Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Top Gear Troubles (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46139)

vexor 03-11-2007 06:39 PM

Top Gear Troubles

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ntopgear11.xml

so, in conclusion, the next season of TG may return only in the Fall and no one is saying whether Clarkson will be returning for season 11 or not.

ae86_16v 03-11-2007 07:02 PM

^ That sucks. As bias as he is, I think that show needs him. It just won't be the same. The chemistry around those three will be hard to reproduce with someone else.

Overall Top Gear is very good entertainment!

TopGearNL 03-11-2007 07:18 PM

TopGear = Jeremy Clarkson

Very sad to hear this but BBC has done the same with Top Of The Pops and that was even popular, they just cancelled it... :shock:

I really hope all is well in the end and we can have our good old TopGear :( !

5vz-fe 03-11-2007 07:20 PM

Yep, as cocky and biased as he is, he is very entertaining to watch.

obdr 03-11-2007 07:42 PM

uhhhh........sounds like a basic fight over money to me. I can only hope BBC pays JC what he wants to continue doing the show.

JC cant quit now........not when he hasnt yet driven the 599, the 997 GT3, the next GTR, the Evo X, the Civic Type R, the Saleen S-7, the........bah, he will be back. He cant leave now.

Although, there is something to be said about leaving on a high note.

TopGearNL 03-11-2007 08:03 PM

^^ I like the Simpsons :( :? :P

Max Power 03-11-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw06m6
Good things don't last forever. Thats why "The Simpsons" are still on.

so y r u still here :wink: :P

hopefully it is about money...otherwise tg=KO :(

deuces 03-11-2007 09:12 PM

i would probably have to boycott top gear if that happened

Firdosh7747 03-11-2007 11:02 PM

***GOOD NEWS***

Top Gear will return in the summer, the BBC has said - despite host Jeremy Clarkson declaring that it will not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6439449.stm

TopGearNL 03-11-2007 11:44 PM

^^ Good news!

They probably agreed to JCs demands! :lol:

vexor 03-12-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747
***GOOD NEWS***

Top Gear will return in the summer, the BBC has said - despite host Jeremy Clarkson declaring that it will not.

i dunno, from what I understand from that, it seems like they'll have a special like the Winter olympics and then the actual season starts in the fall.

MidEngine4Life 03-12-2007 02:08 AM

I dunno what id do without Top Gear. For me thats like telling the Pope "Sorry, but god doesnt exsist anymore."

acmarttin 03-12-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
I dunno what id do without Top Gear. For me thats like telling the Pope "Sorry, but god doesnt exsist anymore."

For real, man. : :( I hate to think about it, too.

yg60m 03-12-2007 07:50 AM

Fingers crossed :| It would be very sad to loose this show :(

TopGearNL 03-12-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firdosh7747
***GOOD NEWS***

Sounds like Jeremy just wanted more money, and BBC has finally agreed.

:bah:

Exactly what I thought, JC knows TG isn't the same without him so he can ask what he like to be honest..

martin100 03-14-2007 03:48 PM

Oh no, not troubles again :( I really hope that the show returns as it was even if it only returns in the autumn. And, of course, the show CAN'T exist without Clarkson, even if Hammond and May stay. There is noone who could possibly replace Clarkson. I really hope he doesn´t resign because that would be the beginning of the final end of the show, which would be a massive loss for all car enthusiasts all over the world :( They can´t simply shut down the best car programme in the world.
But, as the show is very popular and succesful, i don´t think they will shut it down. They just can´t :wink:

Pokiou 03-14-2007 06:07 PM

Worse comes to worse.. i can take Jeremy Clarkson's place and drive cars for him.

i can be bias also and entertaining :P

But seriously i dont think he will leave until he cant walk anymore... and if he does. Tiff should replace him.

Pok

Pokiou 03-14-2007 09:16 PM

fudge hybrid cars lol man i drive the loudest..biggest sucking turbo cars ever made from the land of whale hunting jap's lol ....plus i run my cars rich for the back fire affect :P

Pok

ae86_16v 03-19-2007 09:33 PM

He will be back. . .

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/19/c...r-will-return/

Firdosh7747 03-19-2007 09:34 PM

in the falL!!!! thats tooo! long!

SPEEDKILLAR 03-19-2007 09:38 PM

As a topgear fan I don't care that much anymore, I mean, we all have seen the last shows, very little car related and too much "BS" :roll:

TopGearNL 03-19-2007 09:45 PM

Its going to be a looong wait, but at least they are coming! :x :wink:

HeilSvenska 03-19-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
As a topgear fan I don't care that much anymore, I mean, we all have seen the last shows, very little car related and too much "BS" :roll:

GASP! A nonbeliever! Boil him in oil!!!

SPEEDKILLAR 03-19-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Quote:

Make that olive oil please :P

But no really, the last shows were amuzing in a funny way, but not car related like it should be

HeilSvenska 03-19-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Make that olive oil please :P

But no really, the last shows were amuzing in a funny way, but not car related like it should be

Car related enough. They did only have 6 episodes. And to be frank there weren't that important of cars that came out last oh... 10 months or so.

SPEEDKILLAR 03-19-2007 10:34 PM

^^^partially true, just hopes next time(a long time wait) they start to work "seriously".

Pokiou 03-19-2007 10:36 PM

I got top gear withdrawal syndrome :(

Pok

HeilSvenska 03-19-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

^^^partially true, just hopes next time(a long time wait) they start to work "seriously".

What do you mean "partially". And heck freezes over the day the Top Gear crew works "seriously". They might turn into Fifth Gear all over again.

SPEEDKILLAR 03-19-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean "partially". And heck freezes over the day the Top Gear crew works "seriously". They might turn into Fifth Gear all over again.

Partially in the sense that I don't agree that there weren't enough cars, besides that, they could have tested them thoroughly and give them more airtime.

That is why I used these "______" Not to serious off course, but more car action.

ViperASR 03-19-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokiou
Worse comes to worse.. i can take Jeremy Clarkson's place and drive cars for him.

i can be bias also and entertaining :P

But seriously i dont think he will leave until he cant walk anymore... and if he does. Tiff should replace him.

Pok

I think they should combine some people from 5th Gear with the TG crew. Have Tiff, and Tom (and maybe Viki) do some car reviews on TG, and make the show two hours long. That would be pure perfection.

SPEEDKILLAR 03-19-2007 11:08 PM

^^ ooh God, not that Tom character :x

RCV 03-20-2007 12:44 PM

I only hope that if someday, Top Gear is officially canceled, at least the hosts go to 5th gear. Though I still prefer the way it is today - two separate shows.

TopGearNL 03-20-2007 01:21 PM

TG should stay as it is, just more reviews would be nice!

Its a shame Tiff went away he's welcome to come back IMO, but I don't want that Tom, vicky ''cocksucking'' Henderson or LoveJoy ever coming to TG!

Erez 03-20-2007 02:00 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pokiou 03-20-2007 05:19 PM

See from reading this post.. i have come to the conclusion that we, the fans of TOP GEAR know what better for TOP GEAR then the BBC does. I reckon we do a hostile take over and have TOP GEAR in 1000 languages and showed all over the world, on all the channels 24-7 !!!

Pok

Dubai 03-20-2007 06:45 PM

If TopGear goes like "Pimp my Ride" or similar Brother like 5th Gear, I would jump from a 45 tower, and throw an 18 bus seater behind me, and to make things more ACTION!! I will be having a 1948 Armor Tank below me on the ground floor pointing upward, and to fill it up with a nuclear chemicals just in case the missile did not launch!

JC is the main reason that people do enjoy his show, Tiff and his gang are "Nice" but you will always pay attention to JC, althou usually he talks rubbish. But I love it.

So, I am don't worry, if he leaves TopGear, he will create something new, and I hope it will be in Discovery Channel HD, so I can watch it on my TV. but again, I might jump!

Made in the USA 03-24-2007 12:50 PM

Top Gear has gone from being a great car show to a scripted bunch of terrible crap that barley has anything to do with cars at all anymore. And of course that makes since why it now has the best ratings ever. The masses of people always like crap over real content.

2005 was the last season that the show was any good at all. Its utter rubbish now and should go off the air. Or they should just stop trying to pretend it has anything to do with cars and just let those 3 idiots clown around for an hour once a week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon Cowell took over as a “silent” director/ producer in 2006 because the show now has a cheap, cheesy, low brow fell like all the other shows and music that loser is involved with!

RIP Top Gear, you have already been dead for a long time!

HeilSvenska 03-24-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Made in the USA
Top Gear has gone from being a great car show to a scripted bunch of terrible crap that barley has anything to do with cars at all anymore. And of course that makes since why it now has the best ratings ever. The masses of people always like crap over real content.

2005 was the last season that the show was any good at all. Its utter rubbish now and should go off the air. Or they should just stop trying to pretend it has anything to do with cars and just let those 3 idiots clown around for an hour once a week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon Cowell took over as a “silent” director/ producer in 2006 because the show now has a cheap, cheesy, low brow fell like all the other shows and music that loser is involved with!

Psh. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Ghostbat 03-24-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think he's entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately it's correct that TG has gone from a car show to something slightly different. I also think that's kinda sad and would like to se more focus on cars.

Fleischmann 03-24-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Quote:

Quote:

I think he's entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately it's correct that TG has gone from a car show to something slightly different. I also think that's kinda sad and would like to se more focus on cars.

I kind of feel the same way, I miss the old Top Gear. Nowadays the jokes are quite montonne and predictable, some of the features are pointless and utter rubbish, I watch the show for those few classic moments which have become quite rare ever since the proclaimed "change" which took place 2 seasone ago.

ARMAN 03-24-2007 02:21 PM

even as much as I love TG I have to admit the crew is a bit overacting to make it more a funny show with cars than a car show. still theres NO better show on the planet 8)

martin100 03-24-2007 02:53 PM

^ dito. It isn´t as good as it was back in Series 7 (The best season ever IMO), but it is still VERY funny and entertaining. And with the LP640 review they showed that they are still able to produce the best car reviews in the world. The three characters simply work to well together to be boring. And i don´t want to see those idiots from crap gear at TG, as it would destroy the whole style of the show and the chemistry between JC, JM and RH.
And all you guys complaining about the last series should rather be glad that it still exists at all after all the late rumours :x Imagine what the car programme world would be like without TG and only crap gear left!
As i said, it wasn´t as good as series 7 for example, but it is still by far the best car programme in the world. And the features like the tractor or stretchlimo challenges were just hilarious, even if they weren´t completely related to cars.

All i hope for is that they just do a bit more car reviews in the next series and the summer special. Everything else should stay as it is :!:

Made in the USA 03-25-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARMAN
even as much as I love TG I have to admit the crew is a bit overacting to make it more a funny show with cars than a car show. still theres NO better show on the planet 8)

No better show on the planet? How about the UK office, American Office, Alan PArtridge, Saxondale, Extras, Sopranos, Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares, 30 Rock, modern Marvels, Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, How it's made, ... just to name a few that are / were so much better than Top Gear since 2006 its not even funny!!

Not to mention your very poor quality rips you put up on this board for “special users” that does not even begin to live up to the already available copies of Top Gear via torrent each and every episode!! I mean come on you are in Russia or Prague doing analog rips??!! That’s just pathetic!! Why does Jabba even let you be the one to provide that late, low quality rips of Top Gear? Are you disabled and in need of something to do or something.
Yeah I will get banned (again for what the 5th or 6th time? Cant remember) for this post and I’m “Base” but I mean come on!! What the fucking hell!?!?!

acmarttin 03-25-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

No better show on the planet? How about the UK office, American Office, Alan PArtridge, Saxondale, Extras, Sopranos, Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares, 30 Rock, modern Marvels, Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, How it's made, ... just to name a few that are / were so much better than Top Gear since 2006 its not even funny!!

Not to mention your very poor quality rips you put up on this board for “special users” that does not even begin to live up to the already available copies of Top Gear via torrent each and every episode!! I mean come on you are in Russia or Prague doing analog rips??!! That’s just pathetic!! Why does Jabba even let you be the one to provide that late, low quality rips of Top Gear? Are you disabled and in need of something to do or something.
Yeah I will get banned (again for what the 5th or 6th time? Cant remember) for this post and I’m “Base” but I mean come on!! What the fucking hell!?!?!

I'll tell you what the fucking hell - joining Fast Track is a way to support the site, and JW has way more to offer than Top Gear clips.

Suck our collective taints.

Ghostbat 03-25-2007 05:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Naturally Arman was talking about carshows you dipstick. If you dislike JW so much it's pretty pathetic that you return over and over again just to get banned.. Go find something else to do.

pitfield 03-25-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Shut thefuck up you loser.

Jabba 03-25-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Now there is something that you are right about :mrgreen:

*** BANNED ***

TopGearNL 03-25-2007 10:02 AM

^^ LOL!

:bye:

nthfinity 03-25-2007 10:28 AM

almost sounds like ol' Justin syder? but 6 times? then maybe Ford GTguy? lol

martin100 03-27-2007 02:10 PM

WTF what a nerd :lol: