind of issue with Allan, but kindly don't drag me into it.

He's all your's - I won't try come between you 2.. if that's what you are worried about.

Quote:

No, I didn't just admit that Lambo's have weak drivetrains. What I did say, as you don't seem able to understand, was that rolling around in 2nd gear at 70MPH whilst waiting for the guy in the other car to start the race, isn't good for the car.

Isn't good for the car? How the hell else are you going to extract the performance that was engineered into it, if you don't use it the way the engineers intended it to be used? Have you ever seen the videos of Valentino Balboni?

You don't get a car tp deliver on it's potential by lumbering around in 3rd.. you stomp on it and make it go fast.

If you are a half decent driver, you know what rpm/gear/speed you would need to be in, and at the correct moment, down shift and go.

Period.

Anything else is being a pussy-arsed wet noodle :)

Quote:

I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a large percentage of people who buy exotics do so for the ego boost, not because they like to drive fast.

You can go ahead and say most - because it is most.

Quote:

However, buying something and then running it hard simply so pimply teenagers can yell "OMG!! I watched a video of a Lambo smoke a Z06" is stupid.

But wait a minute - that would seem to be the motivation of Allan Lambo and his buddies --- right? ;)

Quote:

Being able to afford something, and desiring to spend money on maintaing that same thing, are not the same, and you'd be an idiot to think that.

In other words, just because you flaunt your wealth with $300,000 cars and $100,000 wrist watches when you need neither - you are really just being a snob and flaunting your wealth - aka penis extension.. :P

Quote:

What's up with the comment on the Veilside? Because it could beat a Diablo?

No Einstein - because these modded cars can cost upwards of $150,000 after all the materials and labour are accounte for - in other words - these owners CAN afford some exotica, but prefer to flaunt their wealth by buying/building super expensive money pits that will return nothing - expect fun and speed. :)

In otherword, like Jay leno - (doesn't he think Ferraris are over rated), they are TRUE auto enthusiasts - not snobs.. ;)

Quote:

Whoopti-do. The guy who owns the 6.0 likes to race, even if he loses, as long as he has fun. Why not race your 'Vette against a Diablo and film the sorry result?

Why not? Because they all back down, or are rolling from 3rd gear so I know the jackass behind the wheel can't drive worth a shit, and probably only has 100 miles behind the wheel of the car, all from driving down to the Louis Vuitton boutique.. ;)

The day a well driven Lambo shows up - that's the day we go - head to head camera's rolling.. :P

TeflonTron 05-08-2005 02:42 PM

"I'm married. That's what married means. It means you sleep together, but you can't get none" - Martain Lawrence, Bad Boys

RC45 05-09-2005 10:50 AM

Here is a perfect example of why you should get out use, and learn to drive your "exotica" instead of just cruising around in 3rd gear to "save the drivetrain"... :P

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badredcar.html

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 11:00 AM

RC: you own a Z06, right? Stock? If so, we both know that if both drivers are equal, you'd get your ass handed to you. There happens to be a video of Allan walking a 'vette like it was no thing...

As for Allan not being a valid sourse of opinion? Well, he may be an arrogant asshole, but you come across as an ignorant one. So, you don't like him, and think that he's not a nice person? So what does this have to do with his ability to drive, or his opinion that his clutch has never given way? I dislike lots of people, but respect their opinions if I know them to be a knowledgable source.

mindgam3 05-09-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Here is a perfect example of why you should get out use, and learn to drive your "exotica" instead of just cruising around in 3rd gear to "save the drivetrain"... :P

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badredcar.html

If i remember correctly that was a journalist who was showing off.... was posted a while back ;)

lol, while i was at the same site ;)

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/corvetteblow.html

RC45 05-09-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

RC: you own a Z06, right? Stock? If so, we both know that if both drivers are equal, you'd get your ass handed to you. There happens to be a video of Allan walking a 'vette like it was no thing...

Yes I daily drive a Z06.

You seem to be just as dillusional as the rest.

In a stock Z06 vs stock SV scenario there will be no walking anyone with either car. You seem to be unaware that stock for stock the SV and Z06 post the same 0-60, the same 1/4 mile and upto 130mph or so will run neck and neck - and then only begin to roll away.. from a stock Z06.

0-60 4s
1/4 mile 12s
60-0 100ft

The Diablo is a portly 3400lbs, the Z06 a svelte 3100lbs

I know you would like to believe that the Z06 is not faster than the F360, matches th F360CS, beats a stock Diablo and runs with a stock SV - but these are the facts.

AllanLambo's car is not stock - and if I ran against his car in a modded nitrous Z he would not be walking me in that race either.

I wish all you bench racers would actually get with the program once in a while - the Z06 is a fast car, much faster than most people would care to admit.

:)

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 12:26 PM

Well, a stock SV runs:

0-60 in 3.8
0-100 in 8.8
0-150 in 18.5

And I'm sure that these are numbers that the Z06 can't live with.

I never said that the Z06 is a slow car, as I'm perfectly aware of what it can do, but the fact is that it's a slower car than the SV. How about a race from 0-200MPH, just for fun? ;)

If, and I said if, the SV had it's gearing lowered to a point where it's top speed was the same as the 'Vette's, then it would walk. We both know that you get what you put in: the Diablo is a faster car, both in acceleration and top speed, and Lamborghini is a much more exclusive mark, but that comes at a cost. Is an Armani T-Shirt worth $200? Maybe, maybe not, but that's the cost of entry to the club.

*PS: glad to hear you finally admit that Allan actually owns the car. I guess you'd need 700BHP, give or take, to match him in a 'vette.

RC45 05-09-2005 12:48 PM

Quote:

Well, a stock SV runs:

0-60 in 3.8
0-100 in 8.8
0-150 in 18.5

THose are ideal numbers - which average owners will not see. The few Diablo's I have come across on the street tried and got left behind by a couple car lengths.

Quote:

And I'm sure that these are numbers that the Z06 can't live with.

Don't you get it yet? Those ARE numbers that the Z06 can live with - do you know how much skill a 3.8s 0-60 would take in a Diablo? A lot more than the average Diablo owner has.

The will be running more like 4.5s, much like what the average Z06 owner can manage - the Z is just that much easier to drive fast.

Both cars cover 1/4 of a mile 12s - with the SV running about 118mph and the Z06 right behind it at about 116mph - that means after 12s they are at the essentially the same speed, having covered essentially the same distance.

The cars are evenly matched - get over it already. Next you will be trying to disclaim the 7m56s Nurburgring laptime of the Z06.

Quote:

I never said that the Z06 is a slow car, as I'm perfectly aware of what it can do, but the fact is that it's a slower car than the SV. How about a race from 0-200MPH, just for fun? ;)

What's the point - it tops 5th gear at 6600rpm at 174mph - and in EPA ULEV format won't pull 6th gear - stock.

You seem to gloss right over the fact that AllanLambo's car is not stock - and that once you do intake, headers, NOS and associated injector mods to either the hz6 or the SV you are opening up a huge amount of extra potential for each car...

But they still remain essentially the same performance wise below 180mph.

Having said that I doubt you would even have the balls to run 200mh on the street - in either car :)

Quote:

If, and I said if, the SV had it's gearing lowered to a point where it's top speed was the same as the 'Vette's, then it would walk.

The SV had it's gearing lowered? Then it would have zero traction...

Quote:

We both know that you get what you put in: the Diablo is a faster car, both in acceleration and top speed, and Lamborghini is a much more exclusive mark, but that comes at a cost. Is an Armani T-Shirt worth $200? Maybe, maybe not, but that's the cost of entry to the club.

The Diablo is faster on paper - barely - and on the streets equaled by the Z06 - put both cars on a road course and the Diablo will be left behind like a day old bagel.

Quote:

*PS: glad to hear you finally admit that Allan actually owns the car. I guess you'd need 700BHP, give or take, to match him in a 'vette.

Allegedly.

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 01:57 PM

RC45: For all of the comments, back and forth between you and I, I'd like you to know that I'm not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out what I perceive to be truths.

You believe the Z06 to be the match of a Diablo SV in the real world, I disagree: such is life, and no harm done. I still disagree that the Z06, with a good driver, will match the SV with an equal driver, but that's my opinion: your opinion is different.

Oh, what is the 0-150 of a stock Z06, by the way?

Lastly, I'm piqued as to your opinions on Allan. After our polite banter back and forth, would you do me a small favour? Drop me a PM outlining why you subscribe to the belief that Allan is, shall I say, full of shit?

Be cool, be safe.

RC45 05-09-2005 02:20 PM

I am sure I have no issue with opposing opinions... :P -- I may not like em - but folks are free to have em.

Let's put it this way - on paper the SV is what the Diablo should have been all along - not the 13s, 0-60 in 5s car it was until the SV hit the road.

So perhaps my opinions are jaded by my encounters with "run of the mill" Diablos. Which are not as quick as people remember.

The Z06 0 - 150 should be about 22 or 23 seconds or so - right up with the GT3 or Viper and a bus length or 2 behind the SV.. ;)

Would I love to have a Diablo? In a heart beat - even if it is slower than my Z.. :P - just to have the glorious V12 to romp on.

My all time favourite movie opening sequences are still CannonBall Run I and II with the Countach wailing across the high desert.

I cannot afford a Lambo at this time (I could probably swing the purchase - but I don't know how well they are for sleeping in..), so I enjoy the piss out of my Z.

Would I want it for snob brag value? No - I don't hang around in those circles - if I was a zillionaire then I would, and I would need to throw money at my possessions to one up my neighbour... aka penis extension.. see AllanLambo in Webster's... :)

BTW - if his SV was so quick - why did he feel the need to modify it? Makes you wonder......

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 03:14 PM

Teehee! 5 seconds at 150MPH is not "a bus length or two"!! It doesn't matter though.

Behold, the one called Allan:

http://img123.echo.cx/img123/696/lam...niallan4pi.jpg

What isn't there to love? :wink:

JiggaStyles09 05-09-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

(I could probably swing the purchase - but I don't know how well they are for sleeping in..)

i hear they are actually not too bad now that they are made by audi. :wink:

SFDMALEX 05-09-2005 03:18 PM

Really who gives a shit which is faster?

A suped up Supra or a Mustang beats the stock Murc. Fine.

A suped up Murc beats the fuck out of everything.

This stock Vs modded argument is useless.

We all know what a suped up Porker and a Ferrari can do. Look at Koenig look at Ruf.............................

Lastly I could not care less if a dick in a Civic beat me in my Lambo...

As for the penis extension..........you guys are a sad bunch :lol:

RC45 05-09-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Teehee! 5 seconds at 150MPH is not "a bus length or two"!! It doesn't matter though.

Now you are sounding like the Guardian... :roll:

It's not like the one car is at 150 while the other is at 10, the there would only be about 5mph in it at the time - making the gap a lot smaller than you would think.

BTW - what a sad shallow life you must lead if you are measured by "your SV on the Net".. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Really who gives a shit which is faster?

A suped up Supra or a Mustang beats the stock Murc. Fine.

A suped up Murc beats the fuck out of everything.

Well - the suped up Gallardo pretty much lost to everything in the Car & Driver 10,000hp shootout.. ;)

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 03:26 PM

Well, he may be a cunt, but he has a banging, sexy car! :lol:

T-Bird 05-09-2005 03:27 PM

wow this is funny as hell A $35k Cobra and at the most $20k can make it hit the low 01's if not 9's I've seen it many of times and they can beat the living shit out of their drivetrains and not have to spend $50k to rebuild it. So for the price of a down payment on a Lambo I can have a car with a backseat that will go faster and I will personally enjoy more.

RC45 05-09-2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

But there is no need to be a prick just because you drive a Diablo... our own Jabba is testament to that.

You probably find AllanLambo wouldn't be much without his car.. :)

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But there is no need to be a prick just because you drive a Diablo... our own Jabba is testament to that.

You probably find AllanLambo wouldn't be much without his car.. :)

Oh, I agree 100%. He's just like my uncle in that respect. My uncle took a purple 911 Turbo S for a test drive a few years ago, and the only reason why he didn't buy it was because "no-one stopped and stared" at him as he went past! He got a Cherry Red Jaguar XKR drop-top instead!

As for Allan: I have to confess that I do like him. I'm not in to all of these Rappers throwing their bling in your face, but there is someone about Allan that I like, although it may be more about the car than him!!

RC45 05-09-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

As for Allan: I have to confess that I do like him. I'm not in to all of these Rappers throwing their bling in your face, but there is someone about Allan that I like, although it may be more about the car than him!!

I knew it... it's spring... and love is in the air... :P --- oohhh to be young and in love again.. hehe ;)

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I knew it... it's spring... and love is in the air... :P --- oohhh to be young and in love again.. hehe ;)

Please don't tell my Fiancé!! :wink:

SFDMALEX 05-09-2005 10:17 PM

Allanlambo is a silly cunt, a fucking dick with too much bloody money...did I say that he is a fucking dick? Oh I did, well Ill tell you again allan is a dick.

Check this out, allan, the notorious pimp!

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfil...LEX/alpimp.jpg

TeflonTron 05-10-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Allanlambo is a silly cunt, a fucking dick with too much bloody money...did I say that he is a fucking dick? Oh I did, well Ill tell you again allan is a dick.

Check this out, allan, the notorious pimp!

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfil...LEX/alpimp.jpg

LMFAO!!

Yeah, he is a bit of a dick, but he's always been cool with me (that's why I want his babies, RC!!)

Doesn't he hang around on a Ferrari forum as well, and spend all of his time talking about his Lamborghini? If so, that's priceless.

hemi_fan 05-14-2005 12:32 AM

Yeah, at a drag-strip I bet a Murci runs low 12s? Thats where I'd guess it is... So judging from that, a 400rwhp mustang should have no trouble with it at the strip. Traction becomes a very minimal problem on a RWD car even if you only have Drag-Radials on it... slicks and RWD becomes a traction advantage over AWD because of the power leaching. Gotta remember... Mustangs are King of the drag-strip ;)