Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   American and European....two different ways?? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5009)

brian 01-28-2004 02:03 PM

I wish there was actually free trade... then I wouldn't have had to pay $800 duty to get my body kit delivered from Japan.

nthfinity 01-28-2004 04:25 PM

to bad for you. do you have then engine to back up the non-stock body?

graywolf624 01-28-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

I wish there was actually free trade... then I wouldn't have had to pay $800 duty to get my body kit delivered from Japan.
It's closer this way then that way. Japan china ect tarrif the daylights out of our stuff.
We do have some tarrifs. However, as I said. Constructing the car here gets you around that(not to mention most of the ones on whole cars have been repealed). Japan won't let american manufacturers buy land to do that there. That is why ford bought part of mazda in the first place.

brian 01-28-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
to bad for you. do you have then engine to back up the non-stock body?

it's a luxury car, not rice garbage... but to answer your question, I do have plenty going on to warrant the kit... though not that I feel it is absolutely necessary.

nthfinity 01-28-2004 05:03 PM

my own opinion consists of make the car work better first, then mabey later, make it look better.... but thats just me. many others disagree, many others agree... cars are like music in that respect.
japanese luxury... Infinity?
dont get me wrong, i love some of the jap autos, it loath some too... same goes for domestic, and european.
however, almost everything produced in Italy is awsome... except for lancia's less then the delta intagrale :wink:

graywolf624 01-28-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

however, almost everything produced in Italy is awsome... except for lancia's less then the delta intagrale
*cough* fiat *cough* reliability *cough*

brian 01-28-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
my own opinion consists of make the car work better first, then mabey later, make it look better.... but thats just me. many others disagree, many others agree... cars are like music in that respect.
japanese luxury... Infinity?

entry-level luxury :oops: it's posted in 'What Do You Drive Or Ride ?'

but you're absolutely right... first was suspension, then exhaust, then engine, then appearence if you wanted a timeline ;) I just don't think every car needs to be a race car like a lot of these kids seem to believe.
personally, I like to drive by nice and slow rather than race so everyone can see me. :D

nthfinity 01-28-2004 05:38 PM

very cool indeed, ill check it out. although, currently i cant say much since i cant afford an awful lot right now myself beyond rent/bills/car loan/school (no loans yet :fadein: )
Quote:

*cough* fiat *cough* reliability *cough*
sorry greywolf. you are once again correct... tho i cant say i know much about fiat except the name.

graywolf624 01-28-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

sorry greywolf. you are once again correct... tho i cant say i know much about fiat except the name.
lol. Its not about being correct. In most cases I'm just trying to keep people honest. In this case I was making a joke. I'm definitly not some car genius.

nthfinity 01-28-2004 06:28 PM

no worries, taken as a joke :mrgreen:
and, you definately know more about cars then i.... im cirtainly here to learn more. nice that i dont have to pay for any credit hours here :P