PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap!!! EVO CARRERA GT VS. MCLAREN F1!!

CarreraGtRacer
05-05-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.supercarfreak.net/gallery/Evo

Can life be any better?? :)

coloradosilver
05-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Long live the king!!! McLaren forever!!
:mrgreen:

ice
05-05-2004, 07:00 PM
I HATE how not ONE mention of the F50 or Enzo, which, although have a slightly different "take" on the ultimate sports car, are nontheless equal if not greater.
Personally, i think journalists are afraid to compare the GT and Enzo directly and with the MErc present, for one, I think no british journalist wants the Merc to be displaced, and also, the Enzo and Gt are both perfect, yet with different attitudes to achieve it.

jorge
05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Very nice article, the cars look amazing togheter! :)

novass
05-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Long live the king!!! McLaren forever!!
:mrgreen: its gonna lose the crown one day

5vz-fe
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
It so amazing that McLaren's performance has been on top for 10 years. Of course, I am sure both Enzo and CGT will out handle the Mclaren.

TT
05-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Very nice :D can't wait to get mine to scan all the rest of the magazine :D

budagboy2
05-05-2004, 07:59 PM
One of the best i have ever read!!!

sameerrao
05-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Superb article. I was chewing my nails to see if the F1's long-lived crown would be snatched by the CGT? Relief that the F1 won. It was, is and will be a Supercar icon that will last through the ages.... I am rushing out to look for the Evo in the stands

robruf
05-05-2004, 11:07 PM
On supercar terms the F1 may not be beat for a very long time, but having to replace the clutch every 3000 miles means that one cannot even compete in a Gumball or Players Run without replacing the clutch, seems pretty stupid to me, but I am sure that you could get a racing clutch as people drive just about 3000 miles in the Lemans 24 hour race, don't they? Great article, I would probably still buy the F1 if I had the cash available.

CarreraGtRacer
05-05-2004, 11:12 PM
The stats were way off for the Carrera GT.

HoboPie
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Superb article. I was chewing my nails to see if the F1's long-lived crown would be snatched by the CGT? Relief that the F1 won. It was, is and will be a Supercar icon that will last through the ages.... I am rushing out to look for the Evo in the stands

Yep, cause if EVO said so........ it must be true!!!

levensnevel
05-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Highly appreciated CarreraGTRacer,

A nicely balanced back 2 back review by EVO

Vansquish
05-06-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm glad they didn't really try to do an out-and-out best sports car ever thing with this...it's a sort of friendly comparison with a relatively unbiased point of view, but tinged with a bit of nostalgia. Well written and an excellent conclusion. Vive le F1!!

yg60m
05-06-2004, 12:49 AM
http://www.supercarfreak.net/gallery/Evo

Can life be any better??

No !
Thank you mate, great day :D

Schwalbe
05-06-2004, 03:18 AM
Wow, I always wanted to see a comparison between these two supercars. :D

Thanks a lot CarreraGtRacer for this one !

astonmartinandy
05-06-2004, 08:32 AM
I am now about to run to the newsie to go and buy the magazine! Brb..

No.1
05-06-2004, 12:00 PM
I have the magazine.. this is a great article written by Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean

The McLaren is still the car to beat :D

sentra_dude
05-06-2004, 08:17 PM
I HATE how not ONE mention of the F50 or Enzo, which, although have a slightly different "take" on the ultimate sports car, are nontheless equal if not greater.
Personally, i think journalists are afraid to compare the GT and Enzo directly and with the MErc present, for one, I think no british journalist wants the Merc to be displaced, and also, the Enzo and Gt are both perfect, yet with different attitudes to achieve it.

If you hate it, don't read it, jerk. Atkinson was the author, and he felt those cars did not live up to the idea of ultimate sports-car, so he didn't include them, SO WHAT! It was his fucking article to write, there are countless articles talking about Ferraris...then one that doesn't include one and you get all bent out of shape, because, oh no...thy great Enzo is not mentioned. :roll:

The Enzo isn't perfect, not with that computer for a gearbox...

Almost forgot...great article! 8)

gucom
05-07-2004, 01:34 PM
THANK YOU my 2 favourite cars compared to each other :D :D :D :D :D

Tomerville
05-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Nah, the king is the Carerra GT...IMO. I don't know what it is about the McLaren I don't like...perhaps it is because everybody seems to love it?

mrzonda
05-07-2004, 02:56 PM
The Macca is Mr Bean's car right?

I didn't read it yet, I'm waiting for my copy to come (it has to be imported). But I did look through the pics on the scan, and it looks to be a great article. :D

I'm hoping one day that evo gets them all together (CGT, Enzo, Zonda, Koenigsegg, SLR, etc etc) for one big test. They sort of hinted at having a test like that in the first few paragraphs of ecoty.

The beauty of having the Atkinson's McLaren is that they can use it as often as they like.

jon_s
05-07-2004, 03:10 PM
I think my letter was better lol :D

I enjoyed reading the article along with the rest of teh mag...yet another quality issue.

DMbaseball1604
05-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks! I just finished reading and I found it very interesting..I'm a huge Porsche fan..and I would have a hard time not choosing the McLaren F1 but for practicality reasons: the carrera GT being easier to manage on the road, I would probably have the Carrera GT...

Fluxlo
05-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Hmm...i wonder if the writer was a bit biased...after all he does own a mclaren f1.

BADMIHAI
05-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Nothing can really dethrone the F1, unless come other crazy genius like Gordon Murray takes over Ferrari (or makes a company) and leads it close to bankrupcy to produce an uncompromised car to spank the F1.

cikay1
05-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Ah man, this sucks man. I wish they had a copy of it here right now! Its suprising that i cant find a place that sells EVO in the city of melbourne after my newsagent stopped selling it. FOr whatever reason they stopped selling it here is beyond my understanding.

CarreraGtRacer
05-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Nothing can really dethrone the F1, unless come other crazy genius like Gordon Murray takes over Ferrari (or makes a company) and leads it close to bankrupcy to produce an uncompromised car to spank the F1.meh...Porsche can do it. for $440,000 they created a car that rivals the F1...imagine if they threw in another $600k.

The F1 still is king though and I accept that since that car is amazing

rob_e1
05-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Rowan Atkinson owns an F1 but that was not his car. It was supplied by another (generous) owner. I think Atkinson's is maroon? Evo probably got the two silver ones for a better cover shot..

Given he obviously rates the F1 very highly (enough to actually buy one) the article comes across as very impartial and matter of fact.

He's a total petrol head - he also runs an NSX and drives in the goodwood revival every year. :)

Kz
05-15-2004, 10:45 AM
MCLAREN F1 ROcks!!!! but so does the carrera gt

3D_CARD
05-15-2004, 01:53 PM
The site is down due to bandwidth limitation, who can share another link or so? :wink:

callen
05-15-2004, 02:10 PM
bandwidth exceeded... :( i guess i wll have to wait til another time :?