Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Chat (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   *TAKE THE TEST* "Ricer OR Racer" *TAKE THE TEST* (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17811)

Mr.T 10-27-2004 08:54 AM

My results were very true of me.

Gran Turismorator
You scored -21%

You are a respectable tuner. You probably subscribe to one or more tuner magazines and know, quite a bit about your car and/or racing in general. Either that or you play a shitload of GT3. At any rate, you recognize the difference between a wastegate and a blow-off valve. In time, and with practice, you may attain "Racer X" status since it is supposed that you are relatively new to tuning and still have much to learn. Keep, working, and thank the maker that you're not a ricer.

cooperluke 10-27-2004 10:12 AM

Gran Turismorator
Scored -22%

.... but there were a few "technical words" I didn't quite understand...

SilviaS15Cwest 10-27-2004 07:06 PM

It wont let me enter my birthday cause the year section is screwed up. I didnt know all the answers. Like the Valve stuff for a Nissan.

homemade wrx 10-27-2004 11:59 PM

Racer X
You scored -33%
I think from the questions this guy posted, he owns a AWD turbo car...and autocrosses...maybe that is why I got 33%
somone has to score higher than me, I can't be the best at this lame test of "car knowledge" :roll:

homemade wrx 10-28-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilviaS15Cwest
It wont let me enter my birthday cause the year section is screwed up. I didnt know all the answers. Like the Valve stuff for a Nissan.

I didn't either, but I knew VTEC is honda AVCS is subaru and VVT is Toyota

FerrariKiller 10-28-2004 12:14 AM

RacerX -25 and a pretty ALMS picture with the YES Network Porsche (can they even finish a race, Leo Hindery sucks?)

adamk24 10-28-2004 12:38 AM

Well this test pretty much confirmed my suspection that most of us are ricers :mrgreen: Let the flaming begin!

homemade wrx 10-31-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamk24
-28% racerX woot. I have a big problem with one of the questions they ask however.

20. Again, correct order. IC=intercooler, CC=combustion chamber, TC=turbocharger, UP=up-pipe, DP=down-pipe
Filter, IC, TC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust
Filter, TC, CC, IC, DP, UP, exhaust
Filter, TC, UP, IC, CC, DP, TC, exhaust
Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust

The correct Awnser which should be Filter, TC, UP, IC, CC, TC, DD, Exhaust was not listed. :x I should email them a message. "Whos the ricer now, bitch? :D "

Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust this would be the proper order
but should say Manifold instead of UP, that way it is a turbo general question, because as far as I know, subies are the only ones with uppipes...

adamk24 10-31-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Filter, TC, IC, CC, UP, TC, DP, exhaust this would be the proper order
but should say Manifold instead of UP, that way it is a turbo general question, because as far as I know, subies are the only ones with uppipes...
Yes, subbie's are the only ones with so called 'up pipes.' And I got that question right because the others are obviously more wrong. However, the Up pipe is not the manifold, it is part of the piping leading to the intercooler coming off the turbo. Many aftermarket companies sell 'up pipes' for WRX's. :roll:

Loops 11-01-2004 02:38 PM

Gran Turismorator
You scored -10%

You are a respectable tuner. You probably subscribe to one or more tuner magazines and know, quite a bit about your car and/or racing in general. Either that or you play a shitload of GT3. At any rate, you recognize the difference between a wastegate and a blow-off valve. In time, and with practice, you may attain "Racer X" status since it is supposed that you are relatively new to tuning and still have much to learn. Keep, working, and thank the maker that you're not a ricer.

Daggernite 11-01-2004 03:04 PM

one of two things happened if you received this rating. Either you know absolutely nothing about tuner culture and chose "no idea" often. In this case, i guess i could say congratulations, but really you wasted your time taking this test...actually this test is a waste of time for everyone. The second option is a little rarer. You must be someone that knows a lot about either mechanics or racing, but jack about the other subject....or you're just guessing. Either way, congratulations....you're mediocre...but still not a ricer, for which you should be thankful

Hmmm goin to kill self....... least im not a ricer.... :cry: good bye cruel world

Skaala 11-01-2004 03:57 PM

Racer-X-28%

africanmojo 11-01-2004 09:41 PM

-16% much as i expected would have liked better but is better then being a ricer that is for sure.

black_magician 11-01-2004 10:38 PM

Gran Turismorator
You scored -20%

I gotta become a racer-x when I get out of college.

the last question about Fast and the Furious had me rolling on the floor! :lol:

OVERLORD_CHRIS 11-09-2004 04:10 AM

Gran Turismorator
You scored -14%

Floor pan falling out hahahaha why didn't they ask about Sport Sedans? Geez a 626 is not a large sedan, my Town Car is a large sedan lol :D