Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   American Cars (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Drool cleanup isle 3... z06 corvette (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25993)

blah 06-06-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC45
Quote:

Originally Posted by gogglibear
Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Z06 is a super car at a performance cars price.

not trying to bring anything up but by todays standards of a supercar its more of a super sports car. 0-60 at 3.3 1/4 mile at 11.2 and a nice top speed of 212 is a supercar. But the real specs of the Z06 hasn't been officialy released so no arguements here.

Seems like people will do anything to down play the Z06... even trying to split hairs.

Where did you get these arbitrary numbers from? :roll:

DOnt try and change their minds, more for us. :P Let them have their ferraris and their lambos lets see them try and take those cars out to the canyons.

j_abbas46 06-06-2005 02:14 PM

I definately have nothing against the new ZO6 i think its performance is outstanding, and considering its price , its even better, but lets cut the bullsh**; if i came to u with a key to a ferrari 360 modena and a key to the ZO6 and offered you one which would u take?

Minacious 06-06-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_abbas46
I definately have nothing against the new ZO6 i think its performance is outstanding, and considering its price , its even better, but lets cut the bullsh**; if i came to u with a key to a ferrari 360 modena and a key to the ZO6 and offered you one which would u take?

For real world living, the Z06.

Cornutu 06-06-2005 02:56 PM

75k is a bit more than the standard c6

nthfinity 06-06-2005 03:15 PM

just to raise the level of traffic for american car-lovers... some picutures of the new Z06 in Brighton (and a couple small clips)
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27376

5vz-fe 06-06-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minacious
Quote:

Really??

gogglibear 06-06-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I'd say when proper review comes out, the z06 will be everbit as good (if not better) than the Ford GT

that is something I can't agree with you on, The GT is keeping up with cars with more bhp and less weight for instance the CGT. But you should keep your hopes up but don't try to think it will be close to the numbers the Ford GT pulls.

5vz-fe 06-06-2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'd say when proper review comes out, the z06 will be everbit as good (if not better) than the Ford GT

that is something I can't agree with you on, The GT is keeping up with cars with more bhp and less weight for instance the CGT. But you should keep your hopes up but don't try to think it will be close to the numbers the Ford GT pulls.

I guess you maybe right for 0-60 coz the Ford GT does have an advantage being midship. It should get more traction off the line. We'll see <finger crossing> :wink:

Minacious 06-06-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really??

The upkeep on the Z06 will be far more reasonable than the upkeep on the 360. I buy a performance car to make it perform, not have it sitting in a garage as a collectors item. With that said, the amount of money spent keeping the 360 running like a champ after all the miles put on it, could buy me another Z06.

5vz-fe 06-06-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really??

The upkeep on the Z06 will be far more reasonable than the upkeep on the 360. I buy a performance car to make it perform, not have it sitting in a garage as a collectors item. With that said, the amount of money spent keeping the 360 running like a champ after all the miles put on it, could buy me another Z06.

I hear you loud and clear man, but the sound of the engine and the brand, just cover my entire praticality theory LOL. But hey, if u can't afford to service it, just sell it out by that time. You will still have enough money to buy a new Z06 and put a chunk in the bank :)

*note* but do take a custom pic before u sell it and put it in "What do you drive" :wink:

SFDMALEX 06-06-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not trying to bring anything up but by todays standards of a supercar its more of a super sports car. 0-60 at 3.3 1/4 mile at 11.2 and a nice top speed of 212 is a supercar. But the real specs of the Z06 hasn't been officialy released so no arguements here.

Seems like people will do anything to down play the Z06... even trying to split hairs.

Its not like you dont do the same thing in the opposite direction :wink:

graywolf624 06-06-2005 06:47 PM

Quote:

Out of curiousity did anyone ever test the production ford gt on the track.

There was a huge disparity in the tests by the magazines that makes me sorta question there wasnt a ringer in there somewhere, especially given the weight of the vehicle itself.

ViperASR 06-06-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caplax40
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caplax40
Eh, no thank you.

Move along - nothing to see here Ferrari-dreamer-Camry-driver.

:P

Hah, no thanks to both of those! Well a Ferrari maybe, but it's down quite a ways on my list!! :D

right, so you wouldnt want a 505 hp Corvette. And you wouldnt want a Ferrari F430. So what car would you want. Oh i know, one of those cars from The Fast and the Furious :slap:

RC45 06-06-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Its not like you dont do the same thing in the opposite direction :wink:

Hell yeah - this is the "leaf spring" forum... :P We do things a little different than over in your "champagne & caviar" forum.. ;) hehe

JiggaStyles09 06-07-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Quote:

Out of curiousity did anyone ever test the production ford gt on the track.

There was a huge disparity in the tests by the magazines that makes me sorta question there wasnt a ringer in there somewhere, especially given the weight of the vehicle itself.

well i have seen times ranging from 12.2 (road and track) to 11.2 and 11.6 (motortrend tests) forget what car and driver got but i think it was in the vacinity of high 11s. so yea i see what you are saying about the differing times. and motortrend tested the top speed at 200.1 (which suspiciously was the same car that recorded the 11.2 second 1/4 mile)

i dont think there has been too much doubt that the car is making more than its advertised power just about how much more. i think its safe to say its a mid to high 11 sec car in the 1/4 mile.