Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Supra/Mustang vs Murcielago? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25123)

RC45 05-09-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
As for Allan: I have to confess that I do like him. I'm not in to all of these Rappers throwing their bling in your face, but there is someone about Allan that I like, although it may be more about the car than him!!

I knew it... it's spring... and love is in the air... :P --- oohhh to be young and in love again.. hehe ;)

TeflonTron 05-09-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

As for Allan: I have to confess that I do like him. I'm not in to all of these Rappers throwing their bling in your face, but there is someone about Allan that I like, although it may be more about the car than him!!

I knew it... it's spring... and love is in the air... :P --- oohhh to be young and in love again.. hehe ;)

Please don't tell my Fiancé!! :wink:

SFDMALEX 05-09-2005 10:17 PM

Allanlambo is a silly cunt, a fucking dick with too much bloody money...did I say that he is a fucking dick? Oh I did, well Ill tell you again allan is a dick.

Check this out, allan, the notorious pimp!

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfil...LEX/alpimp.jpg

TeflonTron 05-10-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Allanlambo is a silly cunt, a fucking dick with too much bloody money...did I say that he is a fucking dick? Oh I did, well Ill tell you again allan is a dick.

Check this out, allan, the notorious pimp!

http://www.is-mad.com/upload/userfil...LEX/alpimp.jpg

LMFAO!!

Yeah, he is a bit of a dick, but he's always been cool with me (that's why I want his babies, RC!!)

Doesn't he hang around on a Ferrari forum as well, and spend all of his time talking about his Lamborghini? If so, that's priceless.

hemi_fan 05-14-2005 12:32 AM

Yeah, at a drag-strip I bet a Murci runs low 12s? Thats where I'd guess it is... So judging from that, a 400rwhp mustang should have no trouble with it at the strip. Traction becomes a very minimal problem on a RWD car even if you only have Drag-Radials on it... slicks and RWD becomes a traction advantage over AWD because of the power leaching. Gotta remember... Mustangs are King of the drag-strip ;)

T-Bird 05-14-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi_fan
Yeah, at a drag-strip I bet a Murci runs low 12s? Thats where I'd guess it is... So judging from that, a 400rwhp mustang should have no trouble with it at the strip. Traction becomes a very minimal problem on a RWD car even if you only have Drag-Radials on it... slicks and RWD becomes a traction advantage over AWD because of the power leaching. Gotta remember... Mustangs are King of the drag-strip ;)

That and the fact that you can be at optimal RPM and drop the clutch and not worry about throwing halfshafts out the side of the car

sentra_dude 05-14-2005 01:14 AM

Quote:

BTW - if his SV was so quick - why did he feel the need to modify it? Makes you wonder......

:lol:

Are you a car guy?! Why does anyone want to make their car faster? Why do guys with 600hp Vipers want to spend another 10 grand and make it a 800hp Viper? Why do guys with bikes that run 9s 1/4mi stock want to modify them? They are too slow? I'm pretty sure 9s isn't slow. Think about it, its never enough...I'm sure all the Z06 owners out their who modified their Vettes did it because they were worried about how their car 'wasn't so quick' in stock form. :lol: :P

allanlambo 05-15-2005 03:51 AM

Quote:

I am sure I have no issue with opposing opinions... :P -- I may not like em - but folks are free to have em.

Let's put it this way - on paper the SV is what the Diablo should have been all along - not the 13s, 0-60 in 5s car it was until the SV hit the road.

So perhaps my opinions are jaded by my encounters with "run of the mill" Diablos. Which are not as quick as people remember.

The Z06 0 - 150 should be about 22 or 23 seconds or so - right up with the GT3 or Viper and a bus length or 2 behind the SV.. ;)

Would I love to have a Diablo? In a heart beat - even if it is slower than my Z.. :P - just to have the glorious V12 to romp on.

My all time favourite movie opening sequences are still CannonBall Run I and II with the Countach wailing across the high desert.

I cannot afford a Lambo at this time (I could probably swing the purchase - but I don't know how well they are for sleeping in..), so I enjoy the piss out of my Z.

Would I want it for snob brag value? No - I don't hang around in those circles - if I was a zillionaire then I would, and I would need to throw money at my possessions to one up my neighbour... aka penis extension.. see AllanLambo in Webster's... :)

BTW - if his SV was so quick - why did he feel the need to modify it? Makes you wonder......

Ahhh, spoken like a true moron. So the early Diablos ran 13's and 5 sec to 60? Thats funny. Car and Driver turned a 12.50 @ 125MPH, with 0-150mph in 18.5 seconds. Approx 5 seconds faster than your beloved Z, even though road tests have shown the Z to be as high as 25 seconds. Next in the Roadtest of a early Diablo vs as F40, the Diablo turned a 12.6@119mph. And lets not forget, this was in a car that was produced in 1991, Not 2005.

As for your opinion on a Heads cam z06 beating a murcielago easily, you may want to take a look at this:

The players:

2001 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 Mods, (Rear cats bypass - rear muffler delete - K&N Filters, 93 Pump gas) Everything else bone stock.

2003 Z06 346" Motor, almost everything possible done to this car for a stock displacment, Heads & Cams, Exhausts tuning, the whole nine yards, puts down 560-570 CRANK HP

Here is video and account of the races by the Lambo driver:

Here is the write up of the races:
Here is the Video of my Diablo 6.0 running against a modded Z06.

http://69.93.172.236/2001Diablo2003Z06.wmv

Race 1:

30 MPH roll, we ran from a set marker, i gave this to the Z06 by no more than 1 foot.

Race 2:

I missed 2nd gear (Good job i was in the L/H lane, otherwise i'll have been toast)

Race 3:

30 MPH roll, Lambo won this, appears to be a good car or so ahead.

Race 4:

30 MPH roll, Z06 Missed 2nd gear

Race 5:

30 MPH roll, Lambo won this race by a car length, maybe a bit less.

Race 6:

50-60 MPH roll, Z06 got me on this one by a car or so.

A great night all in all, every had a good time, with each run been very close!

Hope you like.

Kurt.

Another scenario, i can show you video of is my Sv, with only exhaust and air filters, racing an 04 Z06 from 30-140mph. It was very close, im only ahead of the Z06 at 140mph by approx 20 car lengths. :lol:

So preach the gospel of the Z06 elsehwere. Inmo, it is a boring, dime a dozen automobile. Good bang for the buck, with no style whatsoever. You want a cool inexpensive car, buy a Viper.

allanlambo 05-15-2005 03:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Damn dude, i just noticed your age. Now i see why you are such an angry man in denial. You are older than me, and still driving a Vette. That sucks. Remember i too had a Vettes, including a brand new ZR-1. But i had those in my early 20's, when i was broke.

T-Bird 05-15-2005 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanlambo
Quote:

Quote:

Damn dude, i just noticed your age. Now i see why you are such an angry man in denial. You are older than me, and still driving a Vette. That sucks. Remember i too had a Vettes, including a brand new ZR-1. But i had those in my early 20's, when i was broke.

You know what's the most pathetic thing about you?
Beside the fact your a little winny bitch? You own an H2 you poser!
I know quite a few people that have waaay cheaper and nicer IMO cars than your Diablo that could walk it all day long atleast Jabba doesn't go around saying he has the fastest thing on 4 wheels and that he's god's gift to the world. I would buy a Z06 anyday over a Diablo straight up.

saadie 05-15-2005 05:00 AM

Quote:

He got a Cherry Red Jaguar XKR drop-top instead!
so he hit his mid life crisis huh ... :mrgreen:

Quote:

its deffinetly not the rims ... 8) 8)
maybe its the nos ... but WTF would anyone wanna strap nos on one of the greatest supercars ever created .... :D :mrgreen:
its so lame ...

RC45 05-15-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't take long for the roaches to crawl out after the lights went out... and no need to bore us about your exploits spending daddy's money as you were growing up.

allanlambo 05-15-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know quite a few people that have waaay cheaper and nicer IMO cars than your Diablo that could walk it all day long atleast Jabba doesn't go around saying he has the fastest thing on 4 wheels and that he's god's gift to the world. I would buy a Z06 anyday over a Diablo straight up.

Judging by your choice of rides, i doubt youll ever be in the position of even being able to get a test drive in a Z06.

allanlambo 05-15-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't take long for the roaches to crawl out after the lights went out... and no need to bore us about your exploits spending daddy's money as you were growing up.

Daddys money? You wish. See it is possible to make money, on your own, not be be content knowing people drive cars wi=orth more than your home.

You try to belittle others who have more than you, but yet, what are you doing here, other than trying to exploit your POS Z06. Remember, you will always be low man on the totem pole! Better get back to work, your next 0% interest 10 year financing payment is due on that POS shortly.

T-Bird 05-15-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Judging by your choice of rides, i doubt youll ever be in the position of even being able to get a test drive in a Z06.

I've driven 4 in my life ass hole so think before you talk I would rather have my Pathfinder than your Tahoe oops I mean tiny cock truck H2.

I'm only 20 you dumb fuck I'm still in school so that I can make a living and have a life I'm proud of and not look back someday and realize I was a prick.