Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Top Gear Discussion (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   STIG Drove the Veyron!! (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32677)

LotusGT1 01-30-2006 06:14 PM

Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Ok, they built an overcooked TT with a blown engine and are able to sell it for $1 mill., I'll give you that, that's pretty unique :)

bmagni 01-30-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Ok, they built an overcooked TT with a blown engine and are able to sell it for $1 mill., I'll give you that, that's pretty unique :)

you forgot +400 kph - done (in the 30's)

bmagni 01-31-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmagni
Quote:

Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Not by somethin road legal however. And if you say the Veyron really isn't an achivement, since "it's all been done before", then the other supercars such as the Enzo are even less of an achivement.

Different points of view.
The thing is that reaching 400 kph with a 1000hp engine, doesn't quite amaze me... on the other hand the DSG is quite cool and impressive...
Also the Enzo does have something special, great handling without great wings... unlike lets say... the McLaren F1.

5vz-fe 01-31-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmagni
Quote:

Realize what?

V16 - done before
Quad Turbo - done before
1000Hp - ditto

Not by somethin road legal however. And if you say the Veyron really isn't an achivement, since "it's all been done before", then the other supercars such as the Enzo are even less of an achivement.

I don't think there's much about road legalness in 1930 :P~ my best bet is that the car back then is also road legal. (ps. I am netural in this, just wanna point this out that's all lol)

Banchi105 01-31-2006 02:28 PM

Did the stig ever drive this or not?

Banchi105 01-31-2006 03:36 PM

Ok thanks. I was really worried that somehow I missed it. :|

Honda_PoD 02-03-2006 11:34 PM

has the stig lapped the Mclaren F1? i know they have had it on the show but what was the lap time if any?

lamid 02-22-2006 07:39 AM

the veyron in the top gear studio was a prototype clarkson only got to borrow the car to do the race with hammond and may it was in the driving section of the sunday times saying that the reason it did not go round the track was because it was not a real car

Pokiou 05-08-2006 11:02 PM

whats the MACCA ??

nthfinity 05-08-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honda_PoD
has the stig lapped the Mclaren F1? i know they have had it on the show but what was the lap time if any?

it has been recorded; but who knows it will be broadcast

it was Nick Masons McLaren aka macca F1 LM or something... 1:17.4

yg60m 05-09-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Quote:

:?: ?!? Did I miss this episode ? I don't remember the MACCA being recorded ... :?

saadie 05-09-2006 12:27 AM

macca never did a lap :| ..

it was reviewed back in tiff's time .... it was brought back for some shots in the ferrari enzo eppisode ... but i dont remember it doind the lapp ..... :|

nthfinity 05-09-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yg60m
Quote:

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Quote:

:?: ?!? Did I miss this episode ? I don't remember the MACCA being recorded ... :?

no yann, you didn't miss a beat... the feature was recorded last fall to my knowledge; but even if the footage does get broadcast, Jeremey wont likely put it on the leader board; since its tires aren't 1995 spec tires it originally had.

yg60m 05-09-2006 12:48 AM

Thanks for reassuring me nthfinity :wink: For a second I had a doubt :|
So series 9 will be promising :P :wink: