Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net

Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   What Do You Drive Or Ride ? (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My '91 Ferrari 348 tS - 7 month update (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43182)

novass 11-23-2006 12:35 AM

Congrats! Looks nice and should provide a lot of fun for you in the future. Its nice to hear that your dream has come to fruition too. :D

BADMIHAI 11-23-2006 12:37 AM

Congrats on owning one of the less than 3000 of those beauties. 8) I wonder what the drive is gonna be like. Ferraris back then weren't renouned for their touring capabilities. :mrgreen:

sentra_dude 11-23-2006 12:42 AM

Is that 312 like the one Alain de Cadenet drove in the Ferrari Victory By Design?

Caplax40 11-23-2006 12:44 AM

Hey Sameer,

In the fourth photo you posted of the leakdown test, is that a 360 Challenge in the background?

Congrats on the car man!

bmagni 11-23-2006 12:44 AM

congrats and enjoy it !

sameerrao 11-23-2006 01:38 AM

Thanks guys for the good wishes .. I am really tired (sleep deprived this week) but elated.

Caplax - Yep - 360 Challenge needing quite a bit of maintenance

Mihai - I drove the car for about an hour today. The car has a stiff clutch and the non-assisted steering requires quite a bit of effort at low speed. Its a huge change from the Audi. But the steering loads up beautifully into the corners. The seats are quite comfy for a short trip. Tomorrow I will learn how things will pan out on a long trip

Sentra - Yep - Same car

TT 11-23-2006 01:53 AM

YEAH! So happy for you!! Like most ppl around here I am wondering why finally the Porsches will be replaced by a Ferrari (or maybe it will just sit alongside them, who knows). I hope my time will come soon, but hell, even reading about somebody else's best automotive day makes me proud!

jorge 11-23-2006 02:01 AM

congratulations sameerrao, IMO one of the most beautiful cars in the world :o

pterps 11-23-2006 02:22 AM

Congratulations Sameerrao, it's a beautifull car, enjoy it. And send us pics regularly!

Zot09 11-23-2006 03:26 AM

Congrats! You picked up a beautiful ride! I hope you have a fun and safe trip back down to Texas.

I plan to purchase my first Ferrari maybe a decade after I graduate from grad. school(2 years left of undergrad + 4 years grad + 10 year = 16 years). A F430 :D

Erez 11-23-2006 06:38 AM

Congrats! 8)
she is looking mighty fine 8)

as for mods.. one word, tubi ;) 8)

Erez 11-23-2006 07:23 AM

^ next month? :mrgreen:

ARMAN 11-23-2006 09:01 AM

Woooohooooo!!! Man I am SO happy for you Sameer! :P One of the best feelings/experiences of the lifetime - owning first Ferrari :twisted:
Looks like its in a very mint condition, cant wait for about thousand pics and some vids :P

Wishing you many many miles without any problems :wink:

...man i envy you Sameer :oops: :D :wink:

TopGearNL 11-23-2006 09:17 AM

Congrats Sameerrao!! Im really glad you found a good model in the end, lets hope you can enjoy it for many many miles!! :D

You were talking about spraying the black panels red? I asked my uncle about that since he has a car spray/repair shop and he said that it would have to be a precision job if you don't want to see the difference between the new red panels and the old ones. Maybe its better to respray the whole car then, but thats easy coming from me since I don't have to pay :oops: :wink: .

Jabba 11-23-2006 09:28 AM

Congratulations, my first Ferrari was a 348TS and therefore always the most special, a couple of things I had done to enhance its beauty was to replace the black horse on the back black grill with a nice silver one, and also a silver horse on the front grill, I also had the lower black skirting colour coded red to match the rest of the car.

I am going to change to change your yellow posting count horses to celebrate the occasion :wink:

EDIT : just seen that you have the silver horses fitted already :D